Probabilities of our first pick

HawksNation

Reaction score
I am confused by that if the media underestimates how high coaches and GMs value top QBs wouldn't they be picked earlier than the media predict. Last year Ridder Willis and Corral were expected to go in Round 1 or 2 but all dropped to round 3. In a similar vain I expect Levis and Richardson to drop below where the media are predicting at least those predicting 4 QBs in the top 5.
Wouldn’t complain about picking up our QBOF at 20

Germanhawk7

Reaction score

Interesting article if you haven't read it yet.
The NFL teams are now assuming that the Seahawks will take Carter at #5.
Also interesting that many experts wouldn't be surprised if Wilson is drafted ahead of Anderson.

Chawker

Reaction score
1. Primarily need defensive help, but aren't obligated to draft it executively.Therefore my guess is that one of our draft picks in round 1 will be a offensive player. Its all about the teams balance.

With the 5th pick Seattle Seahawks select: Bijan Robinson RB Texas.

With the 20th pick Seattle Seahawks select: Myles Murphy DE Clemson.

Now look for the Seahawks to take primaly defensive players.

Cheers

WarHawks

Reaction score
This is why I don't think we're drafting Richardson, I just can't believe John buys into that hype. He sets his value on every player firmly, and sticks with it. So why would he change that value on Richardson just because he can pick him at 5 when his scouts and value sets Richardson way further down into the late 1st or even 2nd round value?

When has Schneider ever done that?
Lots of times. They've picked guys in the first who many thought were 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lots of times. They've picked guys in the first who many thought were 2nd or 3rd round picks.

That's because their projected value on those players warranted taking them higher.

Maybe that's the case with Richardson too, but his projected slots before the combine was 2nd round or higher.

Now you think his value is 5? Eh, that math seems WAY off.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
That's because their projected value on those players warranted taking them higher.

Maybe that's the case with Richardson too, but his projected slots before the combine was 2nd round or higher.

Now you think his value is 5? Eh, that math seems WAY off.
Richardson has been discussed as a possible 1st rd pick for quite awhile.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Richardson has been discussed as a possible 1st rd pick for quite awhile.

Idk what your definition of "quite a while" is, but here's an article from December that discusses him being the 4th or 5th QB taken, and probably somewhere in the 2nd, but no later than that.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Richardson & Levis would both be reaches. Before the combine, Richardson wasn't viewed as a potential top 5 pick. You're not picking them based on their performance. But rather what they may become.

In that context, Witherspoon wouldn't be a reach. Because he played like a high draft pick.

You can debate Wilson all day. But even he's more of a sure thing than AR at this point.
Witherspoon is a reach because of the position, not the player. Sort of like Bijan. He might be the best player in this draft. But Im not taking a RB (nor a corner) at 5 overall.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Witherspoon is a reach because of the position, not the player. Sort of like Bijan. He might be the best player in this draft. But Im not taking a RB (nor a corner) at 5 overall.
So you would pass on Sauce if he was in this class?

I get the argument for RB. But CB is still a premium position.

Teams reach for QB's every year. Which typically backfires. The hit rate is lower than you think. This year is no different.

Last edited:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
CB is a valued position. and witherspoon is certainly worthy of being taken #5. however this is a very deep CB class and we already have solid options on the roster for CB2. so probably not gonna be our pick at #5.

i can see a scenario where we may take witherspoon though. let's say anderson goes #2, carter is off the seahawks board, pete doesn't want a QB, they don't have any good trade down options, and they value witherspoon more than the remaining options. rather than reach for a guy that they're not high on, they take witherspoon. so the following happens:

1. young
2. anderson jr
3. stroud / richardson / levis
4. stroud / richardson / levis
5. witherspoon

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Let's put it this way: With OUR ability to spot and develop CB talent, I'm not taking CB at 5 in most situations. In this particular case, either Richardson, Stroud, Anderson or Carter will be there at 5. I love Witherspoon, but I'd take any of them before him.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
1. Primarily need defensive help, but aren't obligated to draft it executively.Therefore my guess is that one of our draft picks in round 1 will be a offensive player. Its all about the teams balance.

With the 5th pick Seattle Seahawks select: Bijan Robinson RB Texas.

With the 20th pick Seattle Seahawks select: Myles Murphy DE Clemson.

Now look for the Seahawks to take primaly defensive players.

Cheers
Running Backs are Injury Prone and have a short career in Walker we have a workhorse back and need someone to share the workload.
Taking Robinson at 5 is WAY to early, I would be amazed if he goes in the top 10 and many mocks have him going to the Cowboys at 26.
I agree we are not obligated to draft defense exclusively and could see us taking an offensive player at 20, possibly even Robinson if he drops that far, though I would prefer a WR, they tend to need a year or so to get used to the NFL and I think it is likely that Lockett is traded before he comes a UFA quite possibly after next season. A WR at 20 should be a decent WR3 this year and a top level partner for Metcalf post Lockett.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Unless there is some earth shattering news within the next 24 hours, this will probably be the last one of these I do before the draft. This has been the most difficult draft to predict that I can remember. Unlike last year, I don't have a strong feeling for what the Hawks will do. That said, this is the order of probability of who I see us taking with our first pack, trade or not:

1) Jalen Carter
2) Anthony Richardson
(I'm telling you now, if we don't come away with 1 or 2, I'm going to be disappointed)
3) Will Anderson
4) Tyree Wilson
5) Devon Witherspoon
6) Nolan Smith
7) Will Levis
8) CJ Stroud
9) Bijan Robinson
10) The field

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I predict, whoever it is, there will be much cheering and tons of wailing and moaning. It will be controversial and we'll all be fighting about it until the season starts.

There will be a love/hate fest over Pete and John and who deserves more credit/blame. It's Seahawks.net, no WAY we can just all be happy with it, until it pays off or fails!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yup. Been that way for years. I doubt we're the only fanbase that goes back and forth. Although the spoiled in this fanbase is pretty strong.

Rat

Reaction score
It would be boring if there wasnt any discussion about the pick. Got some guys I'd be disappointed to see us take, but I dont mind being proven wrong.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
I predict, whoever it is, there will be much cheering and tons of wailing and moaning. It will be controversial and we'll all be fighting about it until the season starts.

There will be a love/hate fest over Pete and John and who deserves more credit/blame. It's Seahawks.net, no WAY we can just all be happy with it, until it pays off or fails!
No doubt. Ive seen many posters say no way in hell they'd touch 1 or 2 on my list. Get your popcorn ready.

Latest posts