Offseason thread 2023-24

sutz

Reaction score
Don't know about percentages but two trades that stayed that come to mind are JP Crawford and Castillo. 🤷‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Zero interest in anything Dipoto has to say. It's all blah blah blah lies blah blah blah.

Satisfied with Average.

Xxx

Reaction score

Well, 240 something trades and this guy lists 5 good ones. Ty France, Jared Kelenic, Castillo, JP, and winker and Suarez. Haniger was a pretty good one too, but for injuries.

Some of his trades are good I guess cause a what he got rid of… Robinson cano, winker.. but he dumped toro with winker who was supposed to be the “great return” for Kendal graveman. Don’t forget how Diego Castillo was supposed to make the graveman trade make more sense… yeah he got dfa’d

Msfann

Reaction score
When do we raise the Jerry made a couple good trades banner and put it next to the 1995 banner and 2001 banner?

Reactions: Xxx

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Remember that the M’s org were against a SODO arena for the Sonics to return and the NHL coming here originally. They are more worried about competition for the Seattle sports dollar, than competing for championships on the field.

They are so ignorant in their ways they don’t realize how much money they’d make with a World Series appearance. They’d be printing money.
But, that would mean they’d have to take a financial risk, gasp!

Xxx

Reaction score
Remember that the M’s org were against a SODO arena for the Sonics to return and the NHL coming here originally. They are more worried about competition for the Seattle sports dollar, than competing for championships on the field.

They are so ignorant in their ways they don’t realize how much money they’d make with a World Series appearance. They’d be printing money.
But, that would mean they’d have to take a financial risk, gasp!
Wow good point

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If your goal is to win 87 games a year good luck in getting to the playoffs most years and don't ever think about making it to the World Series let alone winning it.

Just sell the team to somebody that actually cares about more then lining their own pockets at the cost of being a true contender.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, sell the damn team to someone who cares about winning. This franchise is a joke. Satisfied with average.......for decades.
Even the players are starting to chime in. I hope more do.

Vesuve

Reaction score
No doubt, sell the damn team to someone who cares about winning. This franchise is a joke. Satisfied with average.......for decades.
Even the players are starting to chime in. I hope more do.
For years people have said current and previous ownership only cared about profits. After Dipoto’s comments he’s even worse than a used car salesman.

Msfann

Reaction score
Nobody here but in general Mariners fans have the memory of goldfish and this seems to be mostly forgotten now. Now we're seeing fans already talking again about signing Ohtani. Its like wtf haven't you been paying attention to this team? Dipoto is going dumpster diving for MLB players again.

Julio is the exception because they team allows for one big contract as a money draw.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Nobody here but in general Mariners fans have the memory of goldfish and this seems to be mostly forgotten now. Now we're seeing fans already talking again about signing Ohtani. Its like wtf haven't you been paying attention to this team? Dipoto is going dumpster diving for MLB players again.
Your post above is spot-on.

I've read the people on FB and other Mariner groups talking - seriously talking - about the M's getting Ohtani.

The are lost. And I will honeslty, say, dumb.

M's fans are gullible suckers who don't know much about baseball in particular nor the Mariners, specifically.

And I still give the disclaimer that I'm a casual follower of the M's and baseball.