Seattle Kraken playoffs 2023

Echawks

Reaction score
i am very very new to hockey.. are we a good team or just a lucky team?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Man that was a blast the other night. Trying to not scream was a challenge. But it didn't work. Every goal, I got louder.
Maybe the most disciplined, complete game of the season. They came out focused, aggressive and stuck to the plan. Very impressive.
I still think Avs in 6, but damn that was fun.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Being on the East Coast, I watched periods 2 and 3 on tape last night and was pretty dazzled by the Krak's puck passing, opportune body-checking, skating/orientation quickness and fluidity as if they were born on skates, and of course, Gru. This is who the Krak are when they're well-rested, well-prepared, and fired up.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gru looked like a very different goalie than he has since being here last night. Kind of like what they expected to get from him. If he can keep it up, that takes care of the most important flaw the Kraken have.
I’m one of Gru’s harshest critics. I generally don’t think he’s that good of goalie. He’ll make these incredible saves only to let a few lazy goals that should have been stopped thru. He really has been inconsistent in his Seattle tenure.

BUT Tuesday he was flat out amazing. Best game by far I’ve seen him play. That was the guy we thought we were getting. More of the Tuesday night Gru please. 👍

Ruminator

Reaction score
Kraken sure look like the better team to me. Hope we can hold on to this lead, and then win at home too!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flaws and old bad habits bit them in the ass tonight. 1st quarter was great…. Then the sloppy/lazy defense happened, losing faceoffs happened, and too much passing during power plays happened. Puck handling also sucked in last 2 periods.

A frustrating game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Flaws and old bad habits bit them in the ass tonight. 1st quarter was great…. Then the sloppy/lazy defense happened, losing faceoffs happened, and too much passing during power plays happened. Puck handling also sucked in last 2 periods.

A frustrating game.
I think Colorado fed off the first goal and quickly built momentum. The Kraken didn't know how to respond and the quick second goal was a dagger. Colorado was playing a couple of levels higher than they have been for the rest of the game after those two goals. It really looked like they had unlimited fresh skaters. Even when the Kraken managed to keep what should have been tired Avs on the ice they were still getting outskated.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I heard someone on the broadcast say that the 2nd day at that altitude really starts to get to guys that aren't used to it and that he thought it was a contributing factor for the drop off. I tend to agree as they just didn't seem able to match the Avs intensity and sustain the same pace, causing them to be late often getting back on defense. Not trying to make excuses, but it did seem to confirm what I thought I was seeing while watching on TV.