Pete Carroll covering up and taking the blame for Russ

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Geno wouldn't have won either.

Though I would rather see what a healthy Wilson looks like before passing judgment.

He looks off to me.

Tokadub

Reaction score
chris98251":n5m0jbuk said:
John63":n5m0jbuk said:
TwistedHusky":n5m0jbuk said:
The reason to get rid of Pete is to see if someone else can win with Wilson and do a better job of it.

If Wilson isn't good and won't be for a while - which looks to be the case, not sure the case for getting rid of Pete.

The sad thing is with the falloff of Wilson, the best player on our team is now Metcalf.

And Metcalf is basically a home run hitter with a terrible batting average.

Well I would argue the best player after Wilson is Lockett. That said still think Wilson will be okay. Its his 2nd game back after missing over a month, and played better today than last week.

And how long has McCoy been warming a bench to come in and dissect our defense and play well, Wilson was also out every day shadow playing and doing reps, he was also involved in pre game, meetings, film study.

In fact you had a big post about how fantastic it was he was doing all these things.

So Rust? $h!t. He had 4 quarters last week to knock that off failing there also for about the same reasons.

I do agree the "rust" argument is total BS.

If you are a great athlete what you do is like riding a bike. You don't forget how to do it all the sudden.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1l33h06u said:
Geno wouldn't have won either.

Though I would rather see what a healthy Wilson looks like before passing judgment.

He looks off to me.

I agree, we will have to see.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Carroll is showing some bad judgement and a lack of leadership right now. Continuing to let Russell Wilson play in his condition is asinine. Wilson has been inaccurate, he's not been able to drive the ball down field. His signature deep ball has been turned into ducks with no drive on them. He can't operate the offense in its full capacity due to his finger, he has to spend a lot of time in the pistol formation.

Wilson should not be out there, end of story. He's not offering anything that Geno Smith can't offer us right at this moment. Playing with that injury can also lengthen the recovery time.

keasley45

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":cds0q0eu said:
Carroll is showing some bad judgement and a lack of leadership right now. Continuing to let Russell Wilson play in his condition is asinine. Wilson has been inaccurate, he's not been able to drive the ball down field. His signature deep ball has been turned into ducks with no drive on them. He can't operate the offense in its full capacity due to his finger, he has to spend a lot of time in the pistol formation.

Wilson should not be out there, end of story. He's not offering anything that Geno Smith can't offer us right at this moment. Playing with that injury can also lengthen the recovery time.

There's no condition other than the one Russ has had forever.

But agree. He should be pulled. McCoy has rarely started in th last 5 years, yet can come off thr bench and read plays, no problem. But our franchise qb who had never not started his entire career, save for 3 games, is too rusty now to perform?

xray

Reaction score
No excuses please . The Wilson/Carroll marriage is over . One or both have to go . Beyond caring at this point anyway .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1n5k2zwv said:
During these unprecedented times, Pete Carroll is doing what many coaches do in these circumstances by covering up for his players issues when speaking to the media.The fact is he and many witnessing what is happening know that Russ right now is the main issue. It’s interesting because for a number of years it was the opposite where Russ was covering up (by his incredible play on the field) for poor coaching and an insufficient offensive line.

Whatever the case, Pete is protecting Russ as he should but I know it’s eating at him.

Coaching an NFL team is not much different than being a manager for a company. You take full responsibility for your team's lack of execution and you either need to A) Change your strategy so your team can execute B) Fire non executing employees and get it ones who will C) Motivate your employees so they do execute.

Pete is doing nothing but trying option C. He has rarely opts for A or B, if he ever does A it's for a game or two and the second an egg gets broken in the process of making a potential omelet, he reverts. B) he also takes way too long to do. And no GOOD Manager/coach is going to stand there and publicly blame their employees for the lack of execution that's the quickest sign of shitty leadership in my opinion.

Like you all realize that when Pete gives pressers, that's no different than a CEO giving an earnings call to shareholders. We as fans are shareholders and investors for this team, we're season ticket holders, we buy merchandise, we buy tickets to games, etc. etc. etc. Could you imagine a CEO saying crap like "Oh yeah we didn't hit our earnings estimates because well my employees are just stubborn, they wont' follow my strategy or they can't execute it" or "man...our competitors just did something different we didn't expect or the damn economy just isn't playing fair (refs)". That would be the stupidest thing ever, and the reality is..well get new employees, get new managers, change your strategy and hit your numbers (in this case WINS) or GTFO. The NFL is no different.

At this point the responsibility now falls on the ownership and they now have to make the same choices of A-C above. Usually option B, find a new manager/leader/coach to get it done.

And of course there is always option D) QUIT/Retire/Sell The Team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All I know is I keep hearing the same red flag statements out of Pete's mouth with each mounting loss.

I don't recognize this team
I don't understand what's wrong
We were prepared
We felt good about our gameplan

On and on, same confused statements with no solutions. THAT'S what should alarm every Hawk fan, and should alarm Jody Allen.........if your head coach keeps losing, and can't figure out why and how to fix it?

Time to go.

John63

Reaction score
Still waiting for proof he is taking blame for Wilson. So far none

hoxrox

Reaction score
If you listen to Lockett's post game presser, he was covering up for Russ. The reporter asked, why the struggles on 3rd down?

Lockett said, "The biggest thing is when we watch film, we see what's there. It's just us being able to make those plays, so we can move the sticks."

In other words, there's guys open. They're just not executing. But he's not throwing anyone under the bus.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":278ogf9f said:
If you listen to Lockett's post game presser, he was covering up for Russ. The reporter asked, why the struggles on 3rd down?

Lockett said, "The biggest thing is when we watch film, we see what's there. It's just us being able to make those plays, so we can move the sticks."

In other words, there's guys open. They're just not executing. But he's not throwing anyone under the bus.

That's your opinion what he means. Holmgren was just on radio saying the problem is people are not running routes right. He pointed to a 3rd down were Swain was suppose to run toward the line to take a CB, but instead he beveled in bringing the CB to were the primary wr was. So again u are assuming what u think something mean that's not proof.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Remember that in the new CBA padded practices are only 2.5 hours, and the total number of padded practices was reduced all the way down to just 16 during the entire off-season. During the regular season there are only 14 total padded practices allowed during the season - less than one per week.

That's a big reason why I think there are still question marks around this offense and room for potential improvement. Is it really that surprising that both Russ and the receivers (and the OL) may be on the wrong page? At the end of this season they will have less total practice time in a new offense than previous teams would have had prior to their first game.

Walkthroughs are simply nowhere near equivalent, especially with the kind of issues we've been seeing with this year. It's the difference between talking about what you would theoretically do in a situation and having experience actually doing it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hoxrox":2rx2ht98 said:

Can translate into angry Doug Baldwin speak please?