Rams Fan First Post

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
God, Giedi; you're making me bring up the fact that the Stealers (intentional misspelling) have more Lombardis than you do. Unless you count guys like Carmen Policy and Eddie DeBartolo, Jr. paying guys under the table and pulling other shenanigans to get your team so dominant at the time; in which case, yes, you're way more storied than other dynasties.

@KC: Yeah, she corrected me in the other thread; my bad. Don't take it personally, it's just the law of averages; the vast majority of football fans are male, AND plenty of guys play female avatars with female names in games online and crap. :229031_shrug:

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1d1lbmif said:
Red Alice is a woman like myself Roland. :)

And I must say, it is nice to find other knowledgable female fans regardless of which team they love. :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
RedAlice":b3zw56e2 said:
Giedi":b3zw56e2 said:
Regarding the rams, Jeff Fisher is one hell of a defensive coach. He was able to shut down our passing and running attacks last year. Very few teams were able to do that. But I think he suffers from what all defensive coaches suffer from - offensive myopia. In other words, they are at a disadvantage on the offensive side. Key to success for these kinds of HC's is to have an excellent OC. I think Pete is pretty lucky to have Darell Bevell, but Shottenheimer hasn't distinguished himself much in the NFL in my opinion.

I love Fisher. Best thing that has happened to the Rams since GSOT. But, yes this is true. He handled our D amazing last year with no DC. But he certainly showed an acknowledgement that the O is important by moving up and taking Austin, and paying for J long. Plus Bailey. It was obvious last year that our O has to improve. He also has Irvin and Holt at camp this week working with the new WRs. I think he's smart enough to recognize where he needs help there. I am unwavering in my trust of him to slowly and correctly build out this team on both sides over the next couple years.

I have to add though...Shotty scares me. I was not a fan of his hiring. I am worried about what he does with all the new talent this year. We will see. I trust Fisher. And really, nothing can be worse than when we had McD.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":a7i405op said:
Giedi":a7i405op said:
Regarding the rams, Jeff Fisher is one hell of a defensive coach. He was able to shut down our passing and running attacks last year. Very few teams were able to do that. But I think he suffers from what all defensive coaches suffer from - offensive myopia. In other words, they are at a disadvantage on the offensive side. Key to success for these kinds of HC's is to have an excellent OC. I think Pete is pretty lucky to have Darell Bevell, but Shottenheimer hasn't distinguished himself much in the NFL in my opinion.

I love Fisher. Best thing that has happened to the Rams since GSOT. But, yes this is true. He handled our D amazing last year with no DC. But he certainly showed an acknowledgement that the O is important by moving up and taking Austin, and paying for J long. Plus Bailey. It was obvious last year that our O has to improve. He also has Irvin and Holt at camp this week working with the new WRs. I think he's smart enough to recognize where he needs help there. I am unwavering in my trust of him to slowly and correctly build out this team on both sides over the next couple years.
This. I feel is far more realistic than Hurlbaugh Krapperdink making an impact over the next 5-10 years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cary Elwes--err, Josh McDaniels, has talent; but he didn't utilize what the Rams had for talent properly at all, IMO.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2m3e7s1x said:
Cary Elwes--err, Josh McDaniels, has talent; but he didn't utilize what the Rams had for talent properly at all, IMO.

Ha. "As you wish" maybe was a good haunting quote for Spags that year....

He is where he belongs now. On the only team I hate.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This will be a telling year for Tom Brady and Cary McDaniels. I'm of the opinion that the Patriots will still win the division, probably get 12 wins, and win a playoff game, proving that Brady is one of the best of all time despite basically losing his whole stable of receiving targets that matter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hh8vn8v said:
God, Giedi; you're making me bring up the fact that the Stealers (intentional misspelling) have more Lombardis than you do. Unless you count guys like Carmen Policy and Eddie DeBartolo, Jr. paying guys under the table and pulling other shenanigans to get your team so dominant at the time; in which case, yes, you're way more storied than other dynasties.

