Rams Fan First Post

RedAlice

Reaction score
I am a Rams' fan, but I am now ignoring Ramz. He is only posting to argue, both here and on Niner boards.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":200hhkqz said:
Then you might start accepting your place in the pecking order of this division for the next 5-10 years.

I firmly believe they might be able to get a bunch of wild card playoff berths ahead of the 49ers if they pick up a real QB.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9utcfcjy said:
KCHawkGirl":9utcfcjy said:
Then you might start accepting your place in the pecking order of this division for the next 5-10 years.

I firmly believe they might be able to get a bunch of wild card playoff berths ahead of the 49ers if they pick up a real QB.

Our QB is still unknown. This year is very much unknown, but full of potential.

I honestly can't decide one way or the other re: Bradford. I want to watch this year and see. Tired of the debating. He performs better, or he doesn't.

And I do not for one second believe Fisher will keep him if he does not.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21slwkm3 said:
Wheel of Time is good, I agree. It's too bad Jordan died in his 50s. My love of The Dark Tower has nothing to do with the fact that the lead is a male, though. You've read the whole series, I take it?

@RamzFanz: Dude, you are crazy. This is approaching Tebow-level mania. It's not healthy; I fear for you.
WoT or Dark Tower? The former of course the latter I read the first book only.

Again my response upthread was directed to Ramfanz not Alice.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":n7vj584a said:
I was referring to The Dark Tower. The first book is kind of different from the rest, and King started writing it while still a teenager in college. You should read the second book, see if it grabs you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dnvbmsxa said:
KCHawkGirl":dnvbmsxa said:

Most certainly or much easier just get a actual running back. Bradford is an Alex Smith so just accept that and build the team around him. It worked for us in 2005.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rd53vhp said:
KCHawkGirl":3rd53vhp said:
I was referring to The Dark Tower. The first book is kind of different from the rest, and King started writing it while still a teenager in college. You should read the second book, see if it grabs you.
I will sir. I like Stephen King. He's too wordy but I like his storytelling despite that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2e9axdtc said:
He's too wordy but I like his storytelling despite that.
*gasp* Bite your tongue! :) In all seriousness though, his characters are the biggest reason he's my favorite author. They feel so personal and real. Also, if you end up reading the series, I guarantee that you will cry a few times. I mean that to entice, not dissuade.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I understand. I cried at the end of the unedited version of "The Stand". Larry dying still makes me cry to this day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":295rg0m3 said:
What the hell did this just turn into? One of those female only book clubs?
You shut your mouth, philistine. Just because you don't know what a book is doesn't mean you have to crash our conversation.

@KC: Oh geez, if you think that's sad, just wait until you read The Dark Tower series.

Giedi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2lcia6z6 said:
God, Giedi; you're making me bring up the fact that the Stealers (intentional misspelling) have more Lombardis than you do. Unless you count guys like Carmen Policy and Eddie DeBartolo, Jr. paying guys under the table and pulling other shenanigans to get your team so dominant at the time; in which case, yes, you're way more storied than other dynasties.

@KC: Yeah, she corrected me in the other thread; my bad. Don't take it personally, it's just the law of averages; the vast majority of football fans are male, AND plenty of guys play female avatars with female names in games online and crap. :229031_shrug:
I haven't forgotten the stealers. Yes they have *one* more superbowl than we have, and if any fans deserve the bragging rights, they do. Winning dynasties win because they push the rules envelope. Unfortunately when you are at the cutting edge the edge sometimes cuts you. Those violations wasn't a material part of the game the way Spy gate was.

as for the rams, those guys have our number for some reason. Two back to back superbowl wins, and the only team we lose to in both years is the friggen rams.

Giedi

Reaction score
RedAlice":3r3fg71s said:
Giedi":3r3fg71s said:
Regarding the rams, Jeff Fisher is one hell of a defensive coach. He was able to shut down our passing and running attacks last year. Very few teams were able to do that. But I think he suffers from what all defensive coaches suffer from - offensive myopia. In other words, they are at a disadvantage on the offensive side. Key to success for these kinds of HC's is to have an excellent OC. I think Pete is pretty lucky to have Darell Bevell, but Shottenheimer hasn't distinguished himself much in the NFL in my opinion.

I love Fisher. Best thing that has happened to the Rams since GSOT. But, yes this is true. He handled our D amazing last year with no DC. But he certainly showed an acknowledgement that the O is important by moving up and taking Austin, and paying for J long. Plus Bailey. It was obvious last year that our O has to improve. He also has Irvin and Holt at camp this week working with the new WRs. I think he's smart enough to recognize where he needs help there. I am unwavering in my trust of him to slowly and correctly build out this team on both sides over the next couple years.
Tavon Austin is going to be a interesting player. I'd trust Fisher with his defensive decisions, but I'd critically examine his offensive ones. I don't know too much about Bradford other than he's compared to Alex smith a lot. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Rams will be explosive if you keep Tavon healthy. If I was choosing a HC and ony had to choose between Fisher and Carroll, I'd choose Fisher. Carroll is a very good defensive coach too, but he's conservative, Fisher takes more chances. When he does, usually it works out.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
As this thread shows, not all Rams fans are the same, and we (like the fans of all teams) don't all agree.

If I may be allowed a shameless plug for the site where I'm a Mod, I'd encourage those who wish to have calm, rational discussions with Rams fans to stop over at ClanRam.

We don't do smack there. If you come and tell us how Sam Bradford "sucks," don't expect to get traction on a battle of insults. If, on the other hand, you want to talk football, we've got a good group over there.

Shameless plug over.

Giedi

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2pvwnd4m said:
As this thread shows, not all Rams fans are the same, and we (like the fans of all teams) don't all agree.

If I may be allowed a shameless plug for the site where I'm a Mod, I'd encourage those who wish to have calm, rational discussions with Rams fans to stop over at ClanRam.

We don't do smack there. If you come and tell us how Sam Bradford "sucks," don't expect to get traction on a battle of insults. If, on the other hand, you want to talk football, we've got a good group over there.

Shameless plug over.
You guys run a good board over there. *Very* knowledgeable fans there. I learned a ton about defending the pistol Read-option from you guys, you guys will be a tough team this year. No doubt about it. Fisher is a quality HC and a premium DC talent.