Recipe for 2022, top 5 in rushing yardage and bottom 5 in pass attempts?

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Taking couple of pages from the 9ers:

2019, Superbowl:
29th pass attempts (487), 13th in passing yards (3792), average 8.4 yds
2nd in rushing attempts (498), 2nd in rushing yards (2305), average 4.6yds.

2021, NFC Champion:
29th pass attempts (514) , 12th in passing yards (4221), average 8.6yds.
6th in rushing attempts (499), 7th in rushing yards (2166 yards) average 4.3yds

If our OL can block like the last 5 games of 2021, with Penny and KW3, we could be top 10 in rushing attempts and yards. Pete and Waldron would be happy, very run oriented offense. With all those rushing attempts, it opens the door to play action passes, and hey we didn't have to pass so much, certainly there won't be a QB demanding for more passes. Both Geno and Lock has stronger arms than JimmyG, and we have three super fast WRs, slowest being Lockett at 4.40.

Suddenly I am excited about our offense, and the season.
I agree, the talent is there, the scheme is there, what needs to happen is execution.

The Qb doesn't have to be spectacular he just needs to be able to make all the throws and execute the Offense within the system and then all off a sudden you have a Pro bowl QB with in Waldren's system.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I agree, the talent is there, the scheme is there, what needs to happen is execution.

The Qb doesn't have to be spectacular he just needs to be able to make all the throws and execute the Offense within the system and then all off a sudden you have a Pro bowl QB with in Waldren's system.

Do I think JimmyG is better than Geno and Lock? YES I DO. however, we are comparing Jimmy's ceiling to Geno and Lock's floor.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I remember that Niners offense running roughshod over teams, including in the playoffs to reach the SB. Damn good D as well. Pete Carroll would be on board with that formula for the Hawks, but not with the noodle-armed QB part of it. I don't see much of that coming together for the Hawks until next year, with Cross and Lucas maturing and improving.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I remember that Niners offense running roughshod over teams, including in the playoffs to reach the SB. Damn good D as well. Pete Carroll would be on board with that formula for the Hawks, but not with the noodle-armed QB part of it. I don't see much of that coming together for the Hawks until next year, with Cross and Lucas maturing and improving.
I agree with you, but hey, I am a homer and this is the off season. I could dream, couldn't I?

Ozzy

Reaction score
You get stats like that when you're up double digits late in most games. I see the Seahawks throwing a lot of 4th quarter passes in 2022.
Yeah I think those teams ended up that lopsided because they were dominant. In close games I bet their splits were tighter. Either way I roster is nowhere near as good so I don't see it happening and I think we will be down a lot which equals a lot of throwing like you mentioned.