Pre-nfl Wilson fans

droop828

Reaction score
I'm a lifelong NC State and Seahawk fan living in NC. So you can imagine my happiness knowing Wilson was drafted by Seattle. I knew it was only a matter of time. That is one special young man.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well I mean, i enjoyed watching him, never really gave him a chance because of his height though (I am this ignorant, forgive me)

Wisconsinhawk28

Reaction score
Have lived in Wisconsin and have been a Hawks fan my whole life. YMCA flag football at 7 years old and my team was Seahawks...chose them as my team and the rest is history. Also been a Badger fan forever too and sat on my couch watching the draft praying and hoping Hawks would take Wilson even in the 1st round.

I cannot explain my excitement that he is on my team!!!!

lobohawk

Reaction score
As an NC State fan, I started paying attention to Mr. Wilson when he announced his commitment to NC State. Cheered him from then on through his years there. When he went to Wisconsin, they became another team to look out for on TV (too much fun watching him play). It was funny reading their boards before he began, as they argued over his impact and value (much like on here). The State fans just told them to wait and see. Finally with his being drafted by Seattle, I now have another NFL team to pull for (did pretty much the same with the Chargers when Rivers went there).

Have always enjoyed the NW, as I've vistited several times with family that lived there. Particularly enjoyed hiking the Olympic Peninsula. Always said of all the large metropolitan areas in the US, Seattle was one of the few I would choose to live in.

NC State Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm a huge NC State fan and had season tickets to watch Wilson tear teams up for 3 years. That being said, I'm a huge Seahawks fan since 1983 and Wilson joining the Seahawks is a massive bonus. I would be ok benching him if it makes the team better. Thank goodness that doesn't have to happen.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's great to hear from Seahawk fans across the country. If any of you get a chance to attend a home game, do it. And bring a healthy set of lungs and vocal chords. :)

Badgers22

Reaction score
Only reason I check out these boards is because of Wilson. Gives me another game to watch every week now too.

Stuje1

Reaction score
I became a Hawks fan through Wilson. I'm a die-hard Badger fan and love watching former Badgers in the NFL. We haven't had a starting QB in the NFL for as long as I can remember (if not ever?), so I have been particularly excited about Wilson. Seattle also had Maragos and Moffitt, two other former Badgers, so that was another plus. I never really had an NFL team to follow since I grew up in between a bunch of NFL teams and never latched on to one. I love football though and so i really wanted a team to cheer for week in and week out and am really glad to have adopted the Seahawks as my team now. I am on the boards daily, I watch every Seahawks game (thanks to Sunday ticket I purchased for that express purpose), have bought some new hawks gear and have got to attended a road game this year (and expect me to be in the stands in Hawks gear if they end up in Green Bay!). Although I started watching for Wilson, I am now a full fledged 12th Man and can't wait to follow the team for years to come! Hope to make it out to the CLink sometime next year!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I must say...this is an awesome thread. And thanks to this forum, I was rooting for Wilson to be picked by the Seahawks. I'm not too big on college ball but I got to see some highlights of RW when it was posted on here a couple months before the draft. Fell in love with how he played the game. Same thing with Turbin-thanks to .Net posters posting highlights of him, I was also rooting for him in the draft. Crazy how 2 of the guys .Net chose to highlight became a member of the Seahawks. Gotta love this site.

aawolf

Reaction score
LawHawk":2pcpswb9 said:
Jeez, Hauschka too? We are the NC State and Utah State all stars.
Don't forget Koren Robinson. LOL--so much potential before alcoholism got the better of him. :thirishdrinkers:

Also, Sean Locklear, now with the Giants, but drafted by Seattle and starting Tackle for Seattle in 2005.

redhawk253

Reaction score
i was a wilson fan since the first game i saw him play my seminoles... he tore us apart and did much of the squeaking n twisting by oncoming d linemen then completing ridiculous passes like the one to sydney on the sidelines last weekend.. he ate us alive everytime we played them and that first day he did i stated i hope the seahawks take a look at this kid when he goes to the draft in a couple years.. he's going to be overlooked because of his height but hes got game... when it was leading up to our pick in the 3rd round during the draft and they kept showing wilson couple picks prior to our pick i started getting really excited and i jumped off the couch and ran around the room to my room mates dismay when we got him (he was a flynn guy) we made a bet on who would be starting the most games this season for the hawks.. he's had to drive and pay gas on our hunting trips all season hahahhahahahha

grizrgood

Reaction score
Blitzfan":3q1yx843 said:
Hey, people take all kinds of different paths in their journey to become a 12. The more the merrier I say! Glad to have you on board.

Well said!

This is a great thread, nice to hear from everyone. I always follow players from my two favorite college teams (U of Washington & U of Montana) and become a bit of a fan of the teams that they are on until we play them of course!!

Latest posts