Offseason thread 2023-24

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pathetic season. Pathetic ending. Despite their winning record hands down the most frustrating and disappointing season in recent memory.

1. Fix the bottom half of the line up.
2. Get coaches who don't just sit back do nothing while the team strikes out in record numbers.

Anything else?

Welshers2

Reaction score
Pathetic season. Pathetic ending. Despite their winning record hands down the most frustrating and disappointing season in recent memory.

2. Get coaches who don't just sit back do nothing while the team strikes out in record numbers.

Anything else?
clean house. fire everyone. keep JP and Julio and burn the rest of it down

calinator

Reaction score
3 years in a row of this. Thankfully they broke the drought last year but going 18 innings with no runs in the last game should be resonating. I have this feeling Dipoto is being handcuffed about spending but obviously won't say it. It's just sad because the pieces are there and a lot of talent in the rotation, 2 good bats and this team would probably be elite.

Xxx

Reaction score

Anything else?
Fire Dipoto
Let me be gm

acctingman

Reaction score

Anything else?
New ownership. Until then, nothing will change

Xxx

Reaction score
Cal blamed ownership. Said go out and spend. Any non casual knows it was the owner and not the manager. You can only do so much.
Cal is the leader and he lives for this team like he owns it, same with Scott servais I like servais, and I think his players will follow him. I think servais will also get better as he keeps going, he is a rookie. Dipoto…. Dipoto though. He is no rookie. This is not his first train wrec…ride. I don’t think he can improve his trading skills. He only has good trades because of sheer volume, or he overpays. I don’t think he is appealing to free agents, but our ownership is also part of that issue, honestly, I think servais actually is a saving grace with free agents. I say trade Dipoto and find a rookie gm that can build a relationship with servais and these players and start treating players like a family and not a commodity. Whoa… my bad for the rant

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cal is the leader and he lives for this team like he owns it, same with Scott servais I like servais, and I think his players will follow him. I think servais will also get better as he keeps going, he is a rookie. Dipoto…. Dipoto though. He is no rookie. This is not his first train wrec…ride. I don’t think he can improve his trading skills. He only has good trades because of sheer volume, or he overpays. I don’t think he is appealing to free agents, but our ownership is also part of that issue, honestly, I think servais actually is a saving grace with free agents. I say trade Dipoto and find a rookie gm that can build a relationship with servais and these players and start treating players like a family and not a commodity. Whoa… my bad for the rant
Ownership is the major problem though. Dipoto can’t get top tier FA talent if John Stanton isn’t willing to sign the big checks. Let me remind everyone that there is NO salary cap in baseball.

Xxx

Reaction score
Ohtani to Seattle or LAD.

Trade Woo/JK for Soto as last yr before FA for soto
Ownership is the major problem though. Dipoto can’t get top tier FA talent if John Stanton isn’t willing to sign the big checks. Let me remind everyone that there is NO salary cap in baseball.
Maybe they will get ohtani

Xxx

Reaction score
That would help. Don’t see a cheapo like Stanton doing that though.
It doesn’t seem like something they would do, but the front office could really redeem themselves with me if they pulled it off. I was really shocked when we signed Robinson cano, though it didn’t result in the playoffs. At least back then I was surprised that they got someone so high profile. So maybe we could get ohtani. I felt that way about Robbie Ray too though and I think we got fleeced

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
People need to cut Dipoto some slack. He's the first guy to improve the organization top to bottom since the 90s. Mariners fans are so used to being out of the playoff race by June that they don't know how to handle a team that's playoff-caliber but not a sure-thing. Missing the playoffs by a game or two is what happens to teams at our current level sometimes.
As for Dipoto's press conference, I actually liked the things that others hated. The average normie is too emotional and not analytical enough to run a franchise. I'd rather have a nerd who can't relate to normies than a normie who can't relate to nerds.

Last edited: