Report: Josh Gordon expected to be signed by Seattle.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Please get rid of Dorsett, he is worthless as a wide receiver. Only an athlete, nothing more.

94Smith

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6fti9m3s said:
Like we care what a 49ers fan thinks about the Hawks and/or their WR core. Yawn. Great signing, and you're precious 39ers would love to have that guy on their roster.

Your receiving core is good, just not the best in the league

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":wldt6sfd said:
You guys saying you have the best receiving core in the league is comical!

How about Tampa Bay, Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, LA Chargers, LA Rams??

You don't even have a top 15 receiver!

Funny how Tyler Lockett was the 12th best receiver and DK Metcalf was the 15th on the NFL Top 100 list for 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rs-2020-lamar-jackson-ranked-no-1/5541085002/

Funny how you've been talking shit about our receiving corps for months when YOUR receiving corps doesn't have a SINGLE player in the top 100, let alone two.

Troll.

Rat

Reaction score
94Smith":wwbe0oau said:

Laugh all you want; it'll be undeniable after we sign Antonio Brown.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawks don't need ̶C̶J̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶s̶i̶s̶e̶ Paul Richardson. Cut him

KillerB

Reaction score
94Smith":34hqf1wh said:

How about Tampa Bay, Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, LA Chargers, LA Rams??

...says the guy who will be rooting through Seattle's cast-offs just to fill out his WR roster. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well John keeps his ear to the ground pretty well, someone may have been looking at Gordon and or he heard that the league was moving on his case. Recently sign Richardson and Gordon now indicates we are stacking positions we have had injuries' at historically also.

Between now and Saturday I expect a DT or two signed as well.

JGreen79

Reaction score
94Smith":34vb3bkd said:

I dont agree with Seattle's WR being the best in the league. However your point about not having a top 25 reciever is as you would say "comical"

NFL top 100 says otherwise...

These two articles also disagree with you about not having a top 15 WR...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rank ... unce-back/

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings

And that was just found in about 3 minutes, likely many more out there.

The group definitely has the potential to be the best though.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I love the signing.

That being said he is another player to block while we run-run-pass to another 3 and out.

Oh, and don’t worry about a roster spot. We might be able to find a non injured DT or DE to cut. Who the hell needs those on their team anyway?

/grumpy morning rant off

xray

Reaction score
He hasn't been reinstated has he ?

ZLDRider

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3aa041i4 said:
It's going to be interesting when we sign Brown as well.

I don't want Brown. Guy has too much baggage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":159zdqgk said:
Sports Hernia":159zdqgk said:
Great news if he can stay clean.

Doesn't need to anymore. The NFL is now weed friendly and they even have a covid / cannabis mask they can wear in meetings now!!

Weed is allowed, but Gordon has had a bunch of other substance issues. Alcohol, codeine and other painkillers........of which I assume if and when he's reinstated that will be a part of the reinstatement agreement, that he's going to be tested for these things as well.

I'm really rooting for Gordon, he seems like a good kid that hopefully has turned the corner on getting his abuse issues under control. Hopefully.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
94Smith":3ivg2fa6 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ivg2fa6 said:
Like we care what a 49ers fan thinks about the Hawks and/or their WR core. Yawn. Great signing, and you're precious 39ers would love to have that guy on their roster.

Your receiving core is good, just not the best in the league

I think its probably the deepest WR corps in the league. Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon make a solid top 3 and then you fill out the 4th and 5th spots with guys like Richardson, Dorsett, Moore. Add in Greg Olsen, Will Dissly at TE. It's solid all round and really good at the top.

Other teams may have a really good top two but then struggle in the depth department.

94Smith

Reaction score
JGreen79":11dc720y said:
94Smith":11dc720y said:

I dont agree with Seattle's WR being the best in the league. However your point about not having a top 25 reciever is as you would say "comical"

NFL top 100 says otherwise...

These two articles also disagree with you about not having a top 15 WR...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rank ... unce-back/

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings

And that was just found in about 3 minutes, likely many more out there.

The group definitely has the potential to be the best though.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-the-nfls-top-25-wide-receivers-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/the-top-25-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl/

94Smith

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ec47tpn said:
94Smith":1ec47tpn said:

Funny how Tyler Lockett was the 12th best receiver and DK Metcalf was the 15th on the NFL Top 100 list for 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rs-2020-lamar-jackson-ranked-no-1/5541085002/

Funny how you've been talking $h!t about our receiving corps for months when YOUR receiving corps doesn't have a SINGLE player in the top 100, let alone two.

Troll.

So the NFL top 100 had Jimmy Garoppolo listed as the # 8 QB and # 43 overall. If you agree with this then I will agree Tyler Lockett is the 12 th best WR and admit I was wrong :lol:

94Smith

Reaction score
I don’t know I just think that when defensive coordinators face the Seahawks they think “we have to find a way to cover Tyler Lockett” . He just seems like an after thought

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
chris98251":1kc03a8s said:
Well John keeps his ear to the ground pretty well, someone may have been looking at Gordon and or he heard that the league was moving on his case. Recently sign Richardson and Gordon now indicates we are stacking positions we have had injuries' at historically also.

Between now and Saturday I expect a DT or two signed as well.

I saw a report saying the Niners had Gordon in for a visit about a week ago, and another team as well...Giants?
I'm elated he is on our protected list of 53. I get the feeling he's got his life set up to make it this time.

Latest posts