Offseason thread 2023-24

beastalamode

Reaction score
Your post above is spot-on.

I've read the people on FB and other Mariner groups talking - seriously talking - about the M's getting Ohtani.

The are lost. And I will honeslty, say, dumb.

M's fans are gullible suckers who don't know much about baseball in particular nor the Mariners, specifically.

And I still give the disclaimer that I'm a casual follower of the M's and baseball.
And the rangers sweep Baltimore. Are we supposed to be surprised when you look at the payroll of both teams? I've been talking about ohtani just because that pretty much what it would take for me the drop money on the mariners next year

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
And the rangers sweep Baltimore. Are we supposed to be surprised when you look at the payroll of both teams? I've been talking about ohtani just because that pretty much what it would take for me the drop money on the mariners next year
Your money is safe because that isn't happening we were told 54% is just fine and be patient.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
I like how Jose Abreu was trash with CHI but goes to HOU and is now contributing. That's coaching. All coaching.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pathetic season. Pathetic ending. Despite their winning record hands down the most frustrating and disappointing season in recent memory.

1. Fix the bottom half of the line up.
2. Get coaches who don't just sit back do nothing while the team strikes out in record numbers.

Anything else?
Don't stress we will 87 games guaranteed. All Dipshito had to say was the goal is 57% guaranteed what a ******* tool. Everyone knows 90 wins is the minimum. 95 wins is the actual goal.

Last edited:

Vesuve

Reaction score
I NOW CALL THEM....THE 51.6% Mariners.

And perhaps Dipoto was speaking to ownership, as some speculated, trying to make a case for continued patience. He's fallen short of his goal of winning at a 54% clip, with a 51.6% winning mark over eight seasons at the helm in Seattle.

ryank24

Reaction score
I heard Dipoto on sports radio the morning after that press conference and he clarified his 54% comment. Over the last 55 years or so, there have been 29 teams that won at least 54% of their games every season for 10 straight years, and 26 of them played in the World Series. That number isn’t a target, that’s where the bar is set. It’s about sustained success.

Obviously I’m not satisfied just missing the playoffs and a second round exit for the last 3 seasons, but it beats the hell out of losing 90 games a season. The team has been competitive 3 years in a row, and the core of the team is still fairly young, there’s no reason we shouldn’t continue to be competitive moving forward. Hopefully we can add a few pieces and push this team into WS contention instead of just playoff contention. And there’s no way Dipoto is the one advocating for bargain bin shopping…if ownership told him he could increase payroll by $80m, does anybody really think he’d tell them no thanks?

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Stephen Vogt left the staff to take the Cleveland job. Serviais will probably keep all his guys around. Joke.

Free agency as begun. Can't wait to see all the cringe group of mariner fans continue to suck up to this joke franchise. Ms are a literal farm for other teams. They ain't gonna do anything this off season. Prove us wrong Stanton, or go away.

Ms did not make a qualifying offer to Teo. He's a free agent.

Xxx

Reaction score
Stephen Vogt left the staff to take the Cleveland job. Serviais will probably keep all his guys around. Joke.

Free agency as begun. Can't wait to see all the cringe group of mariner fans continue to suck up to this joke franchise. Ms are a literal farm for other teams. They ain't gonna do anything this off season. Prove us wrong Stanton, or go away.

Ms did not make a qualifying offer to Teo. He's a free agent.
That’s stupid, we should have kept teo

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dipsh**poto, the kind of leftovers. Excuse me while I yawn some more.........
Season after season, same....old....crap.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Mariners claim they want to win, yet they blatantly refuse to do what Texas just did. You're either all in or you're not.

sutz

Reaction score
Exactly. I love them, always will. But I honestly don't believe one word that dipSH**poto has to say.
From the article in the Times this morning, DiPoto didn't say much of anything. What's not to believe? ;)

Latest posts