Geno or Lock?

• Geno

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 88 67.7%

• Total voters

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Naw, no controversy. Geno is the guy this year. Lock is a good backup and that's probably where it's at right now.

Although I will say that maybe the team is better when it doesn't rely on the pass thrower as much. Might be a good idea to take this approach with Geno when he's back.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I honestly like both, but I agree with PNW, and I also think Lock is quicker on his feet when run and has better chemistry with DK. (I don't hate lockett.. but i feel he's almost looking for a PI every play now a days. Some valid some not so much.)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Lock is a good backup, but I hope nobody thinks he's a Super Bowl-caliber QB. Not after what I saw in Denver.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Geno is more accurate than Lock is. Though, Geno does panic when maybe, he doesn't need to. I didn't see that from Lock today so I will give you that.

Still think Geno is the safer choice though. If PC goes with Lock the rest of the way, I'm fine with it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Lock is a good backup, but I hope nobody thinks he's a Super Bowl-caliber QB. Not after what I saw in Denver.
Well... whats that? the Train wreck that IS denver? or all the coaching changes and everything else that DID NOT help lock at all there? Here, he's has the most stability he's ever had in his whole career.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
There is no controversy. Geno Smith is going to start the rest of the year -- though I think that Carroll should really should see what we have in Lock.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
What are we starting Lock for? If you're picking Lock so he can "develop", ok, I disagree with that approach, but I understand it.

If you're picking Lock because you think Geno is more hurt than they are letting on, ok.

If you're picking Lock because of a very middling performance against one of the worst pass defenses in the league and think this is an indication he is actually the better QB, I have no idea what the heck you are thinking.

Geno's last game, against Dallas, was an order of magnitude better than what we just saw from Drew and yet somehow there is "QB controversy"?

What is with the weird anti-Geno obsession with some of our fanbase?

Welshers2

Reaction score
Listen I hate to be the bearer of bad news to you Lock fans but I hope you realize there is 0% chance Pete plays him over Geno once Geno gets to 100%. Trust me on this. I think Geno is better but I am saying this from my knowledge on Pete Carrol.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What are we starting Lock for? If you're picking Lock so he can "develop", ok, I disagree with that approach, but I understand it.

If you're picking Lock because you think Geno is more hurt than they are letting on, ok.

If you're picking Lock because of a very middling performance against one of the worst pass defenses in the league and think this is an indication he is actually the better QB, I have no idea what the heck you are thinking.

Geno's last game, against Dallas, was an order of magnitude better than what we just saw from Drew and yet somehow there is "QB controversy"?

What is with the weird anti-Geno obsession with some of our fanbase?
Geno is just a meh QB. At this point he really strikes in as a better version of Fitzpatrick. Few weeks every year he comes out and looks unstoppable. The rest of the year he's treading water and looks mediocre. He isn't the future of the franchise, nor do I think Lock is for that matter.