Rice who?

jblaze

Reaction score
You guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

Some of the same guys who are saying layoff Rice were the ones bashing him a few weeks ago.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I also do not understand why everyone craps on Rice so much. His play has been great, just not what we would expect for how much he makes.

But it's not our money, so why do we care?

He is going to be missed during this playoff run just because he would be another threat out on the field and add to our depth.

I don't see anything good about him being out, other than some of the other guys get some time on the field. But would I rather have Rice or Lockette out there?

Can't believe some of you are happy he's out.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fdqcxnm said:
volsunghawk":1fdqcxnm said:
Sidney.

Sidney Rice. And while it's great to see the passing game not miss a beat while he's on IR, I really hate how some of .NET craps all over Rice. He's made some damn crucial catches for this team, and he's been professional his entire time here. Yeah, he was overpaid, but so what?

Agree. Why disparage this guy? Why?

I agree as well. Guys like Turbin, Giacommini (minus the penalties), Browner, etc. are ripped on at times by the fan base here. It's like folks have their favorite players that walk on water, the others are marginalized and hated on.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Hawks46 I also agree, the truth should be that no Hawks are hated here. I truly wonder if these guys saying this stuff are really fans or are they opposing team fans trolling.

jblaze

Reaction score
Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you can't criticize your players. Just because he's on IR and most likely moving on after this season doesn't make him untouchable to criticism.

That said, I like Rice and he gave it his all every single play and that's all we can really ask.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Count me in as someone who appreciates what Rice brings to this team. I like how he jumped on Kearse about not being honest when Rice asked Kearse to critique his route. I think he brought a lot to this team on and off the field. Also, money to me is irrelevant. I don't pay him and with Russell Wilson having such a low salary, well, it really doesn't matter.

Now, do I think he'll be back next year at the same salary or at all? No, I doubt it.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I loved having Rice. Overpaid for his statistical production (of course), but who cares. Helped turn the Hawks into what they are today through some big plays and such so I'll never bash the guy.

Houshmanzadeh...I'll bash the hell out of that guy though!!!!

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I agree with the OP that, yes, it has seem like our passing game has progressed since Rice was put on IR.

And I also agree that OP wasn't bashing on Rice. This was an observation presented folks. Chill.....

Laloosh

Reaction score
volsunghawk":37ihkd6f said:
Sidney.

Sidney Rice. And while it's great to see the passing game not miss a beat while he's on IR, I really hate how some of .NET craps all over Rice. He's made some damn crucial catches for this team, and he's been professional his entire time here. Yeah, he was overpaid, but so what?

Beat me to it. Guy has had some BIG 3rd and long receptions on the sideline.

BASF

Reaction score
In regards to our offense taking off since Rice has been out, it helps that since Rice has been out we have faced three of the four worst defenses we have played this season. If we can do as well against the Saints and Niners, who are both top ten defenses than maybe we can start making comparisons. Atlanta and Minnesota are 29th and 32nd in points allowed and are 25th and 30th in yards allowed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I did not take the first message as bashing on Rice but celebrating the fact that others have stepped up and the team does well even without the no.1 receiver.

The offense would be stronger with Rice but not as much as feared.

RiverDog

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2u2p0brn said:
Sidney.

I agree. His being overpaid wasn't his fault.

justafan

Reaction score
Some players and coaches are fair game for catching hell on forums while others are given a free pass and defended even if their production isnt their.Bevel and Bradley catch hell while Cable and Quinn pretty much get a pass.Its funny how a player like Branch can get a ton of crap on forums when he actually had better years than Rice did.
Rice has been a good part of this team not really all that important part but he has made some plays and been alright.Overpaid for sure.
I dont think the OP was out of line with what he said.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Starrman44":1u5brwso said:
Count me in as someone who appreciates what Rice brings to this team. I like how he jumped on Kearse about not being honest when Rice asked Kearse to critique his route. I think he brought a lot to this team on and off the field. Also, money to me is irrelevant. I don't pay him and with Russell Wilson having such a low salary, well, it really doesn't matter.

Now, do I think he'll be back next year at the same salary or at all? No, I doubt it.

when was this?

Starrman44

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":qnyuq0jp said:
Starrman44":qnyuq0jp said:

when was this?

It was either during OTA's or Training Camp. I'll try and find a link later. We're moving right now and continuing through the week-end. Gotta love packing and moving, right?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I'm done with rice. I'm sure he is a nice guy but in the real world when you make a lot of money and underperform you get fired. He should be fired. I expected way more out of him when we signed him then what we actually got.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1h3ym6ql said:
Sidney.

Agreed. It's his bad luck he gets a season ending injury while playing when obviously injured 2-3 weeks before Harvin arrives with a quarterback with the same qualities as Brady (throws to whoever is open).

Sac

Reaction score
Always liked Rice. He brought physicality and play making ability when he did get his chances. Not his fault he didn't get many chances.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":30cmmvec said:
Starrman44":30cmmvec said:

when was this?

Here is the link. I don't know if I know how to post it correctly from my smartphone.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/05/seattle-seahawks-leadership/

Brett

Reaction score
jblaze":2bxudp4b said:
Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you can't criticize your players. Just because he's on IR and most likely moving on after this season doesn't make him untouchable to criticism.

That said, I like Rice and he gave it his all every single play and that's all we can really ask.

^^^this x2