Rayshawn Jenkins picked Hawks over 9ers.

chris98251

Reaction score
My fiancé and I went back up there to King County to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day (we live in Astoria OR now as of last November) and we were floored with the traffic, aggressiveness and chaos we felt on the roads. Mix in the shit show Seattle is now and it’s just plain sad.

We could not WAIT to get back to home. Much slower pace and chill vibe by the ocean. Highly recommended for anyone lol.
So if I am reading this correctly Aros said come one come all to his place, highly recommended :)

But agree, I lived in Gold Bar, nice but commute was hell to Seattle with only Highway 2 to get back and forth on, ended up in Maple Valley, which became Bellevue South, and exploded with people, moved to Renton as a short stopgap,13 years later have lost my wife and tow best pooch's you could could ask for and met someone out of the blue.

Moved to Roy, it's peaceful there, no ocean dammit but lots of woods around us, room for the new puppies, all 5, Momma was Pregnant 2 weeks after we got here, I needed a dog after losing everything almost, now I have 5.

But people are leaving Seattle to go to the Suburbs now, Yelm has a Walmart and Graham a Freddies and a Walmart, where those two businesses go populations increase hand over fist, seen it in Monroe, Lynnwood back in the day, Omak.

I loved Astoria and Seaside, got to work there for 9 months straight on a out of town assignment. Lucky Man you are Aros !!!

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
So if I am reading this correctly Aros said come one come all to his place, highly recommended :)

But agree, I lived in Gold Bar, nice but commute was hell to Seattle with only Highway 2 to get back and forth on, ended up in Maple Valley, which became Bellevue South, and exploded with people, moved to Renton as a short stopgap,13 years later have lost my wife and tow best pooch's you could could ask for and met someone out of the blue.

Moved to Roy, it's peaceful there, no ocean dammit but lots of woods around us, room for the new puppies, all 5, Momma was Pregnant 2 weeks after we got here, I needed a dog after losing everything almost, now I have 5.

But people are leaving Seattle to go to the Suburbs now, Yelm has a Walmart and Graham a Freddies and a Walmart, where those two businesses go populations increase hand over fist, seen it in Monroe, Lynnwood back in the day, Omak.

I loved Astoria and Seaside, got to work there for 9 months straight on an out of town assignment. Lucky Man you are Aros !!!
Commenting on Gold Bar

When I was young I remember going through Gold Bar on my way to the north fork of the Skykomish river dropping by a bait house to get sand shrimp to go Steelhead fishing. Those where the days the area was untouched I can just imagine how it is now

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I live in Sea-Tac by the airport. I don't go south that much, but I drove through Tacoma, now that place is a shit hole of a town. I was driving down South Tacoma way and there was people literally walking in the middle of the street talking to themselves without a care in the world. There was homeless people at every gas station I drove by.
South Tacoma Way is the part of Tacoma to stay away from when I lived in the area it’s where a lot of tweekers would hang out and this was 1990s-2000

i lived in an area know as University Place which was on Puget Sound near the golf course there are some decent areas in Tacoma but this was well over 25 years ago things can change

i remember a story that happened in the 80s in the hill top area of Tacoma there were some military from Ft Lewis living in the are due to the cheap prices they got tired of the crime and took matters in their own hands which resulted in a battle zone. The service men essentially got their hands slapped

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
South Tacoma Way is the part of Tacoma to stay away from when I lived in the area it’s where a lot of tweekers would hang out and this was 1990s-2000

i lived in an area know as University Place which was on Puget Sound near the golf course there are some decent areas in Tacoma but this was well over 25 years ago things can change

i remember a story that happened in the 80s in the hill top area of Tacoma there were some military from Ft Lewis living in the are due to the cheap prices they got tired of the crime and took matters in their own hands which resulted in a battle zone. The service men essentially got their hands slapped
South Tacoma Way is pretty awful, then, again parts of Seattle is also pretty awful…

University Place is good. I have some family members that live there. I would say if you are west University Place its a nice area, not, Bellevue nice, but nice enough.

hawks85

Reaction score
Yup, they looked like tweekers. I stopped at a gas station and they get aggressive. I remember I stopped at the Safeway on 38th one, and this dude came out of nowhere wearing a long ass trench coat with his hand on the inside of it. He bolted in my direction and was you will give me a ride. I was in the Marines in the 90's so these dudes don't scare me. I just stopped at looked at him and I said, I ain't doing shit. His hand was on the inside of his trench coast and he had a machete, not pulled out, but his hand on the handle. I said, I don't give a shit what you have, you're not getting in my car. Some people came out of the store and dude ran off.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Yup, they looked like tweekers. I stopped at a gas station and they get aggressive. I remember I stopped at the Safeway on 38th one, and this dude came out of nowhere wearing a long ass trench coat with his hand on the inside of it. He bolted in my direction and was you will give me a ride. I was in the Marines in the 90's so these dudes don't scare me. I just stopped at looked at him and I said, I ain't doing shit. His hand was on the inside of his trench coast and he had a machete, not pulled out, but his hand on the handle. I said, I don't give a shit what you have, you're not getting in my car. Some people came out of the store and dude ran off.
Wow as really the bully and would be robber cowered over you and others. Not so tough now was he? Thank you for your service to your country and world my friend.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I don't know that Seattle (or Kirkland, or Redmond, or Bellevue) has much in the way of bragging rights over San Francisco regarding homeless encampments or graffiti or other similar blights. I was just there last week, and traffic on the 405, including right next to VMAC (and that whole area, really, not just on the freeway) was insane.

They do, however, still have no income tax.

Also, I'm quite sure housing prices, food prices, gasoline prices, etc., near VMAC are a lot better than they are in the San Francisco/Santa Clara region.

Still not as good as Idaho though.
View attachment 66263
I would love to get out of WA it is too crowded. BUT wife, kids grandkids..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I was in the mountains a couple of years ago. A bear came down and said hi. I was near where I was gonna camp and was looking for morels. I had no weapon, just my quad. I looked at him/her/it...and it looked at me. I looked like I was going downhill and not afraid. I ended up wandering over to my quad. And wandering back to my camper at where it was set up. I had no fear. I see snakes and they wander off. I aint scared no more. The better fear this Air Force Retired asshole. I also usually am packing something. I was in AZ and my buddy asked me if I am packing. I said yes. He told me the protocol. I am good with it.

I was about 100yds from the bear. 250 to 300 lb bear blackbear.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming do not levy state income taxes, while New Hampshire doesn’t tax earned. From this list, Florida, Texas, Tennessee and Washington has NFL franchises. Frankly none of those franchises have been overwhelmingly successful in the last decade or two.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we see more and more of players not wanting to play in California. That states so poorly run.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wished they had gone after Justin Simmons but Rayshawn was cheaper. I hope Rayshawn is successful but Simmons is the better player. Not enamored with the K'Von Wallace acquisition either.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It was about money... State income tax vs no state income tax
Taxes are based on the state in which each game is played. Niners have the double whammy of being in California, and having the Rams as a divisional foe.

Including pre-season, Niners will play 16 games in income tax states, 10 of which are in California.

Including pre-season, Hawks will play 10 games in income tax states, only 2 of which are in California.

That's a huge chunk of money out of their checks.

*Back of envelope, quick calculations may be slightly off.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Re-thinking about earlier post, I think Love and Jenkins will be fine together as Seahawk safeties. They are not Kam and Earl in their prime but they're not Tedric Thompson and Delano Hill either. Somewhere in between those extremes. Hopefully leaning more toward Kam and Earl side.