Seattle Kraken playoffs 2023

NoGain

Reaction score
It's a full on Root sports night for lazy little me on my couch with drink in hand.

NoGain

Reaction score
Damn. I'm starting to realize that the Avs are just the better team and that it's probably going to continue to play out that way. If so, so be it. Something to build on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn. I'm starting to realize that the Avs are just the better team and that it's probably going to continue to play out that way. If so, so be it. Something to build on.
They, the Knights all look like championship contenders playing against a startup team.. IT's very telling we lack a big time presence on the ice.

Chapow

Reaction score
Their power play is a hot mess. They can barely even get it in the offensive zone, much less get set up and keep it in. They had 1 shot, ONE, in their first 4 power plays combined tonight.

NoGain

Reaction score
Their power play is a hot mess. They can barely even get it in the offensive zone, much less get set up and keep it in. They had 1 shot, ONE, in their first 4 power plays combined tonight.
I haven't checked the stats on it, but it seems that every time I watched them this year they seemed weak on the power play.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The powerplay and the faceoffs are abysmal. When you have a power play you are supposed to shoot the F$&@ing puck, OFTEN! Some of the PP’s the Kraken are getting 1 or none shots off. Trying too hard to set up the perfect shot with too much passing.

Also too many turnovers and free rushes tonight.
Seattle’s passing and puck handling has been pretty piss poor as well.

It’s pretty clear that Colorado is the better team, that’s why you have to out hustle and out play them to win.

While I want Seattle to win the series, but I’ll be satisfied with another win though.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So damn stoked to be at the game tonight. LFG!
Nice. 👍

The Kraken need to outwork and out hustle Colorado like they did in game 1. Got to eliminate turnovers, and don’t be spectators on defense and in the transition game. Gru has played his ass off, give him help on that end.

Also stop with the excessive passing on the power plays. You can’t score if you don’t shoot. Shoot the damn puck and shoot often. Other teams will play aggressive because your power play sucks, because there is no threat of scoring if all you do is pass the puck around.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a hockey fan per se but a big fan of having NHL finally in a common sense market like my hometown Seattle. LOVE the brand, colors, logo, fanbase...I tuned in Saturday night for the historic aspect...LOVED the vibe, the noise, the new stadium is amazing...So happy for everyone involved.

A shame they couldn't beat them, hopefully a better result tonight to tie up the series.

Praying the Sonics will return to that place in the next few years!

Ruminator

Reaction score
I'd love nothing more than to see Kraken play the way they did in Game 1 and in the first period of Game 2.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The difference in talent is very evident. But they have played these guys tough. Tough draw to say the least.

Then again, get that W tonight, and it guarantees a game 6 here in Seattle. That would be MASSIVE.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Man Colorado is dirty AF. They've been getting away with stuff all series, but that hit on McCann was dirty and dangerous. I can't believe they took it down to a minor penalty. Pathetic.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Really like the analyst.. has some great terms, I don't know if all the analysts use them..
captured
jitterbug
with purpose
bunch more, which escapes me right now.