Geno or Lock?

• Geno

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 88 67.7%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree with this if the Hawks are eliminated from the playoffs, but not until then.

This.

I know everyone's happy for Lock, and they should be. Dude's as likable as they come.

But until the last drive he had like 100 yards passing and was missing dudes all over the field. When healthy, Geno's a better QB going down the stretch. "when healthy" is a big phrase.

No one seems to want to tell us how serious his groin injury is, or what's going on with it. So we'll see.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t know how severe Geno’s groin injury is.

We don’t know what grade the groin injury is.

Some groin injuries if it’s severe enough can require surgery if it doesn’t heal on its own in a certain amount of time.

I’ve had a what I consider a “medium” grade groin strain when I was in my late 20s running on a track and I was out (couldn’t run again) for a month.

Geno, is in his 30s and (albeit he’s a pro athlete) with professional medical aid, it may take Geno some time to get his legs back.

Groin injuries, man, they hurt…..

You be laying in bed and it hurts worse than if you are standing.

Groin injuries are somewhat of a mystery injury cause you can recover within a week or if it lingers around it take can months to heal.

You cannot plant your weight and move at any quick twitch pace without further aggravation.

Geno might not be able to play for another few weeks from all we know and Lock may have to play by default still.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This.

I know everyone's happy for Lock, and they should be. Dude's as likable as they come.

But until the last drive he had like 100 yards passing and was missing dudes all over the field. When healthy, Geno's a better QB going down the stretch. "when healthy" is a big phrase.

No one seems to want to tell us how serious his groin injury is, or what's going on with it. So we'll see.
I'm team Lock but its hard to argue against this. Geno has a more stable platform to judge from. My gut says with enough time they would be very similar but at this point I don't blame Pete for rolling with Geno IF he's healthy for this year at least. At least now if Geno is struggling in a game really badly, he has more reason to make a switch since Lock has earned it a little bit.

Groin injuries can be really hard to recover from because every movement hinges off of it. Geno isn't a super mobile guy so he should be able to play with even a little pain but it is a tough injury for sure. I hurt mine and it bothered me for a whole season.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
This.

This 100%. Drew had 116 yards for the game prior to the last 92 yard drive. That is not a QB that needs to supplant anyone.....especially when injury in concerned. The Seahawks had 9 drives not counting the last kneel down, we had four 3 and outs. Our offense was truly humming. Geno is the guy for the rest of the year when ready. Drew is a backup that can get it done...as a backup. How quickly we forget about the 2 pick game that could've been 4 or 5. Neither is the QBOTF.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm team Lock but its hard to argue against this. Geno has a more stable platform to judge from. My gut says with enough time they would be very similar but at this point I don't blame Pete for rolling with Geno IF he's healthy for this year at least. At least now if Geno is struggling in a game really badly, he has more reason to make a switch since Lock has earned it a little bit.

Groin injuries can be really hard to recover from because every movement hinges off of it. Geno isn't a super mobile guy so he should be able to play with even a little pain but it is a tough injury for sure. I hurt mine and it bothered me for a whole season.

Yeah I'm not sure about this mysterious groin injury.

I think Pete has been protecting Geno against arguably their two hardest games these past two weeks against really good D-lines (and having a small sample size of Lock to see if he's changed and could actually be the QB of the future).

IMO Geno's going to miraculously heal this week and play against the Titans.

Rosco

Reaction score
This.

He completed 66%
Lock threw a few near picks last night that would have ended the game. Geno is not playing great but coaches prefer safe QBs even if they are not flashy. The team game planned for more runs which actually worked in our favor. Geno under 2 minutes takes less risks than Drew which would probably mean we don’t win. However Pete will stick with Geno given the presser from Pete last night.
geno throws a lot of near picks. As a matter of fact all QBs throw near picks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He completed 66%

geno throws a lot of near picks. As a matter of fact all QBs throw near picks

I'm not going to argue over two QB's I consider backups. You want to start Lock next week, fine.

But he did not play well enough last night to change my mind that he's still just a good backup......and I imagine Pete thinks the same, it's why he immediately nipped any QB controversy in the bud saying if Geno's healthy, he starts.

Great game. Great story. Great for Lock. But dude's still a backup, even on this team.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
This.

What, no love for my comment? ;):LOL:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad Drew got us a game winning drive but I still consider him a back up quality QB. Nothing wrong with that, Its needed on a team, just look at some of these other QB's playing right now its awful. Geno isn't great either but he is more accurate usually.
Neither one is THE guy though and I don't think Drew needs more looks to determine that. If we fall out of playoff race then sure give it a go but until then Geno needs to start.

12forlife

Reaction score
I agree that Pete being Pete he will stand strong with Geno. I am on the Anti-Geno bus, and believe we should see what Lock has, if he show promise then keep him around next year to compete against the Rookie. All you Geno lovers need to really take a hard look at the #'s. Geno Smith 2023 through 12 games played
2900 yards, 15td, 9int, 3 fumbles
Not sure what you all are sticking up for, im a nobody, but I am a die hard Hawk fan, and by my standards those numbers are puke worthy! To be honest that looks like #'s you would expect from a Bears QB. People we need to start expecting better, hell demanding better!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The more that Lock plays the more confident he becomes, and the better he gets. His throws weren’t that good tonight, but his decision-making has been better as of late.
Geno's passes are more accurate than Drew's, I kind of suspect that Drew just might need to get a Quarterbacks coach, put in some serious time working out some minor glitches in the Off-Season.
Lock has all the tools/skills, he just needs to work on refining & sharpening them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Before last night, Geno for sure. After the last night, I'm good with either of them. They're not great, but at least know that Lock does NOT suck.

Just sayin. I also believe in playing the hot hand, and Lock earned another start, just my opinion.
Though it's clearly gonna' be Geno next week. He'll be ready to rock.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't have strong feelings about either QB.

But Pete better, cause if this backfires and Geno craps the bed over the next couple weeks, that might be the death blow for Pete's career in Seattle. So he better damn well be sure Geno's healthy and confident to get this team into the playoffs.

Which makes me nervous, cause we've already seen WAY too many times Pete stubbornly sticking with dudes cause he doesn't want to admit he was wrong about them. Look no further than running out Jamal Adam's broke ass this year.

Rat

Reaction score
I remember before last season when people were calling Geno vs Lock the saddest QB competition ever (I may have been one of those people). It's pretty cool that we're now debating who is better rather than who sucks less. Regardless, it's better than paying Me3 $250 million over the next five seasons or whatever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points ^
Better to discuss who is better, not which one sucks less etc. Couldn't care less about the previous guy.

It's all about the Hawks and Geno or Lock getting it done.