Probabilities of our first pick

James in PA

Reaction score
There's already a thread asking us to rank who we *want* the Hawks to take with their first draft pick. So, how about one where we rank who we *think* they'll actually take.

Here is how I'd currently rank the players, in order of probability. A week from now, my rankings might be totally different.

1) Will Anderson Jr. - 40%: I do think Arizona trades down with a team lower than us, such as the Raiders. Zona has a lot of holes to fill. If this happens, Anderson to Seattle would be nearly a slam dunk, IMO.

2) Jalen Carter - 20%: My opinion of how Seattle views him changes from day to day. Just a few days ago, he would have easily been 1 on my list. Yesterday, I would have had him lower than my current rank.

3) Anthony Richardson - 20%: I get the impression that he's more of a fan favorite while Levis is more liked by NFL GM's. Therefore, if one of the big 4 QB is still sitting there at 5, I think it will be Richardson.

4) Will Levis - 10%: Certainly there's a chance a team picking before us likes Richardson more than Levis.

5) Tyree Wilson - 5%: This is where I differ from most mocks, which have us taking him. He has those freakish measurables that Pete likes, so it's certainly a possibility. I just don't think the chances of us taking him are nearly as great as the mocks would suggest.

6) Other - 5%: While it seems like out first pick would have to be one of the aforementioned players, I've learned to expect the unexpected with Pete and John. Perhaps someone will make them an offer they can't refuse and they trade down, missing out on all the aforementioned players.

Anyway, that is my list and I'm sticking to it (at least until tomorrow).

QWERTY

Reaction score
Why isnt this on the Draft thread instead.

Mick063

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but the free agent signings are leaning more and more toward a running back on day one of the draft. (Follow the clues left behind by who they let go and who they have signed). Not necessarily at #5 or even at #20, but at the appropriate spot after some draft day repositioning. There is a dearth of competent roster talent at the position right now. The team is now a pulled hamstring away from a running game disaster.

I'm thinking they have fallen for a running back. All of the clues are pointing in that direction. They have enough draft capital to enable getting to the right draft position without sacrificing the 5th overall pick as well.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
They certainly have solidified Safety, got a MLB, Center, although that may be upgraded, Dline but we still need a Big Butt run clogger NT. RB is our biggest hole as far as a platoon guy and depth Dallas is pretty good but we need a guy that can carry it if necessary.

RB
DT
LB
DE
Center

Not by round but greatest Need I think at this point.

GGotskill

Reaction score
They certainly have solidified Safety, got a MLB, Center, although that may be upgraded, Dline but we still need a Big Butt run clogger NT. RB is our biggest hole as far as a platoon guy and depth Dallas is pretty good but we need a guy that can carry it if necessary.

RB
DT
LB
DE
Center

Not by round but greatest Need I think at this point.

I would put LB above RB at this point.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but the free agent signings are leaning more and more toward a running back on day one of the draft. (Follow the clues left behind by who they let go and who they have signed).

Hardly. They try to shore up their roster before the draft every year, so there are no major holes. They just have more cap space to work with than usual.

They will draft a RB, just not in the first round. I would bet a dollar on it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
According to my sources, a new name has emerged, rocketing up the Seahawks draft boards. Lukas Van Ness, linebacker from Iowa.

Apparently Schneider and Carroll really loved talking with this young man and were blown away from his tape.

Back to you in the studio

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
At less than 4 weeks away, I'm more uncertain of who we're drafting with our first pick than when I started this thread. I'm less confident now about us drafting Carter. Here are my current probabilities of who we'll draft with our first pick:

Will Anderson Jr. - 25%: This would obviously require the Cards to trade down with someone other than Indy. I still think there's a pretty good chance of this happening.

Anthony Richardson - 20%

Will Levis - 20%

Tyree Wilson - 15%

Jalen Carter - 10%

Other - 10%

GemCity

Reaction score
All I know percentage wise is that if we trade up, I’m 99% sure dudes going to be 100% beast. But, there is a 93.5% chance that doesn’t happen if the 75% chance that LV trades trades up to take a 50% chance on Richardson.