Seahawks Can Win a Shootout

A

Anonymous

No doubt our offense is capable of lighting up the scoreboard. Defense can too. If the donkeys want to play that game, we're up for it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
One thing I like about our offensive chances, is for the better part of the year, our O-line while playing the best Ds in football, were like the square peg trying to fit into the round hole. Tomorrow they face a round hole and now with a ton of experience against the VERY best, they've seen it all.

I think we will find out very early in the game what the day will look like. I see ML probably having his best day of the year (per attempt). Harvin will influence that and I see no reason we can't dictate the tempo of the game.

More times than not, as we all know, if you can run effectively while stopping the run (and winning the TO battle) you likely win the contest. I don't see Denver running on us and if this does become a shoot out, they will have to have success against our vaunted secondary and that will require the big play, putthing their suspect D right back on the field for another dose of Lynch and Co. Denver is a damn good team and more than likely the game will be decided in the 4th qtr, but I think we will own that 4th qtr.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have heard it all from the experts.

Yeah-yeah... Denver has an awesome offense and all that. That's fine. They obviously favor that over the defense.

But when I hear about how the Denver defense is being overlooked or underestimated because they beat the Pats and Chargers I can only laugh. BEFORE the injuries they were a gaping gash of a hole. That didn't improve because backups for Harris and Von Miller came into the game. They are every bit the weak spot on the Broncos roster.

Denver won't be able to stop the Hawks for any substantial amount of time. Maybe a drive or two, but after what the Hawks have faced and STILL been able to score, the Super Bowl is going to be like removing a heavy trailer from a truck.

dutchman063

Reaction score
i suppose they could but its kind of unlikely... but it wont come down to that anyway

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1rneopqq said:
I have heard it all from the experts.

Yeah-yeah... Denver has an awesome offense and all that. That's fine. They obviously favor that over the defense.

But when I hear about how the Denver defense is being overlooked or underestimated because they beat the Pats and Chargers I can only laugh. BEFORE the injuries they were a gaping gash of a hole. That didn't improve because backups for Harris and Von Miller came into the game. They are every bit the weak spot on the Broncos roster.

Denver won't be able to stop the Hawks for any substantial amount of time. Maybe a drive or two, but after what the Hawks have faced and STILL been able to score, the Super Bowl is going to be like removing a heavy trailer from a truck.

LOL I laugh at this too. Alot of Denver posters keep saying how they shut down better offenses and im like...

How is NE offense better than ours. Their running game is TERRIBLE. They had one good game against Indy on the ground and everyone was raving about how great their offense was. There best WR is julian edelman? Seriously, julian edelman? Thats the big threat on the offense. The only thing NE has on offense is Brady and a decent Oline and a bunch of scrub WRs. On defense once Talib went down I knew it was over. Im shocked the Pats went as far as they did with the talent they had this year. They probably overachieved the most of any team this year with the talent they had.

Then against the Chargers Matthews was injured and was basically not even a factor in the game. What does that do? Basically makes the Chargers O one dimensional and they had to go to the passing game. They have Gates and Allen but who else other than that?

Jebediah-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I doubt it will come to that. The D will lock it down for Payton. Lynch will have a Carrier day :D

Defense wins Championships.

Latest posts