RD 2 Seahawk Picks are in: Boye Mafe and Kenneth Walker...

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I am absolutely loving what the Seahawks have done so far. Abraham Lucas in the third is an absolute steal. Now we have our tackle spots filled with legit prospects. Add an outstanding RB and a good looking edge player and its just solid throughout. There are some starting quality linebackers left too. I bet thats where they go with their next pick.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Would have preferred Booth over Walker. I am suspired with a RB here and 2 thoughts. Are there questions about Carson being able to play? With Penny on a 1 year prove it deal, are they not interested in signing him longer even with a good season.

As for not selecting a QB since other QBe needy teams didn't bite I am going to hope that our management team was on board with the others that this class really didn't have a franchise guy

nanomoz

Reaction score
With Carson still being a question mark I liked the Walker pick. Mafe looks to be very athletic with a lot of upside but I don’t know about taking him here.
Penny is a question mark, too. Unless you think 5 weeks is a better data set than 3.5 years.

GemCity

Reaction score
Would have preferred Booth over Walker. I am suspired with a RB here and 2 thoughts. Are there questions about Carson being able to play? With Penny on a 1 year prove it deal, are they not interested in signing him longer even with a good season.

As for not selecting a QB since other QBe needy teams didn't bite I am going to hope that our management team was on board with the others that this class really didn't have a franchise guy
With the amount of running we do, I can see them splitting the snaps. There’s a lot of benefit in doing so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
yeah and what simms says about walker is very common praise for this kid. So this "stay be hind the line and look for a hole" no clue where thats from. Shit carson does that already and its a constant TFL
My opinion on watching clips on this guy is he has great vision, balance, anticipation, and speed. Just hope he’s durable enough for the NFL.

I love this pick.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My opinion on watching clips on this guy is he has great vision, balance, anticipation, and speed. Just hope he’s durable enough for the NFL.

I love this pick.
Decent power for his size too due to his low center of gravity. He’ll need to work on blocking.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score

It appears there is a good chance Carson doesn't come back due to his neck injury. We all know the injury history of Penny. Walker makes sense here.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Best draft they've had in a long time so far. Everyone will shout RB was high at that pick but he's arguably the best RB in the draft. Guy put MSU on his back this past year and has some awesome explosive tape. If Pete feels Kenneth can do what Jonathan Taylor did, stepping in right away (who I also really wanted) and setup an awesome 1-2 punch with Penny, it doesn't matter if he went 'early'. Pete wants to become a running team again, beefing up the OL and RB are big part of that. I guess we will see if Drew Lock is able to hit his potential but if not, next years draft has a lot of QB talent coming out. This was the year to start building the core, non-flashy picks and I'm loving it so far. Team has been missing smash mouth SOB's for awhile now.