Refs Ruined the Game

Rainger

Reaction score
Did the refs call for fake punt? Did refs create all the false starts?
Go get your facts straight it was not a fake punt it was a broken play that Dickson tried to salvage, how many false starts were there??? 1?? 2??

Did you actually watch the game or just read some articles??

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The refs were a huge deciding factor in today’s outcome. No simpler way of putting it

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Go get your facts straight it was not a fake punt it was a broken play that Dickson tried to salvage, how many false starts were there??? 1?? 2??

Did you actually watch the game or just read some articles??
Yes, actually I did. Why is it refs only get it right when the calls are for the Hawks or Hawks get a win. Hawks are right about where I thought they'd be.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Doesn't excuse officials ignoring blatant holds on one team while calling ticky tack phantom holds on the other
Watch any NFL game there so many offensive holding calls that go uncalled. If you think the refs are the Hawks problem then you really don't know football.

Rainger

Reaction score
Yes, actually I did. Why is it refs only get it right when the calls are for the Hawks or Hawks get a win. Hawks are right about where I thought they'd be.
well if you did and you have done ANY research you know it wasn't a fake punt so why post that apologizing for bad officiating??

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Saints TD where the ball popped out was a legit TD by all the applicable rules and interpretations. No screw job on that one.
It also looked like the receiver got injured on the play and let go of the ball because of the pain of whatever was injured, but that was AFTER completing the catch.

I have no opinion on the (phantom?) holding call on Cross, haven't looked at it, and same for the DK called-fumble. Super baffling how Dickson thought it was a good idea to run instead of punt from inside the Hawks 20 and after being set back 5 more yards by a penalty. It's one thing to make a 4th-and-2, but 4th-and-7 (or whatever it actually was) is a whole different deal and much harder to make.

Rainger

Reaction score
The Saints TD where the ball popped out was a legit TD by all the applicable rules and interpretations. No screw job on that one.
It also looked like the receiver got injured on the play and let go of the ball because of the pain of whatever was injured, but that was AFTER completing the catch.

I have no opinion on the (phantom?) holding call on Cross, haven't looked at it, and same for the DK called-fumble. Super baffling how Dickson thought it was a good idea to run instead of punt from inside the Hawks 20 and after being set back 5 more yards by a penalty. It's one thing to make a 4th-and-2, but 4th-and-7 (or whatever it actually was) is a whole different deal and much harder to make.
He thought it was going to be blocked because of a missed assignment and tried to move to a better position but then couldn't get it away. These things happen.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thanks Rainger, I'll go with that if that's what the official word from the team was. It aligns with how he seemingly tried to get off an Australian Rules kick.

Rainger

Reaction score
Thanks Rainger, I'll go with that if that's what the official word from the team was. It aligns with how he seemingly tried to get off an Australian Rules kick.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
well if you did and you have done ANY research you know it wasn't a fake punt so why post that apologizing for bad officiating??

Okay just keep thinking refs are the problem.

cymatica

Reaction score
Okay just keep thinking refs are the problem.
They aren't THE problem, but they are a big problem especially in close games.

Even Lockett called them out. You must know more than him, huh?

Ozzy

Reaction score
The officiating was bad but so is giving up 235 yards rushing and that many points to an offense with its backup QB and missing its two best receivers most of the game. We had multiple chances to win and didn't.

James in PA

Reaction score
Poor officiating and injuries ruin this game. We saw both yesterday. The refs were indeed a problem and probably influenced the outcome of the game. But all a W would have done is give us false hope and mask the fact that this defense completely and utterly sucks. The team can't and won't go anywhere with the D playing like this.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
They aren't THE problem, but they are a big problem especially in close games.

Even Lockett called them out. You must know more than him, huh?
Started watching football before he was born, so ya maybe.

If you want to keep whinging about refs be my guests, just don't get all butthurt because some of us refuse to join your pitty party.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

If you want to keep whinging about refs be my guests, just don't get all butthurt because some of us refuse to join your pitty party.
The officiating was blatantly bad. Nobody wants to see refs interject with phantom calls in close games. It ruins the integrity sports

cymatica

Reaction score

Cool, you know more than the player who plays the games from all your couch experience. 🙄

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
The officiating was blatantly bad. Nobody wants to see refs interject with phantom calls in close games. It ruins the integrity sports
Well you should just stop watching then because if you don't score enough the refs can steer it if they want, been happening for years.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Cool, you know more than the player who plays the games from all your couch experience. 🙄
Been watching since the 70s, seen the changes he probably hasn't. Now don't you have a crying room waiting for you.