Seattle Kraken playoffs 2023

Redhawk454

Reaction score
If I was a kraken fan I’d be pissed about the Makar hit. I remember during the western conference finals evander Kane had that hit on hazen kadri and broke his hand so I get it

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Watch the play again. Late and dirty. If Oleksiak puts that same hit on Makar and, Makar is out the rest of the series, he’s getting a least 3 games, plus it would have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, and that would have been the proper actions by the league and the officials.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If he wasn't a star, who hasn't ever been suspended or fined, I bet he gets more. It's ridiculous. Shouldn't matter WHO you are.
Cheap shot a guy, get a bigger suspension.
Or, make him stay out until the guy he injured comes back.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
@SoulfishHawk how is the experience at Climate Pledge? I've wanted to go to games (flying in from Eastern WA) but I'm hesitant about actually getting to the arena. Does everyone pile into the old monorail to get back to Westlake, or how does that work?

Redhawk454

Reaction score
Watch the play again. Late and dirty. If Oleksiak puts that same hit on Makar and, Makar is out the rest of the series, he’s getting a least 3 games, plus it would have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, and that would have been the proper actions by the league and the officials.
I’m honestly surprised people are so mad at it. I mean get if I was kraken fan I’d be mad but hardly anything to lose 3 games over. I saw a late hit on helmetless rodriguez and no penalty for it. Stuff happens.

I was even surprised by the anger evander Kane got from avs fans in the WCF last year.

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Avalanche fan here. The Kraken are actually pretty damn good this year, despite being a wild card they're playing like a division winner. I'm not a huge fan of anything seattle since superbowl 48 and their fans. I'm sure some people from the Mane (rip) came over here to talk trash and ended up looking pretty stupid though. But this series has been good. I dont know why people thought Colorado would bulldoze Seattle since they match up well against us. Winning and defending a Championship is hard. every team the following year wants to get a piece of you. I wouldn't be surprised of Seattle ends up going to the Stanley cup. But in a 7 game series the better team always wins. With the way the avs are playing I don't see them wining this series. Kraken always score first.

Unlike other team sports, in Hockey a high-powered offense can destroy an elite defense. the Avs lit up vasile7skiy in game 2 last year. But now we dont have those offensive weapons anymore. And the team cant just rely on Mackinnon to win games all the time. Colorado is doing a good job at putting themselves in holes, even if they crawl out of it for a little bit.
Overall a great post, Thanks for Stopping by.

Unfortunately the post was a bit tarnished by viewing a few fans as though they represent the entire base.

We certainly can be a bunch of “Homers” but hardly a mean and evil bunch.

I’ve been to almost every stadium for games and there are absolutely a few truly hatful groups.
Even being a said “homer” I can honestly say that we would not crack the top 50% on a honest list.

Again, thanks for stopping by, hopefully you’ll stick around.
Should you feel the need for speed and care to double down, Swing by our “Smack Shack” it won’t be difficult to find a few willing to engage.

Cheers

Last edited:

Redhawk454

Reaction score
Overall a great post, Thanks for Stopping by.

Unfortunately the post was a bit tarnished by viewing a few fans as though they represent the entire base.

We certainly can be a bunch of “Homers” but hardly a mean and evil bunch.

I’ve been to almost every stadium for games and there are absolutely a few truly hatful groups.
Even being a said “homer” I can honestly say that we would not crack the to 50% on a honest list.

Again, thanks for stopping by, hopefully you’ll stick around.
Should you feel the need for speed and care to double down, Swing by our “Smack Shack” it won’t be difficult to find a few willing to engage.

Cheers

I’ve been lurking on here since 2014, Seahawks.net is one my more frequently visited sports forums since seahawks.net is pretty active and it seems like you can talk about a lot of other non sports related stuff on here

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on here since 2014, Seahawks.net is one my more frequently visited sports forums since seahawks.net is pretty active and it seems like you can talk about a lot of other non sports related stuff on here
We try.
Variety is the spice of life after all.

So again Welcome (belated)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
So, they get a major 5 min penalty and then confer and make it a 2 min minor. Goes to the review board and they deem it worthy of a game suspension.. maybe should have been more but.. the point is.. at the next game, that minor infraction should be turned back over to a major and we should have a 3 minute PP left to start the game.. JMHO

Redhawk454

Reaction score
stuff happens in hockey, especially post season hockey. **** happens. I'm sorry your guy got blindsided by a rough hit but it happens. wait until you guys get past the Avs and have to face the wild (possibly) with reaves lololoz

one guy in the wild punched one of the stars players in the back of the head today

then there is the bruins..

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
@SoulfishHawk how is the experience at Climate Pledge? I've wanted to go to games (flying in from Eastern WA) but I'm hesitant about actually getting to the arena. Does everyone pile into the old monorail to get back to Westlake, or how does that work?
It's incredible. That Arena is a palace basically. Food and drink prices are way high, but high quality. Arena is very clean, fresh air etc. Views are great, acoustics are amazing.
When you buy tickets they include free round trip on the monorail. Very convenient. We usually park at the Pacific Place garage and just walk a block or so over to westlake, pop on the monorail and hit the Armory for pre-funk food. After the game it loads pretty quick and they have 2 running, so you really don't have to wait too long.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't care what the sport is, if you knock a player out for x number of games, you should be suspended for x number of games.

Why? Because you've gained a significant advantage by breaking the rules and knocking out (in this case), a 40 goal scorer. That could be viewed as Makar trying to give the Avalanche a competitive edge.

It's obvious the hit was intentional, you can see Makar line him up then put his right shoulder in to him.

Not to mention the danger of such a hit. A concussion can be a life-ender. A single game suspension is kind of a joke. I don't care who the player or the team is.

Leagues show a lack of integrity when they don't come down hard on players for intentional hits that cause injuries, especially concussions.

Hell, even in College games they immediately eject the player.