Geno or Lock?

• Geno

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 88 67.7%

• Total voters

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think Lock will always be a back up guy but maybe on the top tier of that side where he can get a nice contract. He has a bullet arm. No fear of putting him in there again. Best back up since Seneca.
Playing devils advocate, how can anyone fairly say that Lock is purely a back up QB. He hasn't had very many full time games under his belt and from what we've seen, I think he has the potential to be greater than just a back up. I'd be willing to bet, if Lock were playing in San Francisco right now, they would be singing the same praises about Lock as they are doing with Purdy right now...IMHO.

Fade

Reaction score
Playing devils advocate, how can anyone fairly say that Lock is purely a back up QB. He hasn't had very many full time games under his belt and from what we've seen, I think he has the potential to be greater than just a back up. I'd be willing to bet, if Lock were playing in San Francisco right now, they would be singing the same praises about Lock as they are doing with Purdy right now...IMHO.
Yes. Lock has the physical gifts.

He just needs to be in a place that can develop him. Though, Kyle would've got him injured. Purdy won't last.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Lock's last drive was so fun to watch, and it would be great if he turned into the qbotf, but let's not kid ourselves, especially since he only had 99 yds prior. He has a long way to go, and one good drive does not a qbotf make. He has shown flashes like that his whole career thus far. Draft a qbotf, sign Lock to a one year deal if he's willing, and let them duke it out. If he's not willing, let him walk. I still see no need to play Geno again, as I would rather see Lock close out a game than Geno, but Pete didn't ask me unfortunately.

12forlife

Reaction score
Why did Pete ever break his moto of alway comPete? Didn't they use to hold competition Wednesday? Where the starters had to prove they earned their spot? I miss those days!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There is no quarterback controversy! You don't lose your job due to an injury, pure and simple..!

The only time this happens is if the backup QB comes in balling out like CK did for the Niners when Smith went down. In this case though, Drew Lock has appeared better, than Geno but he didn't come in balling out. Now if a lot of those Ls turned into Ws with Lock as QB...maybe that story is different. He was clutch in the Eagles game (which Geno never appears to be), but yeah I don't think he suddenly did enough to take the starting job 3/4 through the season. The only other intangible is if there is some severe team chemistry issues with Geno vs Lock...

That being said...it's obvious Geno is not the QBOTF we've all seen enough. I would like to see what Drew is capable of, but the gamble is you're less likely to make the playoffs with Drew at center in Pete's eyes vs your starter. I don't see Pete making that decision.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The only time this happens is if the backup QB comes in balling out like CK did for the Niners when Smith went down. In this case though, Drew Lock has appeared better, than Geno but he didn't come in balling out. Now if a lot of those Ls turned into Ws with Lock as QB...maybe that story is different. He was clutch in the Eagles game (which Geno never appears to be), but yeah I don't think he suddenly did enough to take the starting job 3/4 through the season. The only other intangible is if there is some severe team chemistry issues with Geno vs Lock...

That being said...it's obvious Geno is not the QBOTF we've all seen enough. I would like to see what Drew is capable of, but the gamble is you're less likely to make the playoffs with Drew at center in Pete's eyes vs your starter. I don't see Pete making that decision.
How about Brock Purdy?

It happens all the time at all positions honestly.

SeaChase

Reaction score

I wouldn't expect anyone to come in and "ball out" against the best Defenses in the league

toffee

Reaction score
I think it would be reasonable to think that both Lock and Geno has some weaknesses in their games that opposing teams can zero in on. Both hasn't shown that they are the type that can will their team to reach the promised land. The next three games will be full of intrigue for me, I like to see if Pete will be willing to pull his QB at half time if that QB isn't delivering.

Rosco

Reaction score
I think it would be reasonable to think that both Lock and Geno has some weaknesses in their games that opposing teams can zero in on. Both hasn't shown that they are the type that can will their team to reach the promised land. The next three games will be full of intrigue for me, I like to see if Pete will be willing to pull his QB at half time if that QB isn't delivering.
It would Be a bad move. Lock going in with 0 reps with a game plan designed for Geno. if Geno plays bad bench him for the next game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why did Pete ever break his moto of alway comPete? Didn't they use to hold competition Wednesday? Where the starters had to prove they earned their spot? I miss those days!
There is literally nothing whatsoever about how the QB situation has been handled that indicates the death of a focus on competition. Nothing.