@KC: Yeah, she corrected me in the other thread; my bad. Don't take it personally, it's just the law of averages; the vast majority of football fans are male, AND plenty of guys play female avatars with female names in games online and crap. :229031_shrug:
No worries just to let you know most female gamers go with male avatars and play fighters to avoid the obvious and to avoid harassment.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1p6axcuq said:
No worries just to let you know most female gamers go with male avatars and play fighters to avoid the obvious and to avoid harassment.

Aye, and it makes sense. I do not understand the fascination of playing a female avatar with a female name. I've never done it once in any game, ever. Nearly every name I've ever used has been from Stephen King's The Dark Tower book series; with male characters.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35ipd6bm said:
This will be a telling year for Tom Brady and Cary McDaniels. I'm of the opinion that the Patriots will still win the division, probably get 12 wins, and win a playoff game, proving that Brady is one of the best of all time despite basically losing his whole stable of receiving targets that matter.
Brady is an outlier but I believe Wilson is even moreso. That's why I just don't stress about who our FO considers core players. Fact is Russell Wilson is our first franchise quarterback and watching him transform the the Seahawks into relevance is exactly like when I watched San Francisco get embarrassed by New Orleans 59-0 or whatever and then Montana steps in...short, slow, weak atm...and dominate the next 10 years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gt7sgqk said:

Well, he has Amendola now. I will be unable to root against him.

If he can stay healthy, he is just amazing. Sux that it is the Pats, but I hope to see him succeed beyond what anyone thinks he can do. Brady is a perfect match for him.

I would love to see the Rams get to a SB in the next few years against them. And win of course.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tnn9ami8 said:
KCHawkGirl":tnn9ami8 said:

Aye, and it makes sense. I do not understand the fascination of playing a female avatar with a female name. I've never done it once in any game, ever. Nearly every name I've ever used has been from Stephen King's The Dark Tower book series; with male characters.
Obviously since I go female my choice is Wheel of Time. Nynaeve in some form is a favorite of mine. I love her actual character juxtaposed to her name.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
GSOT ll

No Rams fan should ever utter those words or that acronym. It's disrespectful to the historical significance of going from worst to first when the odds were 200-1 against you (actual vegas odds).

In comparison, this season is only 40-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. That's how much more this team is respected vs the GSOT.

This Rams team is the beginning of something uniquely special. I call it FSOT - Fastest Show On Turf - because it is. BOTH sides of the ball are uniquely fast. INTENTIONALLY fast.

Will we see offensive passing fireworks? We better hope so since that's where all the money went.

Will it be GSOT? NO! Nothing can be.

What it could (and dare I say "will") be is JUST AS COOL but in a different way. POWERFUL defense coupled with a fast paced, unpredictable, and FAST player offense that breaks the NFCW mold.

If we only wanted to do what the Hawks and Niners were doing, we would come in third.

EMBRACE the pass first offence because that is what the Rams could do best in the division. Unless, of course, you feel Richardson or Pead or Stacey or Gannaway is better than Lynch or Gore. AND, at the same time, we have a better D than Hawks or Niners.

If I'm wrong, and we aren't pass first, we've already lost the division. Rams CAN'T out run them and they CAN'T out D them. They CAN put one hell of a D on the field and destroy their secondary with the fastest passing game in a hurry up offense.

If your heart is set on being a big D first and run first team like them, we've already lost. Emulation may be the purest form of flattery, but it's no way to win a division when they do it better!

BOOKMARK THIS THREAD. MARK MY WORDS. HOLD ME TO THEM.

Shotty is lying (good for him). Fisher is Lying (good for him). The media is being sucked in (good for the Rams)! This is NOT a run first team hoping to win anything. They bet the entire house on the pass. Fisher came here for the pass. It WILL BE a pass first team.

LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE DONE!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
^ You going to copy and paste that onto any more threads or can I finish up reading new posts without projectile puking?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wheel of Time is good, I agree. It's too bad Jordan died in his 50s. My love of The Dark Tower has nothing to do with the fact that the lead is a male, though. You've read the whole series, I take it?

@RamzFanz: Dude, you are crazy. This is approaching Tebow-level mania. It's not healthy; I fear for you.

Decimation

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2162v56t said:
GSOT ll

No Rams fan should ever utter those words or that acronym. It's disrespectful to the historical significance of going from worst to first when the odds were 200-1 against you (actual vegas odds).

In comparison, this season is only 40-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. That's how much more this team is respected vs the GSOT.

This Rams team is the beginning of something uniquely special. I call it FSOT - Fastest Show On Turf - because it is. BOTH sides of the ball are uniquely fast. INTENTIONALLY fast.

Will we see offensive passing fireworks? We better hope so since that's where all the money went.

Will it be GSOT? NO! Nothing can be.

What it could (and dare I say "will") be is JUST AS COOL but in a different way. POWERFUL defense coupled with a fast paced, unpredictable, and FAST player offense that breaks the NFCW mold.

If we only wanted to do what the Hawks and Niners were doing, we would come in third.

EMBRACE the pass first offence because that is what the Rams could do best in the division. Unless, of course, you feel Richardson or Pead or Stacey or Gannaway is better than Lynch or Gore. AND, at the same time, we have a better D than Hawks or Niners.

If I'm wrong, and we aren't pass first, we've already lost the division. Rams CAN'T out run them and they CAN'T out D them. They CAN put one hell of a D on the field and destroy their secondary with the fastest passing game in a hurry up offense.

If your heart is set on being a big D first and run first team like them, we've already lost. Emulation may be the purest form of flattery, but it's no way to win a division when they do it better!

BOOKMARK THIS THREAD. MARK MY WORDS. HOLD ME TO THEM.

Shotty is lying (good for him). Fisher is Lying (good for him). The media is being sucked in (good for the Rams)! This is NOT a run first team hoping to win anything. They bet the entire house on the pass. Fisher came here for the pass. It WILL BE a pass first team.

LET IT BE WRITTEN, LET IT BE DONE!
Quit pumping your chest on how "great" the rams will be in 2013. When's the last time you guys even made the playoffs?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Decimation":64ysxfu0 said:
Quit pumping your chest on how "great" the rams will be in 2013. When's the last time you guys even made the playoffs?

The year they beat us in the playoffs. :(

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":dkrx638m said:
RolandDeschain":dkrx638m said:
Brady is an outlier but I believe Wilson is even moreso. That's why I just don't stress about who our FO considers core players. Fact is Russell Wilson is our first franchise quarterback and watching him transform the the Seahawks into relevance is exactly like when I watched San Francisco get embarrassed by New Orleans 59-0 or whatever and then Montana steps in...short, slow, weak atm...and dominate the next 10 years.

This is one thing I like about Hawk fans, even when some of you seem crazy over the top about the team. :)

It makes sense since this is your first great QB (I think....don't know your history before NFC W). You're part of watching him build up your team into something great. I followed Warner fanatically even when he went to AZ.

I hate the Bradford debate, but the fact is that it is a debate with massive division even amongst Rams fans. Both Hawks and Niners don't have this issue.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Be glad you missed the Hasselbeck-vs-Whitehurst fights around here 3 years ago, Red. It was terrible. Plenty of people actively avoided the forum most of each week for a while, it got so bad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
At least you're being realistic in accepting that you are Detroit West. Now if you understand Bradford isn't Stafford and Austin isn't Johnson. Then you might start accepting your place in the pecking order of this division for the next 5-10 years.

That wasn't directed at you Alice. For you, understand. I know more about the old NFC/AFC West due to where I actually lived and my brothers until I decided to really embrace the game. Around the same time you did it seems. :)