Refs Ruined the Game

cymatica

Reaction score
Been watching since the 70s, seen the changes he probably hasn't. Now don't you have a crying room waiting for you.
Damn you are full of yourself with all your experience staring at a screen

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Been watching since the 70s, seen the changes he probably hasn't. Now don't you have a crying room waiting for you.
My first in person live game was 1978. But this was back when the better teams won. The Saints are probably the worst team in the league they exactly 2 good players and no one else. Refs gave em the win or there would be suicides in new orleens

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Damn you are full of yourself with all your experience staring at a screen
No just realistic. Do you whine when bad calls go your way? Probably not. The only way the NFL will change is if their income stream dries up, unless we all stop watching that wont happen. So really all we can do is live with it or not watch. We just have to hope to score enough to keep the refs from being able to steer the game. Yesterday that didn't happen.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
My first in person live game was 1978. But this was back when the better teams won. The Saints are probably the worst team in the league they exactly 2 good players and no one else. Refs gave em the win or there would be suicides in new orleens
Hawks shot themselves in the foot yesterday too. That punt b.s. was the score difference. Watch the Hawks O-line, hold a lot more than they get called for. I don't hear any complaints about that.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Hawks shot themselves in the foot yesterday too. That punt b.s. was the score difference. Watch the Hawks O-line, hold a lot more than they get called for. I don't hear any complaints about that.
Agreed. Don’t get me started on Dickson. If he was some scrub punted I would’ve let him have it but he’s the best punter in football. His attempt to run was Ill advised. It might’ve worked if the penalty didn’t move them back more

cymatica

Reaction score
No just realistic. Do you whine when bad calls go your way? Probably not. The only way the NFL will change is if their income stream dries up, unless we all stop watching that wont happen. So really all we can do is live with it or not watch. We just have to hope to score enough to keep the refs from being able to steer the game. Yesterday that didn't happen.
I hate it when they make bad calls either way. It ruins the experience. If it was simple mistakes or they were making tight calls on both sides, then it wouldn't be an issue. It's about consistency because then at least the players know how the game will be called. What ruins it is when they make tight calls on big plays or do it for one team in a particular game while conveniently ignoring obvious penalties on the other side.

Let's talk about the PI on the Rams that was never called and screwed the Saints a few years back. If you think that was not an intentional no call then you are just willfully ignorant. The ref was standing right there and it wasn't even close.

The tired argument of score enough so the refs don't matter kind of goes out the door when your scores are taken off the board from ticky tack calls. And if the Hawks are holding a bunch on small plays, then get called for a ticky tack one on a TD play, then there is zero consistency and the refs have way too much influence on outcomes, no matter which way you slice it. I'm done with you

chawx

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone said it, but I see a lot of "the refs didn't let them run the ball all over us" stuff—actually they did. There were about 15-17 holding penalties that I saw that were as egregious as the one they called on us to steal a TD. You can't even play the game when the refs let the other team bend the rules like that to open up the holes that spring the runners. You guys all saying "we need to play harder, tackle better, etc." no, you can't do that when you'll literally being tackled on the other side of the ball. There was no way Seattle was winning that game with how it was officiated against them. Nothing they could have done better, if they tried to release from the hold, a) they have to be MUCH stronger than the other person holding them (HENCE WHY THERE IS A RULE AGAINST IT!) and b) if they did chuck the guy off them, that could be called as a defensive holding as well. The one play Seattle did that hurt them was the Dickson fake punt—that's it. the other 4-5 TDs that either didn't have a holding call that should have been or the holding call against Seattle on the wide open TD all benefited NO, as per the refs were instructed to do by the rigged NFL

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I hate it when they make bad calls either way. It ruins the experience. If it was simple mistakes or they were making tight calls on both sides, then it wouldn't be an issue. It's about consistency because then at least the players know how the game will be called. What ruins it is when they make tight calls on big plays or do it for one team in a particular game while conveniently ignoring obvious penalties on the other side.

Let's talk about the PI on the Rams that was never called and screwed the Saints a few years back. If you think that was not an intentional no call then you are just willfully ignorant. The ref was standing right there and it wasn't even close.

The tired argument of score enough so the refs don't matter kind of goes out the door when your scores are taken off the board from ticky tack calls. I'm done with you
Maybe you should stop watching because its probably not going to change. We can all site terrible calls. Yesterday Atlanta had roughing the passer call because of a perfectly executed sack. Years ago Brooks hit on Breez moved NFCC from road to home game. It happens, like I said you have a couple of choices, stop watching or deal with it. Does it suck? Yes but so would a world without football.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe you should stop watching because its probably not going to change. We can all site terrible calls. Yesterday Atlanta had roughing the passer call because of a perfectly executed sack. Years ago Brooks hit on Breez moved NFCC from road to home game. It happens, like I said you have a couple of choices, stop watching or deal with it. Does it suck? Yes but so would a world without football.
Maybe you should stop going on message boards and telling other people not to complain about reality if it bothers you so much, because it's probably not going to change. It happens, you have a couple of choices, stop going on message boards or deal with it.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
This should've been a safety, refs called the hold but said it wasn't in the endzone. This shit happens all the time.
Maybe you should stop going on message boards and telling other people not to complain about reality if it bothers you so much, because it's probably not going to change. It happens, you have a couple of choices, stop going on message boards or deal with it.
Or you could just stop whining.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Okay just keep thinking refs are the problem.
well if you did and you have done ANY research you know it wasn't a fake punt so why post that apologizing for bad officiating??

All I can figure is that Dickson had a brain meltdown. Nothing makes sense about that punt fiasco. If the Hawks want to experiment with alternate punting styles, they picked a very poor situation to test it out. I'm sure there are other threads discussing it so enough said here.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Every fan of NFL football , who's team lost today , will be bitching about the refs . Things never change for fans for decades . *)
And are they always wrong???

cymatica

Reaction score
Ooooh burn, I feels so torched.
Likewise. It is funny though hearing a self proclaimed couch gm act like he knows more than players and other fans based on his extensive TV viewing. Thanks for the laugh

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Likewise. It is funny though hearing a self proclaimed couch gm act like he knows more than players and other fans based on his extensive TV viewing. Thanks for the laugh
It doesn't take an expert to see that the refs are the least of the Hawks problems.

What would you say is the issue when you have to score 48 points to beat your opponent by 3 points?

Were the refs the problem when the offense didn't score a single point against the 49ers?

cymatica

Reaction score
It doesn't take an expert to see that the refs are the least of the Hawks problems.

What would you say is the issue when you have to score 48 points to beat your opponent by 3 points?

Were the refs the problem when the offense didn't score a single point against the 49ers?
Pointless arguing with you when you feel the need to misrepresent what I said and act like I blame the refs for every problem and every loss. When you have to create strawman arguments it only says a lot about you.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Pointless arguing with you when you feel the need to misrepresent what I said and act like I blame the refs for every problem and every loss. When you have to create strawman arguments it only says a lot about you.
Block me then

Rainger

Reaction score

No they weren't, but they definitely were in the Saints game. No it doesn't excuse a bad D but a bad D doesn't excuse terrible corrupt refs either.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
No they weren't, but they definitely were in the Saints game. No it doesn't excuse a bad D but a bad D doesn't excuse terrible corrupt refs either.
I wouldn't be on the whole ref thing if it weren't for the fact that when bad calls or lack of benefit the Hawks all we hear is silence.