Rams Fan First Post

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Hello Seahawk fans!You guys look to have a high quality forum here. I expect a very competitive division race within the highly respected NFCW this year. I assure you I am no troll, but am very passionate of the Rams. I look forward to exchanging opinions of our two teams this year. It's gonna be a great year beingwe are fans of teams in the toughest division in football. It's amazing how much our teams have grown over the last 3 seasons.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":hlixpc82 said:
Hello Seahawk fans!You guys look to have a high quality forum here. I expect a very competitive division race within the highly respected NFCW this year. I assure you I am no troll, but am very passionate of the Rams. I look forward to exchanging opinions of our two teams this year. It's gonna be a great year beingwe are fans of teams in the toughest division in football. It's amazing how much our teams have grown over the last 3 seasons.

Beat the Niners and we can forgive your condition.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":34qa2a5d said:

Lol fair enough! We did pretty well against them last year. :twisted:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Scottemojo":kv2htj3j said:
mr.stlouis":kv2htj3j said:

Beat the Niners and we can forgive your condition.

In their first meeting, yes. I think the Niners could be buried in the first half of the season if we and the Rams take care of business.

But by the time December 1st rolls around, I won't be surprised if this forum is hoping for the Niners to tag an 'L' on St Louis.

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm almost looking forward to the games against the rams as much as the niners games this year!

Last years games were close so it will be interesting to see if our oline can fare any better against your beastly d line and see how your offense (QB) can do against an even scarier secondary this year

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Bradford is a very sensitive topic among Rams fans. Some would side with you whole heatedly, I assure you.

My personal belief is he hasn't had the supporting cast to be successful. Our OL has been musical chairs the last few years, and the only guy he could truly rely on to get open and make plays was Ammendola (He was always hurt.)

Our OL is very talented now with the addition of J. Long... but its suspect to injuries. We are crossing our fingers here.

Weapons? We have not seen the likes of this arsenal for a decade. Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Cook, Quick, and Givens look to bloster our core of pass catchers. Saying I strongly believe in this group is an understatement.

Our defense: Same guys barring LB Ogletree and some young safeties. Reports from camp are very promising for Ogltree. It's top 10 for sure. Tied for league lead in sacks lacks year with 52. CB Jenkins had 3 defensive scores as a rookie.

I got the Rams pegged for 9-11 wins this year. It's hard to say if that's enough in this division, but I anticipate them being strongly in the hunt.

The Radish

Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawks.net, glad to have you aboard.

Especially nice to find someone that we can exchange team information with.

:les:

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
dunceface":1kn4ktg2 said:
I'm almost looking forward to the games against the rams as much as the niners games this year!

Last years games were close so it will be interesting to see if our oline can fare any better against your beastly d line and see how your offense (QB) can do against an even scarier secondary this year

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks win the division this year, especially if Harvin can come back strong. So far, the Rams have had no significant injuries and I sure hope it stays that way.

Niners have been smacked with some very bad injuries on offense. I look for them to fade this year, but come back strong next year.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
The Radish":32wwdkx3 said:
Welcome to Seahawks.net, glad to have you aboard.

Especially nice to find someone that we can exchange team information with.

:les:

Lol thanks for having me. I'm STOKED for this upcoming season!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I like a lot about the Rams team and I think they will be an improving team in '13. I could even see them challenging the aging 49ers in '14 for a wild card spot.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams offense will take at least the season to gell and figure out at least the new additions how to be NFL players, saying that it will make Bradford look really bad with mis reads and wrong routes run by the new kids. They will stumble and lose ground out of the gate. By the end of the season things should be coming together and the experts given good health of all the teams will be saying next season is going to be a brawl for the division with three of the 4 teams being contenders and attrition and good or bad luck seperating the leader from the rest.

Seahawks have to find a way to keep what they have and add upgrades in depth to stay where we are at or improve. Glad we have the front office we have and coaches.

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
chris98251":nhpxkwbf said:
Rams offense will take at least the season to gell and figure out at least the new additions how to be NFL players, saying that it will make Bradford look really bad with mis reads and wrong routes run by the new kids. They will stumble and lose ground out of the gate. By the end of the season things should be coming together and the experts given good health of all the teams will be saying next season is going to be a brawl for the division with three of the 4 teams being contenders and attrition and good or bad luck seperating the leader from the rest.

Seahawks have to find a way to keep what they have and add upgrades in depth to stay where we are at or improve. Glad we have the front office we have and coaches.

That's how it was last year to a large degree. Our redzone offense was abysmal first half of the season, but got got better in the second half. I'm hoping added protection gives our new weapons, such as Austin and Cook, more time to split the seams and find the creases. This is the first season Bradford's hasn't had to learn a new playbook, as well. It should make a noticeable difference.

Johnny

Reaction score
9-10 wins is reasonable for the Rams this year, I like some of the additions they have made this year and it's not like the Hawks steamrolled over them last year the Rams will be a very hard team to beat this year... If Jake Long holds up this year and returns to form Bradford could finally not have to worry about his blindside.. and with some of those weapons he could have a good year this year, I just don't think your running game is going to hold up all year long.

cacksman

Reaction score
I threw down $10 on 40/1 SB odds for the Rams while in Vegas. Out of all the long shots, they were easily the best team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome! I think the Rams are the HUGE sleeper team of the 2013 season. Anybody who looks past the Rams this year is in for a rude awakening. Nearly undefeated in the NFC West last year? Impressive to say the least. The DL is sick, sick. Not sold yet on Bradford but with a good arsenal around him I could see him giving us fits, ala Bulger back in the day.

The Seahawks and 49ers are the trendy picks this year, and for good reason, but don't look past those Rams. Even if they only reach 8 or 9 wins this year, they are going to present a fight on gameday.

RedAlice

Reaction score
There is more Rams love in this thread than on the St. Louis Rams forum. Nice!

And welcome Mr StL.

kearly

Reaction score
There is a line to be drawn where an NFL starting QB goes from acceptable to not good enough. Right now, I'd call it the Dalton/Bradford line, because Andy Dalton is just barely on the good side of it and Sam Bradford is maybe the 1st quarterback on the bad side of it.

I know Bradford hasn't had weapons, but he just lacks the body language, subtleties, and intangibles of a top shelf QB. And truth be told, he never had them even at Oklahoma where he was damn good. I think as a pure system/timing/chemistry QB at a place that runs spread like New England, he could be good, but as a prototypical QB that is asked to improvise, I think he'll always be mediocre.

I am eternally grateful that the Rams drafted Bradford. If they hadn't, RG3 might be a Ram right now. And even if the alternate universe Rams hadn't gotten Bradford or RG3, they'd probably be bad enough this season to have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater or Tahj Boyd. Basically, Bradford is keeping his team in the bubble of mediocrity- too good to rebuild, to but not good enough to seriously contend for a championship. As a Seahawks fan who lived through the 1990's, I can tell you that this isn't a place you want to be.

On the plus side, I think Tavon Austin is legit, and Fisher is a very good coach in game. I thought the Rams draft was probably the best in the NFC West this year, at least in terms of starters added.

Latest posts