Seahawks Rivals Grades on Jamal Adams trade? A from Big D

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1hpp1ohz said:
You clearly don't know much (shocker) about DK if you think he's a one trick pony. But do you.

Wow. Really?

THAT'S what you took from the point I was making.

m'kay.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dvlk7nkk said:
You literally just said a deep threat or nothing. He's a very versatile player.
Go Hawks

I didn't suggest I didn't say that. I was surprised that you picked that as the the thing to comment on out of everything I said.

Heres the point I was trying to make...

DK Metcalf had 900 yards last year, 278 Run After Catch
Deebo Samuel had 802 yards, 481 Run After Catch
George Kittle had 1053 yards, 622 Run After Catch

The point I'm making isn't who is better. The point I'm making is that DK suits Seattle because he's a tall, fast, speedy WR and Wilson is the best deep ball thrower in the game. That isn't an insult. DK has 11 yards on to 2 carries.

Samuel suits SF because the entire O is predicated on getting guys opportunities for RAC. Samuel is an Ex RB as is Jalen Hurd. Pettis was a great PR as is Aiyuk, who is also known for his RAC ability. Samuel had 159 yards rushing on 14 carries.

This isn't "this guy is better than this guy". The point I'm making is the entire argument is arbitrary because they have drastically different roles for the teams they play for and the styles of their offenses and QBs.

TAB420

Reaction score
Can't imagine where he got that idea from "Another Example: I'm not really a fan of Metcalf because I think he's kinda deep threat or nothing type guy (just my opinion) ". DK also had more than twice the TD's as Deebo . Catching passes in the end-zone can cut down on YAC... :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":22z3u3he said:
Can't imagine where he got that idea from "Another Example: I'm not really a fan of Metcalf because I think he's kinda deep threat or nothing type guy (just my opinion) ". DK also had more than twice the TD's as Deebo . Catching passes in the end-zone can cut down on YAC... :)

Again...I didn't deny saying it. I'm not a fan of Metcalf. Clearly, you guys disagree. Its all good.

My point tho, AGAIN, was the WR corps rating are subjective.

If we are talking TDs tho, Metcalf had 7 and Deebo had 3....but Deebo also had 3 more on the ground. AGAIN, subjective as different players have different roles.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":qip0px4h said:
TAB420":qip0px4h said:

Again...I didn't deny saying it. I'm not a fan of Metcalf. Clearly, you guys disagree. Its all good.

If we are talking TDs tho, Metcalf had 7 and Deebo had 3....but Deebo also had 3 more on the ground. AGAIN, subjective as different players have different roles.

You have a frustrating habit of refusing to give credit to opposing players unless their greatness is blindingly obvious, however, you have carved out a reputation of a solid contributor here, so when you give a backhanded compliment like that, yeah, people are gonna notice. You may not like Metcalf, but you are selling him short.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":24b1n62w said:
TAB420":24b1n62w said:

Only 4...yes, 4 of DK's catches were 40+ yards. I wouldn't consider that deep threat or nothing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":258wq3vx said:
Marvin49":258wq3vx said:
TAB420":258wq3vx said:

You have a frustrating habit of refusing to give credit to opposing players unless their greatness is blindingly obvious, however, you have carved out a reputation of a solid contributor here, so when you give a backhanded compliment like that, yeah, people are gonna notice. You may not like Metcalf, but you are selling him short.

I think that's bogus. I didn't like Metcalf BEFORE the draft and much preferred his teammate AJ Brown. In fact, I preferred AJ Brown to Deebo Samuel whom the Niners selected ahead of both Metcalf and Brown.

I think Metcalf is a physical monster. Height, weight, speed....off the charts. He's a specimen. I think he's limited as a WR. I don't think he's great after the catch and I don't think he's a great route runner. Thats why I made the comment about deep threat. He does that VERY well with his size/spedd and seems to be great catching the ball when its contested. That's my opinion. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. That's my opinion of Metcalf and it was my opinion long before he became a Seahawk. I'm not the only one with that opinion either as a guy with his measurables shouldn't have lasted till the 2nd round. If he works out for Seattle, I'll have been wrong and I won't be afraid to admit it if it happens.

I CAN admit that he had a better rookie year than I expected. As I have said mutiple times, I think thats because he's a match for what the Seahawks do. Should be noted the number of times I've read "Crapalo", etc about 49er players who are clearly better than most would admit on this forum, but you guys are taking great umbrage with me simply saying I'm not a fan of a player.

