Russell Wilson's record when attempting 21 or less passes

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pick6":2hjdbwuo said:
Not saying Wilson is a game manager like Alex Smith, but those numbers look like what a game manager would do.

Harbaugh tried to turn Kaep into something more than a game manager to start the season, and they got blown out twice. They lost their identity and started giving up a bunch of points. They started this win-streak when Harbaugh started using Kaep as little more than "Alex Smith w/ better legs."

Pete never made that mistake. Of course, he'll turn Russell loose in 2-minute situations and when we're down big, and he's been lights out in those situations. Otherwise, he plays to win the game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Usually, the more pass attempt's you have means you are playing from behind. Not good. Keep doing what got us here, and add a wrinkle or two. We WIN.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've never cared about the amount of attempts.

My gripe is with 3rd down efficiency, and that stinks for a while now. It also has a lot to do with passing.

chet380

Reaction score
The AZ template -- shut down the run, heavy pass rush and force passes.

Vs. NO -- 9-18 -- 103, 13 first downs

Pass protection and an efficient passing game will be crucial -- if the NO stats are repeated, we're done.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've never cared about the amount of attempts.

My gripe is with 3rd down efficiency, and that stinks for a while now. It also has a lot to do with passing.

irocdave

Reaction score
From what we have seen in the last couple of months I don't see the Hawks passing offense "flipping a switch" and pulling the Hawks ahead of the 2nd best team in the NFL. That is what is concerning fans. The passing game, even though limited has been poor for a couple of months. What is concerning is that Wilson has been inaccurate on passes. It's one thing to question play calling, receivers speed, O line performance but when the QB is missing short throws that a NFL QB HAS to reliably hit it really makes you question what is going on and lose confidence in this portion of the offense. I say this knowing receivers have dropped balls. I watched the games. Wilson has been off the mark just from a mechanical standpoint of delivering the ball to the spot consistently.

Not being a Debbie downer, the Hawks can take the niners best shot and still win the game with another 150 yard passing performance as long as they don't get behind. It's hard to grind out a win on the ground when your behind. Get a punt blocked ( yea, that would probably how this would happen) and the Hawks are down by 7. Niners grind out yardage on the ground, CK gets a couple of runs, niners kick a couple of field goals and wallah, down by 2 TD's. The niners are going to stack the box and stuff the running game. The Hawks run D will have it's hands full and they are not the strength of the D. Having a competent passing game that has shown up lately would make me feel a lot better about Sundays game.

Tokadub

Reaction score
K first of all that Herm Edwards video is AWESOME :)

But you guys better know the 49ers front line is going to be like a brick wall defensively this Sunday. Our offensive linemen are going to need the best game of the season in addition to some very well designed and disguised run plays.

I don't think we can consistently score with run, run, pass, punt this weekend which seems to be Bevell's master plan for every important game.

What I'm trying to say is that I would be absolutely shocked if we can win this game with 21 or less pass attempts. I think there is an insanely low probability of that being possible against the 49ers this weekend.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure about more recent stats, but I remember a few years back, I saw that teams with 100 yd rushers won something like 90% of the time, while teams with 300 yd passers were much closer to .500. This is Pete's mindset in a nutshell.

Secondly, the weather looks like it'll be much more cooperative for the passing game this weekend. I expect us to throw a few more times this Sunday.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
We will be fine. Russell will play a great game. Beast will play a great game. Our D will play out of their minds. San Francisco is going to lose. 12th Man will dominate Kap.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":wbnb2wv9 said:
From what we have seen in the last couple of months I don't see the Hawks passing offense "flipping a switch" and pulling the Hawks ahead of the 2nd best team in the NFL. That is what is concerning fans. The passing game, even though limited has been poor for a couple of months. What is concerning is that Wilson has been inaccurate on passes. It's one thing to question play calling, receivers speed, O line performance but when the QB is missing short throws that a NFL QB HAS to reliably hit it really makes you question what is going on and lose confidence in this portion of the offense. I say this knowing receivers have dropped balls. I watched the games. Wilson has been off the mark just from a mechanical standpoint of delivering the ball to the spot consistently.

Not being a Debbie downer, the Hawks can take the niners best shot and still win the game with another 150 yard passing performance as long as they don't get behind. It's hard to grind out a win on the ground when your behind. Get a punt blocked ( yea, that would probably how this would happen) and the Hawks are down by 7. Niners grind out yardage on the ground, CK gets a couple of runs, niners kick a couple of field goals and wallah, down by 2 TD's. The niners are going to stack the box and stuff the running game. The Hawks run D will have it's hands full and they are not the strength of the D. Having a competent passing game that has shown up lately would make me feel a lot better about Sundays game.

Hmm interesting lets look at that, in the last 6 games Rw comp% has been

50%, 65%, 41%, 67%, 60%, 73% Hmm so basically he has had 2 games were he was not accurate, and 4 games accurate, hmm not as bad as some make it out.

lobohawk

Reaction score
chet380":ula6o9to said:
The AZ template -- shut down the run, heavy pass rush and force passes.

Vs. NO -- 9-18 -- 103, 13 first downs

Pass protection and an efficient passing game will be crucial -- if the NO stats are repeated, we're done.

Arizona is an interesting case, as they have enough strength up front to apply pressure with four and a good secondary to limit the WRs. While SF has a similar front (and better LBs), their secondary isn't as good.

lobohawk

Reaction score
NFL.COM panel discussing Wilson's lower pass attempts and if his play is a concern. To paraphrase, they don't see it as a problem. Wilson doesn't make mistakes (INTs), is decisive, and can make plays when needed or they are behind. Also, the Hawks generally play from ahead and when they do, they like to pound the ball on offense.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playo...om-Should-Seahawks-worry-about-Wilson-s-stats

Latest posts