RD 2 Seahawk Picks are in: Boye Mafe and Kenneth Walker...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hi, just visiting. I'm a MSU fan and alum, and I'm excited to see what KWIII will do for Seattle. He's very humble and works very hard. I hope he kills it for you guys. I'll be watching. Btw, we also call him K9 because he wore number 9.

View attachment 11390
Gotta love the nicknames.

K9 or KW3 or K-Dubs or K-Dub-3

All of those will work.

keasley45

Reaction score
Carson may never play again, and Penny is on a one-year deal with a long injury history. I'm guessing you want a plan-B if that's your running back room.
Yup. This offense is dead in the water without a serious threat coming out ofnthe backfield to take heat off of Lock. Can Penny Do that? Yeah. But can he stay on the field for more than 9 games? Questionable.

Love the Mafe pick! Taylor, Brooks, Mafe and Nwosu? Diggs and Adams behind them? Thats speed and ferocity. We need a cb to shore up Coleman and Brown ... hopefully Arty Burns brings something. But liking the defense. Fast and mean.

And now DK, Walker, Lockett, Fant... and if Eskridge develops...

This is Ffffaaaarrrrrr from a rebuild.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Love these two picks. But QB is still a big myster going into the season.

Have to wonder if Pete is just happy to wait for Cleveland to cut Baker, and then make a run at him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It's about time the Seahawks have an elite RB in their backfield!

niveky

Reaction score
What position now at 72?
I am thinking CB to fill a hole.
depending on the quality of players left, not necessarily. They might still pick up a qb depending on what cb or other position of need is or is not available at that point. They wouldn't risk much kicking the tires on a project qb, especially since they may not like what they see from lock and/or smith this year and may decide to cut bait with at least one of them after next season. That would also allow them to at least have possibly a serviceable backup in the system for a year already, and possibly a starter.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not super crazy about the Mafe pick, but love the Walker take. Watched 3 or 4 MSU games last season and Walker is a beast.

AgentDib

Reaction score
With Carson still being a question mark I liked the Walker pick. Mafe looks to be very athletic with a lot of upside but I don’t know about taking him here.
Mafe has been a late riser. Over the last two weeks he's fluctuated between #34 and #37 overall in the consensus mock. Of course actual value is subjective, but we took him slightly later than he was being mocked.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the clip.
yeah and what simms says about walker is very common praise for this kid. So this "stay be hind the line and look for a hole" no clue where thats from. Shit carson does that already and its a constant TFL

AgentDib

Reaction score
Walker was available at #41 because the NFL as a whole has devalued the RB position, and among RBs has increasingly emphasized catching ability, route running and pass protection. As a pure runner Walker is an elite prospect and if this was still 2008 then he'd have been an early first round pick. He's a fun player to watch when he has the ball in hands.

Own The West

Reaction score
Three picks, three quality starters. I'm stoked.

If we manage a Center at some point, the rest can be depth and I'll call this draft an A+.