I think its amusing that you guys are harping on that assessment when in the same sentence I said the Wilson was the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. I said I didn't like the Adams trade because of the price, but said he was a GREAT player. I've said in the past the Marshawn Lynch is one of my favorite players in the NFL and it just killed me that he was a Seahawk. I thought Doug Baldwin was a much better player than he ever got credit for...even by many Seahawk fans.

I think Chris Carson is a stud. Tyler Lockett is annoyingly great, especially paired with Wilson...another great match.

I simply am not a fan of Metcalf. Sorry. Can't help it. He has a long time to prove me wrong and good luck to him. I'm SURE there are 49ers out there that you can say the EXACT same thing about.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hyr5e3o said:
Maulbert":2hyr5e3o said:
Marvin49":2hyr5e3o said:
TAB420":2hyr5e3o said:

I think that's bogus. I didn't like Metcalf BEFORE the draft and much preferred his teammate AJ Brown. In fact, I preferred AJ Brown to Deebo Samuel whom the Niners selected ahead of both Metcalf and Brown.

I think Metcalf is a physical monster. Height, weight, speed....off the charts. He's a specimen. I think he's limited as a WR. I don't think he's great after the catch and I don't think he's a great route runner. Thats why I made the comment about deep threat. He does that VERY well with his size/spedd and seems to be great catching the ball when its contested. That's my opinion. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. That's my opinion of Metcalf and it was my opinion long before he became a Seahawk. I'm not the only one with that opinion either as a guy with his measurables shouldn't have lasted till the 2nd round. If he works out for Seattle, I'll have been wrong and I won't be afraid to admit it if it happens.

I CAN admit that he had a better rookie year than I expected. As I have said mutiple times, I think thats because he's a match for what the Seahawks do. Should be noted the number of times I've read "Crapalo", etc about 49er players who are clearly better than most would admit on this forum, but you guys are taking great umbrage with me simply saying I'm not a fan of a player.

I think its amusing that you guys are harping on that assessment when in the same sentence I said the Wilson was the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. I said I didn't like the Adams trade because of the price, but said he was a GREAT player. I've said in the past the Marshawn Lynch is one of my favorite players in the NFL and it just killed me that he was a Seahawk. I thought Doug Baldwin was a much better player than he ever got credit for...even by many Seahawk fans.

I think Chris Carson is a stud. Tyler Lockett is annoyingly great, especially paired with Wilson...another great match.

I simply am not a fan of Metcalf. Sorry. Can't help it. He has a long time to prove me wrong and good luck to him. I'm SURE there are 49ers out there that you can say the EXACT same thing about.

"Should be noted the number of times I've read "Crapalo", etc about 49er players who are clearly better than most would admit on this forum, but you guys are taking great umbrage with me simply saying I'm not a fan of a player." You think that it could have something to do with this being a SEAHAWK board and the players you are talking about are division rivals? Sometimes I think you forget where you're at. You (and others) get away with crap that would never be tolerated at the webzone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":1oi7tnol said:
Marvin49":1oi7tnol said:
Maulbert":1oi7tnol said:
Marvin49":1oi7tnol said:

"Should be noted the number of times I've read "Crapalo", etc about 49er players who are clearly better than most would admit on this forum, but you guys are taking great umbrage with me simply saying I'm not a fan of a player." You think that it could have something to do with this being a SEAHAWK board and the players you are talking about are division rivals? Sometimes I think you forget where you're at. You (and others) get away with crap that would never be tolerated at the webzone.

Well of COURSE that's why.

...but don't say I'M not giving players for other teams proper cred while doing so. Its hypocritical. What does the Webzone have to do with anything?

...the entire point here tho was only to say rankings were subjective and pointless...but that seems to have gotten lost in this. Some of you took umbrage to the way I characterized my opinion of Metcalf. That's fair.

No biggy.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bfnpj8b said:
TAB420":3bfnpj8b said:
Marvin49":3bfnpj8b said:
Maulbert":3bfnpj8b said:

...but don't say I'M not giving players for other teams proper cred while doing so. Its hypocritical. What does the Webzone have to do with anything?

...the entire point here tho was only to say rankings were subjective and pointless...but that seems to have gotten lost in this. Some of you took umbrage to the way I characterized my opinion of Metcalf. That's fair.

No biggy.

No...you were just proven wrong. You said he was a deep threat only receiver and it was stated that only 4 of his 60 passes were for 40+ yards. I concentrated on that section because it's proven by stats and not just a "my opinion" type of claim.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":2v5pgsgp said:
Marvin49":2v5pgsgp said:
TAB420":2v5pgsgp said:
Marvin49":2v5pgsgp said:

No biggy.

No...you were just proven wrong. You said he was a deep threat only receiver and it was stated that only 4 of his 60 passes were for 40+ yards. I concentrated on that section because it's proven by stats and not just a "my opinion" type of claim.

