Report: Josh Gordon expected to be signed by Seattle.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
You've done nothing for which to apologize. Some folks just think they were born both judge and jury.

OP
OP
X

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
sutz":204d6bya said:
XxXdragonXxX":204d6bya said:
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1301537614768504833?s=20

I can't figure out the embedding thing...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1301537614768504833[/tweet]
There's a "tweet" button. ;)

I don't see that this is "new." Still waiting on the league for reinstatement. :229031_shrug:

Yeah I can never remember what part of the URL to put in. Some boards it's just the numbers....I tried putting in the whole thing but apparently I needed to take the ?s=20 off the end...

94Smith

Reaction score
You guys saying you have the best receiving core in the league is comical!

How about Tampa Bay, Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, LA Chargers, LA Rams??

You don't even have a top 15 receiver!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
94Smith":2kxm8thy said:
You guys saying you have the best receiving core in the league is comical!

How about Tampa Bay, Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, New Orleans, LA Chargers, LA Rams??

You don't even have a top 15 receiver!

Best WR group we have ever had. I think we can be top 10 if DK progresses, Top 5 if DK is Julio or Megatron 2.0

GLio14

Reaction score
You put Ursua on waivers and he's getting picked up immediately. He has an it factor.

My feeling is that I don't see Richardson making it to the roster. Put Swain and Thompson on PS. Can definitely see Moore get cut, but I think Pete and Russ like him.

Prediction for the WR core would be:
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Gordon
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Ursua

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I dont think this was needed. Yeah he still has flashes here and there. None of them won us games. He has the potential to, but now it's at the expense of seeing what ursua, swain and even Moore have with plenty reps. I would think this would cost Moore his job. Longest tenure with hawks who hasnt become a 1 or 2 wr.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":nld0pf03 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":nld0pf03 said:
Who gets cut? Moore? Dorsett to save on $$$?
I'm guessing Ford, or Reed. We are going all in on offense.

BigSkyDoc, my first thought on that was "are you kidding"? Because you have such great analysis of so many situations. So I hope you're kidding, if we're talking about cutting Poona Ford or Jarran Reed. We are going to need some D in this division for sure.

David Moore looks to be the odd man out; he's NOT a guy who is massively outplaying his contract. He's made some good plays, and IIRC, he is very good on Special Teams, but maybe not good enough.

Tough roster choices all around. Ursua is cheap and looks to have upside, especially if we throw it a lot. Maybe we sneak a couple projects through to the practice squad. Will be interesting to see what Pete and John do.

The great part? Too much talent to keep it all is a HAPPY PROBLEM to have.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I figured the SARC tag wasn't needed. Then I figured yes it is. Then I figured, but it would be fun to see heads explode.

LOLOLOL

D

DomeHawk

Hoping this is a commitment to utilize the talents of a HOF QB. Not necessarily by a passing dominated offense but one that isn't so predictable.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The signings of Richardson and Gordon certainly won't hurt in that regard.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ykvfdrf2 said:
Hoping this is a commitment to utilize the talents of a HOF QB. Not necessarily by a passing dominated offense but one that isn't so predictable.

I asked someone earlier in the thread and I'll ask you. What exactly would you change? What do you mean by being predictable?

I for one would be terrified if Russ threw it 40-50 times a game. When we "release" russ in the fourth quarters of close games a LOT of the magic comes from him scrambling, we don't have the line to pass block when its predictable.

Maulbert

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":njer6z3y said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1301537614768504833[/tweet]

I can't figure out the embedding thing...

FIFY. For future reference, I learned how to embed tweets and YouTube videos by hitting the quote button on someone who embedded them properly to see how they did it.

D

DomeHawk

gowazzu02":1spp369m said:
DomeHawk":1spp369m said:

I asked someone earlier in the thread and I'll ask you. What exactly would you change? What do you mean by being predictable?

I for one would be terrified if Russ threw it 40-50 times a game. When we "release" russ in the fourth quarters of close games a LOT of the magic comes from him scrambling, we don't have the line to pass block when its predictable.

I just wrote "not necessarily a pass dominated offense" and you come back with "I for one would be terrified if Russ threw it 40-50 times a game." Where did I write or even suggest that?

What I mean by less predictable is run-run-pass. That has cost us.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Josh Gordon is a terrific receiver. I just hope that he can remain "clean" for an entire year. Tough for a seven time loser.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1rp3co1n said:
Great news if he can stay clean.

Doesn't need to anymore. The NFL is now weed friendly and they even have a covid / cannabis mask they can wear in meetings now!! :irishdrinkers: :snack:

E4w457yubhh41

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like we care what a 49ers fan thinks about the Hawks and/or their WR core. Yawn. Great signing, and you're precious 39ers would love to have that guy on their roster.

Latest posts