Russell Wilson signing with Steelers

flv2

Reaction score
This signing doesn't officially take the Steelers out of the 1st round rookie QB market but having Pickett, Wilson, and a 1st round rookie wouldn't unify the locker room.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
This signing doesn't officially take the Steelers out of the 1st round rookie QB market but having Pickett, Wilson, and a 1st round rookie wouldn't unify the locker room.
Yeah, unless Steelers have a plan to move Pickett (and Pats just got basically nothing for Mac Jones), I feel like reaching for a first round QB would be a weird draft move for them now with where they are drafting. It doesn't feel like it makes sense to bring Russ on if you thought you had a shot at one of the guys you wanted in the first.

I expect they'll probably still want one of the later round guys but I think we have a good idea of what their QB room is going to look like next year.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Why? Why? Why? Why did Seattle have to play the Stealers with Rudolph as their starter and get ass clowned.

Would have been so much easier if Russ was their starter instead of Rudolph frickin Mason. Seattle would have won and had 5+ sacks on the day.

Sigh.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Me3 signing for one year tells me that he was desperate to sign somewhere.

Because I believe that he and his agent were looking for a 3-year contract, minimum... and were even hoping for a guaranteed salary in year two. Not happening. Russ.

Me3 signing for one year is an utter failure and reeks of despair.

Pathetic... but deserved.

LastRideOut

Reaction score

Because I believe that he and his agent were looking for a 3-year contract, minimum... and were even hoping for a guaranteed salary in year two. Not happening. Russ.

Utter failure or not, it was the best outcome for Wilson.

He was at real danger of not finding a suiter.

I mean, most NFL teams run an NFL style offense. Stealers understand that they will be playing Russ ball if Russ starts.

No two ways about it.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Aaahhhhhh the sweet sweet smell of defeat
Russ is still a seahawks fan at heart and planning on destroying every foe of then and not so long ago on his way to a retirement home wherever the heck that is
Can't wait for the locker room fun and team chemistry to go to scrap
I have to say that renagade in the 3rd Q timeout is kinda cool but now HE acts like he owns it and will ruin the feel of it for years to come if he has it his way so I say GO RUSS you unlikable out of touch energy vampire , give em hell bro
GO HAWKS

IndyHawk

Reaction score

If he sucks they can cut him for that little contract and he will be changing that Team3 color
again.
I like how he announced the move himself on X .. I hate the Squeelers btw and now I will be
going into year 3 of watching the clown present his version of playing a QB.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
it is an evil destiny!

Now our two Superb0wl losses have a common quarterback connection. I remember the disappointment of our loss against the "Stealers" when replay clearly showed that Rothlesberger did not score a touchdown. But even more bitter, is the "loss that will not be mentioned"...but, Marshawn should have been called...

@DangerPuss has now crossed over to be the next "Evil One"...that shall not be mentioned ever again..."Stealers". :)

Last edited:

schkoot

Reaction score
it is an evil destiny!

Now our two Superb0wl losses have a common quarterback connection. I remember the disappointment of our loss against the "Stealers" when replay clearly showed that Rothlesberger did not score a touchdown. But even more bitter, is the "loss that will not be mentioned"...but, Marshawn should have been called...

@DangerPuss has now crossed over to be the next "Evil One"...that shall not be mentioned ever again..."Stealers". :)
How do the Patriots factor in here?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good lord could this story get any better (or worse depending on your perspective)?

Broncos (A hated rival for those of us born before 1990) and now the stealers (if I have to even explain it you suck as a Seahawks fan).

WOW. Couldn’t script this in my wildest dreams. Enjoy those terrible towels. I can’t wait to see your wife in some yellow ensemble.

🤮

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good lord could this story get any better (or worse depending on your perspective)?

Broncos (A hated rival for those of us born before 1990) and now the stealers (if I have to even explain it you suck as a Seahawks fan).

WOW. Couldn’t script this in my wildest dreams. Enjoy those terrible towels. I can’t wait to see your wife in some yellow ensemble.

🤮
I now have confirmation that God exists and listens to my prayers and that I'm, in fact going to heaven when I die.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No brainer move for the Steelers. The problem with Russ the last few years here and in Denver was about paying elite QB money for middling QB play. Paying veteran minimum money for a starting QB is amazing value. They are going to run the ball and Wilson won't need to be a volume passer. The Steelers also end up with all the leverage in the new arrangement so it can be their way or the highway.

The Steelers should still draft a QB this year to sit and develop. Kenny Pickett has had plenty of chances and isn't the guy, and this cheap Russ contract is a one year thing only.

I'm not rooting for or against Russ here particularly since I dislike both Broncos and Steelers fans. It seems equally funny to me for Russ to flop on the Steelers, or for him to ball out and leave Denver fans even more upset.