Seahawks: REJECTED!

Smellyman

Reaction score
he might be suspended for a year still.

No thanks. Don't want dirtbags that bad.

TAB420

Reaction score
The only winner in this trade will be the Texans. They're rumored to be asking for 3 firsts, 2 seconds, a few later picks and multiple starters. And, let's not forget about Watson's 39 mil cap hit. Texans are setting themselves up for awhile.

hawks85

Reaction score
Rat":1fnti3df said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1503486115579195393?s=20&t=OxdwqjI8eUH-4Cf2RuLTiA

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

, Deshaun Watson has rejected the Seahawks.

5:39 PM · Mar 14, 2022·Twitter Web App

Thank God we're not going to be his 23rd victim! Best news of the day!

I'm glad, but there is no doubt in my mind Watson reached out to Wilson or vice versa. Wilson won't bad mouth anybody but if players go to him he's most likely saying look elsewhere.

TAB420

Reaction score
hawks85":2lblf7bx said:
Rat":2lblf7bx said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/status/1503486115579195393?s=20&t=OxdwqjI8eUH-4Cf2RuLTiA

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

I'm glad, but there is no doubt in my mind Watson reached out to Wilson or vice versa. Wilson won't bad mouth anybody but if players go to him he's most likely saying look elsewhere.
IDK.One of the teams that he agree to meet is the Panthers. They are a horrible franchise at the moment.

James in PA

Reaction score
I could easily see the Hawks using one of their two 2nd rounders on a QB. Someone like Corral or Ridder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
James in PA":3tkvtgbq said:
I could easily see the Hawks using one of their two 2nd rounders on a QB. Someone like Corral or Ridder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t familiar with Corral and read a few negative reviews but the more I watch clips of him, the more I like him.

If we can get him in the 2nd…I think it’ll be a great addition.

I’m really hoping we don’t nab Willis with our first pick.

Tokadub

Reaction score
If the rumors I heard are true Deshaun would rather play for the Saints who have $7,000,000 cap space in 2023 instead of playing for the Seahawks who have $133,000,000 cap space in 2023 according to:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

We also have over $50,000,000 more cap space THIS SEASON???

Imagine how bad Deshaun must think our coaches and management are if he would rather pick a team with between 50-133 million dollars less of cap space the next 2 years?!

I knew Tom Brady wouldn't want to play for Pete and Shane Waldron either. They are the complete opposite of what he needs to win and he's the most successful QB of all time in terms of his results... maybe Pete and Schneider are wrong... Deshaun definitely thinks so.

There is also the Panthers that Deshaun might prefer haha....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm going to say this is a great development without even considering his legal trouble.

Trading Russell away and sinking all of that return plus significantly more into a comparable (but younger and arguably more talented) signal caller doesn't improve the position of the franchise. The core of the future team needs to be rebuilt, and these premium assets are the way to do it.

A new approach was needed, not a new quarterback.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Elemas

Reaction score
If you or I were an established QB and let’s say top 10, would you want to play here? Personally, I wouldn’t. If you can run a guy like Russell out of your of town…

There’s two sides to that last statement but I believe that neither are right or wrong. Russ had a lot of success under Pete but he was understandably frustrated with how the offense was orchestrated. There’s also the fact that PC and JS put a helluva team together and managed to win a SB… damn near two if not for…(we won’t go here).

We have what we have now and that’s PC. I feel like they’re going to be a lot better off by following their old model and that certainly doesn’t include dumping a significant amount of the cap into a QB. Nor does it mean they should go full panic mode and snatch a QB, in this draft particularly, in the first round.

I’m digging the idea of Corral now in the second. I’d give him the edge over Willis as he’s more “battle-tested”. Maybe Willis has a higher ceiling? I don’t know enough about either of these guys other than to really just say that I don’t like 1st round QBs in this draft.

White flag loser mentality incoming….rolling with Lock and “seeing what happens” could open a world of opportunity QB wise next year. With the mindset that we’re not touching the Rams next year (maybe the Niners as well), what do we really have to lose by exercising some patience?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you are a professional, understand football, and are a QB that wants to both win & put up good numbers?

You steer clear of Carroll.

QBs under Carroll will now be guys that have no choice or have no chance (ie anywhere else).

Run first/Run heavy HCs that commit to stopping the run get nowhere in the playoffs now. And the goal is to go farthest in the playoffs.

Shocked Watson even did a deep dive on this, it isn't like he has a great track record of due diligence (see his recent legal troubles for examples) but he must have. So we are stuck.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
He's meeting with the Browns tomorrow (lol). If he signs there maybe we could make a run at Baker Mayfield, if he's not included in the deal with Houston.

acer1240

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":rp24v1dn said:
If you are a professional, understand football, and are a QB that wants to both win & put up good numbers?

You steer clear of Carroll.

QBs under Carroll will now be guys that have no choice or have no chance (ie anywhere else).

Run first/Run heavy HCs that commit to stopping the run get nowhere in the playoffs now. And the goal is to go farthest in the playoffs.

Shocked Watson even did a deep dive on this, it isn't like he has a great track record of due diligence (see his recent legal troubles for examples) but he must have. So we are stuck.

Bullshit. Pete's system will work with a QB that is willing to check down once in awhile.

You guy's are going to see the same crap in Denver. Hero ball.

Hell, I'd take Mayfield at this point.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Did you really think Watson would come to a team that RW just left? I wanted Watson as well, but after thinking about it this guy's not coming here. And why would he? This team has none of his needs. Not one. Plus Pete is still the coach. So it looks like Lock and a rebuild people.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Rat":mdxq2lge said:

Johnny Venerable

@JohnnyVenerable

Per

@McClain_on_NFL

1) Probably saw that Pete was going to throw him into the same situation as RW and RW left, so why would he put himself in that situation.

2) Thank God. If Watson was our team's QB, I would have struggled rooting for him in any way shape or form moving forward. And for those who are saying he was not charged, I dunno ask your wife (if you have one) or any female friends how they feel about Watson knowing 20+ women accused him of sexual assault and he was not charged because he essentially paid them off vs being found not guilty.

acctingman

Reaction score
Sounds like Atlanta is in the Watson sweepstakes.

Wouldn't mind grabbing Matt Ryan if they get Watson. I don't think it would cost much and he's a good stop gap for drafting a QB next year. Good guy for a youngin to be under his wing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Interesting you mention Matty Ice. On NFL Network, they were talking about how Atlanta is stuck with his cap hit, even if he's traded. I would be plenty fine with Ryan until they get their QB of the future. People have been very frustrated about the short passing game (yes, me too) and that guy can do just that. He's kind of a statue, so they would def. have to rely on the quick passing game. If they didn't have to give up much to get him? Shoot, why not?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1fukvuhd said:
Sit tight kiddies. Wait for next year's draft when we are picking top 10 and BAM. Get your man.

This^^^and although I know it's not very danged likely, but if we could land a guy like Will Levi in the 2023 Draft that would be outstanding.
And unless there's someone that Pete or John have their eye on that is an absolute must have this year, I think they go with Drew Lock...I mean hell, IF it's a given that nobody is a real standout QB prospect in THIS years Draft, all one has to do is go check out Drew Lock's College tapes (not all that bad), and then marry them up to the fact that he's already competing at the NFL level, folks would realize that it would be way wiser to stand pat with him, and then use our #9 pick on a more sure-fire Defensive player.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
ivotuk":17teytok said:
Bob Condotta: "There's a report that Seattle was out on Deshaun Watson from the beginning."

That doesn't make sense. Did Watson reject us pre-emptively? If so, ouch!