SMDH.

Nothing was "proven". LOL. Since when are only passes over 40 yards considered "deep"? I also expanded what I thought of him later. Marquise Goodwin was a deep threat WR and he caught more than deep balls. So did Ted Ginn.

I'm done tho. This was never intended to be an argument. You seem determined to fight about it. I ain't interested. All you want is your pound of flesh even though I expanded what I thought of him.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":kdbhvxzq said:
TAB420":kdbhvxzq said:
Marvin49":kdbhvxzq said:
TAB420":kdbhvxzq said:

No biggy.

SMDH.

Nothing was "proven". LOL. Since when are only passes over 40 yards considered "deep"? I also expanded what I thought of him later. Marquise Goodwin was a deep threat WR and he caught more than deep balls. So did Ted Ginn.

I'm done tho. This was never intended to be an argument. You seem determined to fight about it. I ain't interested. All you want is your pound of flesh even though I expanded what I thought of him.

"Nothing was "proven". LOL. Since when are only passes over 40 yards considered "deep"? I also expanded what I thought of him later. " Actually, wrong again. The stats also show 20+ yard passes (13). That means 43(ish) of the pases to DK was 19 yards or less. Not what I would call a deep threat only receiver. But, that's just my opinion...backed by stats.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":jjcj5234 said:
TAB420":jjcj5234 said:
Marvin49":jjcj5234 said:
TAB420":jjcj5234 said:

No biggy.

SMDH.

Marquise Goodwin? Jesus Christ, Marvin, he has 143 catches in 7 seasons! His career high is 2 fewer catches than Metcalf had a rookie! WTF kind of idiotic comparison is that?!?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If your take on DK is that he is just a deep threat, one-trick pony, then your take on the Seahawks receiver corp is immediately suspect.

You simply haven't watched enough of their NFL action to formulate an informed opinion of their strengths, weaknesses, and utilization, at this level.

"Deep threat DK" is a holdover from his college days, and his draft profile. He has not lived down to that reputation in his NFL action to date.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":9i2za0tq said:
If your take on DK is that he is just a deep threat, one-trick pony, then your take on the Seahawks receiver corp is immediately suspect.

You simply haven't watched enough of their NFL action to formulate an informed opinion of their strengths, weaknesses, and utilization, at this level.

"Deep threat DK" is a holdover from his college days, and his draft profile. He has not lived down to that reputation in his NFL action to date.

Well I did restate...not just a one trick pony. I just meant that I don't think he's a great route runner and I don't think he's a great RAC guy.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong tho. I'll pay attention this year and I'll give him his due if I see it. I do have to admit my opinion of him is painted by my pre-draft opinion of him. I did watch him play, but my pre-opinion may have colored that lens a bit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lgin7ws said:
bigskydoc":1lgin7ws said:

Well I did restate...not just a one trick pony. I just meant that I don't think he's a great route runner and I don't think he's a great RAC guy.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong tho. I'll pay attention this year and I'll give him his due if I see it. I do have to admit my opinion of him is painted by my pre-draft opinion of him. I did watch him play, but my pre-opinion may have colored that lens a bit.
I’m going to give you the tool to educate yourself on the subject, if you chose to use said tool is up to you. If you choose to watch this, use your eyes and ears to learn about DK’s route running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjp6ZEO3HAQ

FF ahead to about the halfway point when it reviews DK’s season with Seattle.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mcfaj7y said:
Marvin49":2mcfaj7y said:
bigskydoc":2mcfaj7y said:

I’m going to give you the tool to educate yourself on the subject, if you chose to use said tool is up to you. If you choose to watch this, use your eyes and ears to learn about DK’s route running.

Great video. It's just so stupid. If all someone sees is highlights of the guy streaking down the field, they just assume that's all they can do. I would never deny Metcalf as a deep threat, you just look at him an you understand why. But to suggest he can't do anything else just because he's so damn good at something is dumb.

Marv, that's like saying George Kittle isn't a good blocker because all I see are highlights of him making catches over the middle. I know that's stupid.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":1e9902qz said:
Sports Hernia":1e9902qz said:
Marvin49":1e9902qz said:
bigskydoc":1e9902qz said:

Great video. It's just so stupid. If all someone sees is highlights of the guy streaking down the field, they just assume that's all they can do. I would never deny Metcalf as a deep threat, you just look at him an you understand why. But to suggest he can't do anything else just because he's so damn good at something is dumb.

Marv, that's like saying George Kittle isn't a good blocker because all I see are highlights of him making catches over the middle. I know that's stupid.

Or Wilson can't throw from the Pocket.