Russell Wilson wearing playbook wristband.

Mick063

Reaction score
I think it is something as simple as some weeks he needs it and some weeks he doesn't.

Why?

They probably planned to use plays they typically have not used much before.

Think about it. Russ runs for his life against Arizona the first go round. After that game, he is unloading the ball quicker, using play action boots slightly less often, and using five step drops much less often.

It explains why the offensive line suddenly looks good. They don't have to hold up as long. Many here, including me, have been clamoring for Russ to start throwing the ball on time and do a little less scrambling. This is exactly what he has been doing. He hasn't stopped scrambling completely as it is a big part of his game, he just doesn't do it so often that it is routine and predictable.

I compare it to a guard in basketball that wants to drive the lane every time down. Eventually the other team is just waiting for it. You have to mix it up a bit and surprise them with that nifty crossover.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Anthony!":1qgcljez said:
-The Glove-":1qgcljez said:
Zebulon Dak":1qgcljez said:
RolandDeschain":1qgcljez said:
niveky said:
What i'm pleased about is the corresponding effect, or at least what seems to be one, between him having that playbook wristband since week 12 and the steady improvement/success the offense has continued to have since that time. They have played a lot of really good defenses and they were struggles but the offense, even against those defenses, at the very least was putting up points when the game was on the line or when they needed to put it away for good. Last night feels like a culmination of that process that I hope will keep the offense rolling throughout the playoffs.
Yeah, I'm sure some people will find a way to give Bevell credit for it. :roll:

Bevell can't change a play at the line based on what the defense shows. Bevell can't call a hot route if the defense shows blitz. Those are the things we need Russell to be able to do and he looked pretty damn good doing it.
Exactly...so why's it taken so long? From all sources RW is a quick learner...so who is hurting his development?

IT was well documented that last year and most of this Wilson was given 2-4 plays and he could run what he wanted, audible but only to those plays. It appears the idea here it to allow Wilson to audible to any play or call any play he wants if he does not like what Bevel called. So the answer is probably Bevell was the issue and his lack of wanting to give up control.
Is it that well-documented? Because as much I am clamoring for Seahawks news throughout the week I've never seen or heard of this

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Anthony! well-documents his own documents when he sees fit?

Just havin fun. Obviously Bevell is the weak link here, as per usual.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Coming soon to the Seahawks Proshop the Russell Wilson playbook wristband.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They probably installed new plays. People forget we had to scrap a ton of the preseason playbook after Harvin's departure. And wouldn't really surprise me if Pete wanted to wait till the divisional stretch to put it on tape. Same thing with New Orleans last year: new plays for the postseason + new Percy plays.

...or we can sit here and pretend Wilson is the new OC. Does that mean we'll see "fire Wilson" threads every time he splits his RB wide and goes empty?