Report: Josh Gordon expected to be signed by Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1l57hvoe said:
Would they turn around and cut Richardson so soon after signing him?

This offence could be amazing to watch provided:
1. Russ is allowed to cook
2. If allowed, the protection gives Russ time to cook
I hate that phrase, but agree.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":to8ofj88 said:
Ursua better make this roster. Like many others, I just have a feeling about that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Practice squad and depth.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting when we sign Brown as well.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
The Practice Squad 6 (Non Developmental) is going to be an interesting addition this year. Stash borderline 53 guys in places of high turnover.

Are there salary limitations for those guys? Can other teams poach them?

John63

Reaction score
Great, now the question will PC let all these weapons be used in an up tempo pass offense or is this all show and tell

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
LOVE it. He's a hell of a player and makes this team better. Throw it his way and he will come down with it. He is physically gifted to say the least. Pulling for this guy, and a lot more than just football. You have a great support system with that locker room and coaching staff. Welcome back, Josh!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the team is shopping WR- David Moore ahead of the cutdown? They'd have Richardson and Gordon for less than David Moore would cost against the cap and a higher potential upside from two experienced and capable WRs.

Suspect Moore's time on the roster is limited.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, anything they get for him is bonus. He's a decent player but not close to what Richardson or Gordon bring to the table. Yes, when healthy...….

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This spells the end for Moore ($2.1 Mil), possibly Dorsett ($1 Mil) but I think Moore is not a good value.

1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Gordon
4. Richardson
5. Dorsett
6. Ursusa

PS
Swain

gowazzu02

Reaction score
John63":210o9pvs said:
Great, now the question will PC let all these weapons be used in an up tempo pass offense or is this all show and tell

Honest question, do you really want Russ to drop by and throw it 45 plus times a game behind our offensive line? You wanna see Geno?

Most of the magical 4th quarters require Russ to duck dodge and dive away from rushers, and scramble.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Erebus":i4ea9wl4 said:
Am I correct in assuming we can't sign him until he is reinstated? If so, what has changed to allow us to sign him? I thought he applied for reinstatement a while ago and the NFL is dragging its feet.
ESPN is indicating he already signed based on how the appeals process has been progressing (though no final decision has been announced).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/298 ... ources-say

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Suddenly the WR corps are starting to look as if they could be formidable.

Lockett
Metcalf
Richardson
Gordon
and two others or developmental players.

You pick between:
Dorsett, Moore, Ursua, Swain, Fuller, Thompson, Hart, Dawkins, Lenoir, Stanley.

Seems to me the team could even just keep 5 and /or even keep one/both of Dorsett and Moore as potential trade pieces if they can't work a trade before the season starts.

Even better, capwise they look solid too, with the potential to lower the cap counting against the WR group and grow and to have different packages. The players kept on the pS will have a real chance to grow.

Like this addition, it opens lots of possibilities!

hawks85

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2uv20a2q said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29801508/seahawks-re-sign-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-sources-say

Why is this in the NFL Nation forum and not the Seahawks one?
I thought all news goes here. I have posted news stuff in the past and it always got moved here.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last season the team got Gordon half way through the year and he only was active for a few games, he was in the midst of this last drug investigation and recovering from a leg injury that cost him time with NE before they released him apparently knowing of the potential failed drug test. I'm very curious to see him play most of a season, healthy, and motivated.

The team has a very high potential receiving group now.

Gordon's agent is saying he has been reinstated but so far there is no 'official announcement. I think the announcement is just a formality.

Latest posts