One underrated Hawks free agent that we need to bring back

Tical21

Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, as JeanPierre does carry some importance, but I think both Mc's might price themelves out if they get any kind of decent contracts. I think the one guy I would like to see us find a way to bring back is Schofield. Whether or not we move Irvin back to DE, Schofield makes a pretty solid #4 LB (look at how much we used our Super Bowl MVP #4 LB this year), as well as a backup LEO and situational pass rusher. Should come pretty cheap. The toughest part might be convincing him that a backup role on our team is better than a shot to contend for a starting role elsewhere.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tical21":2xambmi0 said:
I think the one guy I would like to see us find a way to bring back is Schofield. Whether or not we move Irvin back to DE, Schofield makes a pretty solid #4 LB (look at how much we used our Super Bowl MVP #4 LB this year), as well as a backup LEO and situational pass rusher. Should come pretty cheap. The toughest part might be convincing him that a backup role on our team is better than a shot to contend for a starting role elsewhere.

I'd like to keep Schofield, too. Incredibly versatile and plays special teams. Can play every-down LEO in a pinch and would be a good hedge for 2015 when we inevitably lose Malcolm Smith and/or KJ Wright. I imagine he'll be inexpensive since he made it through almost the entire waiver wire after Arizona cut him. Plus, he's been hidden on our depth chart for most of the year. Hopefully, other teams weren't paying enough attention.

Jville

Reaction score
Good day for centers. Contract extensions in both Philly and San Fran as well as a resign in Chicago.

Eagles signed C Jason Kelce to a six-year, $37.5 million extension.