Offseason thread 2023-24

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Typical M's (Dipoto/Hollander, who is Dipoto's puppet) offseason trade: Picking up a light hitting infielder from the Red Sox, Luis Urias, for a solid reliever Isaiah Campbell.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Yeah I can't figure that one out at all. Plus I think I saw he's going to get over 4 million in arbitration this year as well lol

acctingman

Reaction score
The Mariners will never, ever spend this kind of money. The Mariners (this ownership group) will never win a WS becasue that is not thier goal, not their #1 goal which is to make a profit.

Chapow

Reaction score
I guess Otheni isn't coming.

He was never going to come here, that was always a pipe dream. He wants to play for a top tier franchise that's willing to do what it takes, and spend what it takes, to compete for World Series championships. The Mariners are the polar opposite of that and everyone knows it. They don't care about winning. They only care about profits.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The M’s can officially F off…

They need to trade Julio so he doesn’t have to suffer this trash organization any longer than he already has.

Chapow

Reaction score
The M’s can officially F off…

They never had a chance to sign him. He doesn't want to play for a loser franchise that doesn't care about winning.

They need to trade Julio so he doesn’t have to suffer this trash organization any longer than he already has.

Julio is going to get Felix'd. Stuck in baseball purgatory for his entire career (or the vast majority of it). They like to have a star player to keep fans showing up, but they'll never surround him with a good enough team to do anything but challenge for that 3rd WC spot every once in a while if they overachieve a bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I just don’t even care about the team anymore. Was going to ask for a M’s jersey but just canceled it. Not going to upgrade for the root package. Won’t be going to the games. Hopefully other fans choose to do the same.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Gurriel Jr resigns with ARZ. He would have been perfect for Ms.

Current wishlist:
Rhys Hoskins
Josh Naylor
JD Martinez

Last edited:

beastalamode

Reaction score
The Mariners will never, ever spend this kind of money. The Mariners (this ownership group) will never win a WS becasue that is not thier goal, not their #1 goal which is to make a profit.
I think most mariner fans accept that winning isn't the ownerships goal but that winning is #2. I'm beginning to believe that they absolutely do NOT want a team that will win 95 games because that might lead to the team making the playoffs multiple years, and if that happens, fans expectations will go up which is something this ownership group is adamantly against. They like fans that will reach a high level of satisfaction with a wildcard birth every 4 to 5 years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Are the M’s even trying to win? It seems more like the goal is to win 80 games, and nothing else

Chapow

Reaction score
Are the M’s even trying to win? It seems more like the goal is to win 80 games, and nothing else

80 wins would be a miracle with our current roster. We have replacement level players at 5 or 6 spots in the lineup right now.