Oh The Humanity! A Seahawk Tragedy!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Damn, you guys are masochists. Why the hell would you want to discuss and relive any of this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
it's dot negative/dot everything sucks......so there is that. Waste of time and energy dredging up negative crap.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Damn, you guys are masochists. Why the hell would you want to discuss and relive any of this.
To serve as a reminder of our past.

Every climb up the mountain deserves a look back to see the carnage that was left behind, as the summit draws closer with every step.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was at 49, happened right in front of me, no need to re live that crap. Especially that defense giving up a 10 point lead in the 4th. Oh wait, that didn't actually happen. :ROFLMAO:

Jac

Reaction score
Ken Behring buying the Seahawks to move to Anaheim to be named the Blackhawks. Yes we ended up with Paul buying us, but we suffered a decade before then. Then the debacle of the first Superbowl, the Pass that should not have been in our third, Curts injury, Easleys condition that forced his career to end due to bad medical directions from the Seahawks, Davids Sims Injury, kid never got a chance to even get rolling, looked good in his initial playing. Losing Hutch should not have ever happened, Ruskell getting cute and trying to one up Holmgren about who's the boss. I can see how Hutch was a bit pissed and signed with the Vikings, sad it came to that.
I was going to say this. If I recall, they actually "moved". They weren't just talking about it. They may have even been in the process of trucking some weightlifting equipment down. The NFL had to get involved and essentially said you can't just make the decision to move to LA on your own. I forget the details exactly, but I do know that this was probably the darkest time I remember.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Getting 2 first rounds for him later were nice though.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I saw that. I didn't do the research on it. Thanks.

Not a tragedy in itself, in regards to the real tragedies in the thread. but the 90's were.

Mase

Reaction score
There is only one true tragedy to befall this franchise.

Ken Behring....... bad calls, bad refs, bad free agent decisions, that is just football. But few teams have had a Ken F'ing Behring.

I was in my truck the day the sports station announced that he died, and I admit to cheering. But he was a Dbag outside the sportworld as well. Little fat troll.

Mase

ps -Commanders, don't miss this chance to get rid of yours.

Reactions: FPD

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The fact that Billy Joe went ahead of Brunell was mind boggling but Brunell lost his job due to injury. Always thought he was the better quarterback at UDUB

evergreen

Reaction score
The Interception (Superbowl 49)

Trading for Jamal Adams

We want the ball and we're gonna score

Hutchinson Poison pill

Crime of the century: Superbowl XL

Collapse vs Ravens November 23, 2003

Vinny Testaverde Helmet gate December 6, 1998 (the play that instigated instant replay)

Goal line failure vs Rams Wild card round 2004 season
That’s a good list. That Ravens game in 2003 was weird. We were good that year. Almost 12-4 good. The refs stopped the game/clock essentially giving them four time outs. We were also coming back on St Louis when a ref took out our receiver in the end zone on a potentially last minute game winner.

Biggest loser was not getting Warren Moon when he left the CFL around 1984. We would’ve been a dynasty.

I’d put losing to the Falcons when we were the best team and we came back just to let them get into field goal range. We could’ve just held them and given up five yards while killing the clock.

Also we never got NE to run a play from the one foot line in 49. It wasn’t really over till Bennet went off sides.

Not activating Burley for 49.

Big Ben rolling over and landing on 27 taking him out of the game. His replacement 28 gives up both second half tds.

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Naw, the call was fine, especially given the time-and-timeouts-remaining situation. The personnel was wrong for that play, however, and the throw was awful. I'll stick with the way I expressed it.
Sorry can't agree with you here. It's 2nd and goal from the 1 and Marshawn has rushed for 102 yards. You don't pass the ball here! You give it to Skittles and let him work his magic! If Lynch can't get it done on 2nd or 3rd down (highly unlikely since he was gashing the Pats D) then you roll Wilson out to his right and throw it on 4th down or run it in.

Reactions: FPD

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Sorry can't agree with you here. It's 2nd and goal from the 1 and Marshawn has rushed for 102 yards. You don't pass the ball here! You give it to Skittles and let him work his magic! If Lynch can't get it done on 2nd or 3rd down (highly unlikely since he was gashing the Pats D) then you roll Wilson out to his right and throw it on 4th down or run it in.

Running on second and third wasn't going to happen, much less running on second and third and then having a fourth-down play. The Seahawks only had one time out and there were 26 seconds left on the clock when the ball was snapped on second down. They could really only run once.

Edited to add: the idea, and it's the same one I think any head coach would have, was to pass on second down. If it's incomplete, that stops the clock, and then you can run on third down and even if you don't make it there, you've still got the one time out to stop the clock and let you try anything on fourth down. The problem is that Wilson threw it where only Butler could catch it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Running on second and third wasn't going to happen, much less running on second and third and then having a fourth-down play. The Seahawks only had one time out and there were 26 seconds left on the clock when the ball was snapped on second down. They could really only run once.

Edited to add: the idea, and it's the same one I think any head coach would have, was to pass on second down. If it's incomplete, that stops the clock, and then you can run on third down and even if you don't make it there, you've still got the one time out to stop the clock and let you try anything on fourth down. The problem is that Wilson threw it where only Butler could catch it.
There was close to a minute left when the ball was spotted, iirc. Could easily have time to run three plays if need. Passing is a fine option, as you say, there was just nothing about that playcall that was right though. And you can't say the play call was fine and also say the personnel wasn't right for the play. They are mutually exclusive. No play action because Lynch was motioned out of the backfield and no use of Wilson't mobility. PA bootleg was the proper call there, since everybody and their mother expected Lynch to get the ball. Super easy to sail the ball out of the end zone if there's nothing there and Wilson couldn't run it in. Forty seconds left and a timeout, can still run on 3rd if needed.