RD 2 Seahawk Picks are in: Boye Mafe and Kenneth Walker...

toffee

Reaction score
Yup. This offense is dead in the water without a serious threat coming out ofnthe backfield to take heat off of Lock. Can Penny Do that? Yeah. But can he stay on the field for more than 9 games? Questionable.

Love the Mafe pick! Taylor, Brooks, Mafe and Nwosu? Diggs and Adams behind them? Thats speed and ferocity. We need a cb to shore up Coleman and Brown ... hopefully Arty Burns brings something. But liking the defense. Fast and mean.

And now DK, Walker, Lockett, Fant... and if Eskridge develops...

This is Ffffaaaarrrrrr from a rebuild.
I am liking the skilled positions on the offense, QB is shall we say work in progress? WR, RB, TE are all pretty good. OL could be good too.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Mafe is a guy that's going to bring it for us. Stoked with this pick. I'm a Walker fan so I like the pick, but I sure would've traded up a few spots to get Hall. The far superior back, IMO.

Cross, Mafe and Walker: A solid B or B+ thus far, IMO.

Has anyone ever witnessed a draft better than what the Jets are having? It's flat out ridiculous.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mafe is a guy that's going to bring it for us. Stoked with this pick. I'm a Walker fan so I like the pick, but I sure would've traded up a few spots to get Hall. The far superior back, IMO.

Cross, Mafe and Walker: A solid B or B+ thus far, IMO.

Has anyone ever witnessed a draft better than what the Jets are having? It's flat out ridiculous.
Hall is not far superior and perhaps not as good. definitely so close not worth wasting picks on to draft up.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Walker will be a starter by the end of the year. He is a beast and will be our #1 back for 2-3 years. Star in making.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hall better fits today's NFL as a three down back. However, we have already have a bunch of guys who can fill that third down role between Homer, Dallas, Bellore and Eskridge.

With the high injury rate among backs these days I'd rather have a deep RB room with heavy rotation.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I was hoping they'd nab Cam Jurgens with 41 and maybe land a RB in the third. But they got one of the top 3. Seems like a decent draft so far, nothing crazy.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it's worth repeating. Walker haters , here you go -- fast forward to about the 35 minute mark.

When I saw RB at 41, I did not love it. After watching this Chris Simms piece, I LOVE THIS PICK.

GemCity

Reaction score
Love the picks thus far. I’d like to see a CB picked up next.

Hoping we stay far away from both Baker or any other QB this year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm glad we got a pass rusher and running back. Thank you Pete and John for drafting in terms of need this draft.

Hopefully both of these young men can contribute

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Walker is not a scat back at all. Not sure why you would say that. Many felt he was the best RB in the draft.
Because he's not a downhill runner that runs through defenders, he uses his speed and agility to make them miss. He is instinctual, and takes the holes that open up, rather than where the play is designed to go.

He reminds me a bit of Kamara.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He seems to have better change of pace, cut back and vision than Penny, with some ability to push the pile for tough yards. We should have a pretty good RB room, which will be essential for a young QB to succeed.

WarHawks

Reaction score
So we got a guy who received an award as the nation's best football player. Not just the best running back, but the best player, period. Yeah, not a bad draft so far. Lol! :geek:

Latest posts