RD 2 Seahawk Picks are in: Boye Mafe and Kenneth Walker...

W

Welshers

Those are the picks for the Seahawks at 40 and 41. Mafe is good. Would have liked a chance on Ojabo or Willis. I don't get the Walker pick.

EDIT: People seem high on Walker. I shall hold judgement. Just wanted Willis personally. Oh well.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Those are the picks for the Seahawks at 40 and 41. Mafe is good. Would have liked a chance on Ojabo or Willis. I don't get the Walker pick. They must not have faith in Penny. Oh well.
You mean Carson? If they don't have faith in Penny, they wouldn't had re-signed him.

notyou

Reaction score
Those are the picks for the Seahawks at 40 and 41. Mafe is good. Would have liked a chance on Ojabo or Willis. I don't get the Walker pick. They must not have faith in Penny. Oh well.
Or they don't expect Carson to be back.

Scout

Reaction score
The offense is going to be designed around the running game so it makes sense to obtain Walker to pair with Penny.

Mafe is going to be a good piece to help with the 34 transition.

Rat

Reaction score
Walker is very, very good! I've had to watch him nearly every week, this is an amazing pick!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Penny was the guy. Should have just got cheap FAs around him. Not a fan of taking Walker. Goodbye Chris Carson. Maye is legit though.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I really like both picks. Walker is a stud and Mafe is good value here at a position of need. Both are really solid picks. I thought the Seahawks might pick Walker with one of these picks. Thinking Penny lasts all year is a fools errand and Carson may not be back at all.

Scout

Reaction score
Walker is thick but has agility to make people miss. A good fit for helping move the chains and sustain drives.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Hate Walker pick, he's the type of guy who tries to see which lane to run. At that moment, all the rushing lanes will be gone.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I would have preferred Ojabo at #40 because I'm willing to have a down year. I'd still like to see a trade up for him now.

That being said, nobody should be surprised that Pete is less willing to have a down season than some of us are. They'll have packages that let Mafe contribute to the pass rush on day 1. He needs development but has all the potential in the world.

Walker's selection probably conveys some bad news about their long-term confidence in Carson. Walker is the ideal Hawks RB though. Runs hard with uncanny balance that lets him break tackles. He can set the tone for the entire team with his physicality running through people.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
Like both picks. Yes, the Walker pick surely means Carson will likely be seeing an injury settlement release. Sad to se that era end. He was a warrior, but looking forward to the Penny/Walker combo for next season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
With Carson still being a question mark I liked the Walker pick. Mafe looks to be very athletic with a lot of upside but I don’t know about taking him here.