pete plans on keeping ET on punt return

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Cartire":11gynkt1 said:
chris98251":11gynkt1 said:
Cartire":11gynkt1 said:
All these couch coaches that know more then Carroll. And somehow knew ET was going to fumble.

Seriously, get off your couches and go tell PC and Paul Allen you got this. You are wasting your gifts here on .net.

I see it as a valid concern, this whole forum is about discussing decisions made by players and the staff. Using the logic in the post I assume nobody should have questioned Ruskell or Mora either about what they did?

Fair enough.

I'm more commenting on the over-reactions. Which if you read the threads right after ET had his good return in the preseason. Majority of people are happy with ET doing it. ET makes a stupid mistake. Majority of people don't want him returning.

Just to much over-reaction.

Many people had a problem with this from the start, Including myself.
He doesnt look natural catching the ball, doesnt move like an offensive player, and probably is not used to protecting himself as an offensive player has learned to do slowly over a period of years.

Not to mention if he got hurt because of this, with your already decimated backups in the secondary.

It boggles my mind that we just dont use Harvin or one of the WRs we have on the roster for this.

Every coach has his weaknesses, and I think we are seeing one of Carrolls very FEW weaknesses.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":304fhz6w said:
I hope we go into overtime in San Francisco on Thanksgiving evening and we stop the 49ers, and they punt to Earl who takes it to the house for the win in overtime just to shut some whiny mouths up around here.

Assuming Earl learns when to call for a fair catch pretty soon, that is.
Seems to me your the one getting bent out of shape and whining. Merely stating an opinion is hardly whining.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Cartire":3jqxko4p said:
Natethegreat":3jqxko4p said:
I don't know about that. I have been against ET returning punts all along. I just don't see the upside to it at all. He does not look god fielding punts at all and no matter what anyone says it is an injury risk for him. Not to mention Walters looked more than capable returning punts.

He has just as much chance at injury when he's playing safety. He already plays a gunner on half the return packages. And has for a long time. 4 extra plays does not raise the threshold noticeably at all. And like Pete says, you play the best man. Pete's seen far more film on Thomas during practice then we have by a large margin. If ET really is the most dynamic at the position, he would be the guy to see it.

I'm prepared to give this experiment a second before losing my mind. Pete has earned my confidence, I'm gonna let it play out for a bit.

The point it that it DOES increases his chance for injury, when all we really need is someone to fair catch the ball , or run in only obvious situations for this amazing offense.

The risk of injury is increased because he is such an intense player, and because he doesnt have the fluid movement and protective ability that an offensive player will have at this level.

This mistake is on the level of trading a 3rd round pick for Whitehhurst. Its a rare mistake from Carroll.

grizbob

Reaction score
From where I'm sitting the koolaid is still sweeter than ever, so I'm just going relax and enjoy it :179422:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete will figure out who the team's best PR is so I am not concerned.

It may take a couple of games but by week 5 (after our bye), the PR will be finalized.