Reed suspended 6 games....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
McGruff":1qdz8235 said:
Elliot was suspended for 6 games IIRC
Not for shoving down a security guard in Vegas at an outdoor music festival in this offseason.
The security guard by the way, is suing EE.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Seymour":q6qvgqrh said:
Ouch!!
This really sucks...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1153350381033988099[/tweet]

From 2017.

That's BS.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I don't know how to link the article but after reading what was posted recently on "profootballtalk" I believe he deserves every bit of the 6 games. He grabbed her by the throat, drug her across the floor by her wrist and then broke down the bathroom door where she had run to hide. I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt but that's enough for me. I'm still pissed Tyreek Hill didn't get suspended but I feel fine now seeing Reed suspended.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He allegedly did these things. Supposedly.

Until she takes a lie detector test, there is no way to validate.

There have been a number of athletes, where supposedly 'clearly an assault had been made' that later turns into BS.

It won't be the first or last.

But even a well-documented accusation regularly turns into a specious, if not completely fabricated fantasy.

Look at what happened to that kid in SF.

Personally, what matters to me is what he does on the field. So we lose him for 6 games, but if he can be valuable to us afterwards - I am all for embracing him on his return. Until I understand the context and even validity of the accusations, what matters is how he affects the team in his ability to play defense for us. Nothing more or less.

McGruff

Reaction score
peppersjap":2091y4fh said:
I don't know how to link the article but after reading what was posted recently on "profootballtalk" I believe he deserves every bit of the 6 games. He grabbed her by the throat, drug her across the floor by her wrist and then broke down the bathroom door where she had run to hide. I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt but that's enough for me. I'm still pissed Tyreek Hill didn't get suspended but I feel fine now seeing Reed suspended.

It's just weird, because if he did all those things at a crowded house party, why wasnt he charged or arrested?

Chapow

Reaction score
peppersjap":79lm0arq said:

Here's the link, https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... rran-reed/

That is the first I had seen or heard of any details as to what exactly had happened. IF that is true, it's a complete failure of the system and absolutely inexcusable that he wasn't arrested and charged.

knownone

Reaction score
Chapow":vhe4i2pv said:
peppersjap":vhe4i2pv said:

Here's the link, https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... rran-reed/

That is the first I had seen or heard of any details as to what exactly had happened. IF that is true, it's a complete failure of the system and absolutely inexcusable that he wasn't arrested and charged.
Geez... I'd like to see the redacted rationale for the city not pressing chargers. It better be a damn good reason.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well that sucks . Nothing more to say really we don't know what happened. 6 games though that seems like a lot for a first offense and no charges filed. At least Seattle has time to load up at that position and hopefully it won't be a big problem on game day.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Stupid question but I assume this is 6 regular season games and we can't count the 4 pre season games?

Jville

Reaction score
Coaches Clint Hurtt and Jethro Franklin have a lot on their plate this year.

I would think we'll discern a healthy dose of insight into their coaching skills. Preparing for a pending 6 game suspension should create a useful sense of urgency for the position group.

xray

Reaction score
Interesting how many give him the benefit of doubt ; mostly because he's a Seahawk IMO. The NFL were privy to info that we don't see. Things like a victim payoff or retracted accusations or maybe the prosecutor is a lifelong Seahawk fan with season tickets....who knows ? Regardless; the NFL had good reasons to hand down the suspension . This suspension also directly punishes the team. When a team signs a player they basically own that player and the baggage that comes with that player. This suspension may very well cost the Hawks a game or two ; which could be the difference in winning the division . IMO

McGruff

Reaction score
I think he probably did it.

But so many weird circumstances.

Why was he not charged?

Why did the league take so long?

Why such a discrepancy between Hill and Reed?

xray

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3klbvnwr said:
Stupid question but I assume this is 6 regular season games and we can't count the 4 pre season games?
He can practice and play in preseason ; but not in the first 6 regular season games .

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Added to that Ansah will likely only become available a game or 2 after the season begins, uncertainty with the new players on the inside, and very little in terms of proven ability from the edges.

I can see the team adding an experienced player or two before the season starts. The need for big ‘Tuba’ has become more pronounced.

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":1faq4jxf said:
I think he probably did it.

But so many weird circumstances.

Why was he not charged?

Why did the league take so long?

Why such a discrepancy between Hill and Reed?

Makes no difference about why ? It's a done deal ;and the Hawks have another hole to fill .

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The Chief's are smack dab in their 'window' and the NFL, being an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS, are simply not gonna risk taking away another one of Mr. MVP's deadly weapons after the year and excitement Mahomes displayed. It sucks & smells worse than Tacoma in 98° heat, but thems are the breaks.

As for Reed, with the details & developments that have surfaced, all i can say is "SHITTTTT!". He better spend the 6 weeks working like a man possessed and come back for the remaining 10+ games and put on a show for the ages. And moving forward, leave these gold digging 'women' in the rear view mirror. SHIIITTTTTTTTT!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3nv0qmyv said:
How hard is it to not beat women?

Not hard when your amygdala is damaged.

Football players (especially those in physical positions), and boxers are more likely to be violent/domestic abusers. Hasn't anyone noticed that, compared to say basketball or baseball players?

There's a reason for that. It's psychological, it has more to do with brain damage over time than anyone is willing to admit. Society just isn't ready to have that conversation because it's seen as an "excuse" for abuse. But it's actually just factual