Russell Wilson booed at Nuggets home game

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I probably should have put this in the existing offseason Russ meme thread. Feel free to merge if you agree, mods.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I don't hate Russ and am sorry he's become known as a self absorbed can of cream corn.
I expect he'll play better in a system where the head coach is the boss.
Sadly, I don't think he sees how cheesy he's become. At least he'll have less distractions this season, since his "brand" is tarnished and endorsements are likely dried up. I'd bet he'll turn it around next season. But it's likely 50/50 that he's on a course to be the next Cam Newton.

Rainger

Reaction score
I don't hate Russ and am sorry he's become known as a self absorbed can of cream corn.
I expect he'll play better in a system where the head coach is the boss.
Sadly, I don't think he sees how cheesy he's become. At least he'll have less distractions this season, since his "brand" is tarnished and endorsements are likely dried up. I'd bet he'll turn it around next season. But it's likely 50/50 that he's on a course to be the next Cam Newton.
Actually I don't think he will turn it around. Sean P is not a god, he had Brees who was way better than RW's game over the middle, seeing reads, checking down and not trying hero ball.

Just like Belicheat, what has he done since TB left, SP is going to find out the things aren't great because he has ME3 instead of Bree's. In fact I'll bet Russ continues to play the exact same ball he has always played.

He is not all of a sudden going to become a different QB like so many think. They might win a few more games but it isnt going to because RW is all of a sudden a TB or DB

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
IIRC, the Saints had three 7-9 seasons in a row with Payton at the helm and Brees under center. Jesus Christ, he's not a miracle worker!

I put the Donkeys over/under this season at 9.5... and predict they will NOT make the playoffs.

And if I were betting, I'd take the UNDER.

toffee

Reaction score
Actually I don't think he will turn it around. Sean P is not a god, he had Brees who was way better than RW's game over the middle, seeing reads, checking down and not trying hero ball.

Just like Belicheat, what has he done since TB left, SP is going to find out the things aren't great because he has ME3 instead of Bree's. In fact I'll bet Russ continues to play the exact same ball he has always played.

He is not all of a sudden going to become a different QB like so many think. They might win a few more games but it isnt going to because RW is all of a sudden a TB or DB
Didn't SeanP said he will call plays that Wilson was most capable of? Sounded like he will let Wilson play sandlot?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I think the whole thing's going to meltdown even more - it's awesome!

Sean P. Bountygate. I keep harping on this stuff everytime his name comes up - but Jesus. Sean P is not the answer to ANY problem that you have - well except for running sleezy crap like Bountygate. If you like that - he's your guy.

To the point: Me3 is just getting dissed literally everywhere - it's awesome. Keep it up haters! He deserves every molecule of it!

Me3 + Sean P = WWE cage match territory. They just haven't closed the gate yet. Gonna be great. Gonna be a close range knife fight! Just watch!

ivotuk

Reaction score
What adumb ass ******* fan base. Wtf? That would be like Mariners fans booing Jamal Adams if they showed him on the jumbos at Safeco 🙄
******* clown shit. I hope they lose everything just for being dumb.
Wow, sensitive about RW huh?

In no way are Russell Wilson and Jamal Adams similar. Jamal plays with his hair on fire and is elite at his position. Players that give it their all do get injured, it's not because they're making poor life decisions.

Russell has put this pot on the stove, lit it, and climbed in, all voluntarily.

He thumbed his nose at Seattle, went to Denver and said he wanted to be in a city that wants to win, then spent his time Ruling the Broncos facilities like a king. They lost game 1 because he and Nathaniel decided to try a long field goal instead of putting it in Russell's hands.

And don't forget the players and draft picks they gave up to get Wilson, then paid him 50 mil per year (2.8 times what Jamal got paid), thus restricting their ability to pay other players.

At least Jamal produced when he was on the field...

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

In no way are Russell Wilson and Jamal Adams similar. Jamal plays with his hair on fire and is elite at his position. Players that give it their all do get injured, it's not because they're making poor life decisions.

He thumbed his nose at Seattle, went to Denver and said he wanted to be in a city that wants to win, then spent his time Ruling the Broncos facilities like a king. They lost game 1 because he and Nathaniel decided to try a long field goal instead of putting it in Russell's hands.

And don't forget the players and draft picks they gave up to get Wilson, then paid him 50 mil per year (2.8 times what Jamal got paid), thus restricting their ability to pay other players.

Don't forget he wanted to go somewhere where he didn't have to carry the team. Mission accomplished! Because he's obviously not doing that.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The only thing that has me hesitating from being negatives on Peyton turning the Broncos around is how he navigated a 9-8 year post Brees and also they held their own the year Brees missed a few games in 2019 with Teddy B as QB. And Russ is better than those two QBs

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

Everything you said has been (and will continue to be) said by multiple people ad nauseum on here as well as everywhere else online. I'm as sure of that as I am that I will wake up and take shit tomorrow morning. None of it excuses the fact that it's objectively dumb to Boo the guy your team is paying $50mm per year to to play a sport, as if he's the first player ever to receive an enormous salary.

The man is chillin at a basketball game minding his business and those simple mfers BOOOO as they panned the camera to him. Like, seriously, think about that. Maybe I missed it, but, I don't recall Pissburg fans booing Ben after raping women. Pats fans didn't boo Tom and Bill for all their bullshit. Or any other current players getting boo'd by their current fans. Knwo why? Because it's OBJECTIVELY DUMB. And THAT is the parallel I was drawing between Russ & Prez.

I bet their dumb asses still woke up and spent their hard earned money at Walmart. And they will still pay exorbitant ticket prices to go to a Donkeys game. If they want to boo someone I would think it would be the Waltons and Donkey management. As personally traumatized as some Hawks fans apparently were by Geno's run in with Seattle PD, I bet you none of them are dumb enough to boo him if they see him at an M's or Kraken game, at least I hope not.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score