SEAHAWKS.NET Podcast

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I'll throw my two cents in:

1 - No need to belittle Canada. They are one of the few countries that call our style of football, Football.* And actually play by the same rules (mostly). Sorry Australia, your version is a rugby hybrid.

2 - Since this is basically a new version of Ye Olde Radio Sports-talk, it may prove difficult to generate/maintain interest without any inside access to current players/staff, or participation by former players, etc. Something beyond superfans yakking and yukking it up. (Which is what we do here). No harm in trying tho. You have a built in audience. Niche is key for podcasts!

*Tangent: Football is called football because originally is was most if not all running the ball. Soccer is called football everywhere else, though it could be called Kickball, since you kick the ball. But kickball is taken. American football could be called Handball, but that is also already taken. What's left? Run and Throw Ball? Throw Ball? Notroundball? Battleball? (For what is football but a modern version of marching armies attacking each other on the battlefield?)

AubHawk71

Reaction score
One more cent: You will also have to figure out the Pete Factor beforehand, since he takes up a lot of oxygen here. Having a time limited segment each week for 'spirited' argument is a good running theme, but unless he does something besides...the same thing he does all of the time will just devolve into an endless argument. Good luck!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That would be fun!
Just kind of expand on hot topics in the forums and other stuff with guest posters in each episode. I can dig it.

I would love to get involved. My voice sounds like a mix between Kermit the frog and Gilbert Godfrey, so...yeah

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3q34opfx said:
That would be fun!
Just kind of expand on hot topics in the forums and other stuff with guest posters in each episode. I can dig it.

I would love to get involved. My voice sounds like a mix between Kermit the frog and Gilbert Godfrey, so...yeah

Perfect

uncle fester

Reaction score
Wenhawk":up4isv4a said:
Was hoping to have a session called Coffee and Beer because of our time zone differences.

Love this idea.

Podcast as a whole is a great idea too. Day job means I burn through podcasts faster than people can make them so this would be very welcome here.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
How am I going to ignore John63 piping in whenever Russ is mentioned on a podcast?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Right then, this is going to be a video podcast, does anyone out there have the ability to knock up a 37 second intro of the seahawks.net logo, some Seahawk action shots and some pics of the city maybe, whilst featuring *insert host and guests* info?

I have the theme tune nailed down.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3562u7d7 said:
Right then, this is going to be a video podcast, does anyone out there have the ability to knock up a 37 second intro of the seahawks.net logo, some Seahawk action shots and some pics of the city maybe, whilst featuring *insert host and guests* info?

Bitter Sweet Symphony.................

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":23ygluij said:
UK_Seahawk":23ygluij said:

Bitter Sweet Symphony.................

That did cross my mind but didn't want to get embroiled in copyright issues. Spent ages sifting through royalty free music.

pugs1

Reaction score
Great idea! I’ve worked in sports radio for 24 years and have co-hosted a podcast before. Let me know if I can help.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
pugs1":3k0vgwin said:
Great idea! I’ve worked in sports radio for 24 years and have co-hosted a podcast before. Let me know if I can help.

That would be great. I think UK and US should all chat about our first episode and plan some stuff out.

PNW

Reaction score
I would love to help out and get involved.

LTH

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2wuxoe8j said:

so where is it Matt

LTH

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
LTH":7rsnctgj said:
UK_Seahawk":7rsnctgj said:

so where is it Matt

LTH

It's actually Americans that have caused this delay, I've started working for a Yank healthcare company and its taken over my life currently.

I've reached out to loads of guests but had no real success, closest I got was Nate Boyer very very politely telling me to sod off.

Does anyone know an ex Seahawk cheerleader per chance?

LTH

Reaction score
Sorry dude I don't hang with cheer leaders...

LTH