Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Jul 14-17

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I'm hearing Matt Bush as the Rangers pitcher on a bit of a bullpen day. Anybody else hear anything different?

Robbie Ray on the bump for the M's.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Getting to 14 is very doable now.
It's a crazy game, and you never know. I've heard that the fatigue factor doesn't really kick in until the 2d day after the double header and short trip, which means tonight could be dicey. All other factors beyond that and just dumb luck, and yeah we should have this. Robbie has been on a tear since he added the 2 seamer. At least some more bullpen assets should be available.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's a crazy game, and you never know. I've heard that the fatigue factor doesn't really kick in until the 2d day after the double header and short trip, which means tonight could be dicey. All other factors beyond that and just dumb luck, and yeah we should have this. Robbie has been on a tear since he added the 2 seamer. At least some more bullpen assets should be available.
Our bats look fatigued so far.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Frazier has quietly been great for us as of late. Some timely clutch hitting to take the lead.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Like he was supposed to be when we picked him up. He had a pretty decent resume coming in.
I’m not sure what the 2B market is at the trade deadline, but he is making a case for us not to have to make a move there.

Got some luck on that Upton hit, unfortunately he got thrown out at home. Nice little 3-0 lead for Robbie, hopefully that is all he needs for us to win.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Robbie has 40 pitches starting the 4th. That's in CG range, or at least 7-8 innings. (y)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Robbie throwing gas, strikes out the side. He’s been out of this world as of late.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Old school baseball. Get 'em on, move 'em over, bring 'em home. (y)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Robbie strikes out 14 or more today, he’s dealing. Sit em down!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You guys taking over/under 14.5 K’s tonight? He’s at 9 as of now almost through the 5th inning.

Threedee

Reaction score
My main argument is that we got through the Rangers' ace pitcher, and, we seem to be conserving our bullpen arms. The real question is, how will we fare against the Assholes and Yankees. Especially with the magical performance barrier, that is the ASG break, approaching.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
My main argument is that we got through the Rangers' ace pitcher, and, we seem to be conserving our bullpen arms. The real question is, how will we fare against the Assholes and Yankees. Especially with the magical performance barrier, that is the ASG break, approaching.
Yep, all the more reason to keep the streak alive, building confidence with each game. All facets of the game are pretty much clicking right now. With Kirbe sent down, starting pitching could be interesting over the next couple of weeks, but with Flex going on short rest Sunday and Ray giving the bullpen another off day (😄), it's pretty much covered for now. Hopefully they can pick up another arm before the deadline.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Oops! There goes the shutout. Damn Seager. :)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah can we just skip the all star break and keep the great times going? Game is kind of going as expected.

Latest posts