Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Jul 14-17

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Brash warming up, not sure how I feel about putting him in a close game. Once he comes in, you better warm someone else up.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope MLB and Manfred realize, like it or not, that Julio is going to be the face of MLB and there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it.

Embrace him, cherish him, he’s a kid that loves to play baseball and it shows, you couldn’t find a better ambassador of the game.

Echawks

Reaction score
There have only been 3 mariners where I felt they would get the hit, that clutch hit. Edgar, Griffey and Ichiro..

Welcome to the group Julio

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
When is a strikeout a good thing? When there is less than 2 out and Julio is on deck. The worst thing Haggerty could have done was hit a ground ball there in the 8th. 😄

Ruminator

Reaction score
I hope MLB and Manfred realize, like it or not, that Julio is going to be the face of MLB and there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it.

Embrace him, cherish him, he’s a kid that loves to play baseball and it shows, you couldn’t find a better ambassador of the game.
I must have missed something in regards to Manfred. Curious what that might have been about.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
There have only been 3 mariners where I felt they would get the hit, that clutch hit. Edgar, Griffey and Ichiro..

Welcome to the group Julio
It's early, but he's getting there. I'd argue that Ty France might be approaching that group, too. He may not have the same power, but he's been money all season in situations like that.

Echawks

Reaction score
I mean I liked Alvin Davis, Harold, Buhner and Seager but very few mariners have ever been just clutch.

You are right thought, when France is up I am starting to expect a hit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I must have missed something in regards to Manfred. Curious what that might have been about.
The suspension thing. They never said what Julio did in the fight to get suspended. The shitty ump said “it’s in the report”. MLB never said what he did, they just reduced it one game without giving any details.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's early, but he's getting there. I'd argue that Ty France might be approaching that group, too. He may not have the same power, but he's been money all season in situations like that.
Yep Ty is in the professional hitter camp. Rarely gives away an AB.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Reminder. 1 pm PDT first pitch today.

Looks like Gilbert vs Howard. Need to keep the streak alive.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Santana bomb! What a great mid season pick up. M’s 2-1 lead.