Official quote from saints forums

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":k9d6phlk said:
Our QB barely threw for 100 yards against a banged up defense.

Our offense could barely get into the opponent's 40 without being placed there by our own defense.

And we came close to letting them get right back into the end zone after they recovered the onsides kick.

I would say their observation is spot on.

The only impressive part of the team this week was the defense and unless this team fixes the problems (locking Bevell in a car trunk for the weekend of the next playoff game?) we are going to have issues.

It was the closest thing to a choke win that I have seen in a while and the closest way to win and still feel like a loss.

It was a brutal realization that a glaring problem with this team might not be fixable without a crossbow. Our offensive players have to play well enough to overcome their own OC.

You don't think the Saints fans do not see that too?

I guarantee the Niners and Panthers fans do.
You really need to change your meds, guess how New England won yesterday?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30kuk3jd said:

Our offense could barely get into the opponent's 40 without being placed there by our own defense.

And we came close to letting them get right back into the end zone after they recovered the onsides kick.

The only impressive part of the team this week was the defense and unless this team fixes the problems (locking Bevell in a car trunk for the weekend of the next playoff game?) we are going to have issues.

It was the closest thing to a choke win that I have seen in a while and the closest way to win and still feel like a loss.

It was a brutal realization that a glaring problem with this team might not be fixable without a crossbow. Our offensive players have to play well enough to overcome their own OC.

Daytomann

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":tpq1uz6e said:
"Not really impressed with the hawks... we did everything to give the game away and almost won... I think you guys get shredded next week"

THE BUTTHURT IS STRONG IN THEIR FORUM

Yeah there's some butthurt there but the statement is not too far off. A win is a win but....if your an honest Seahawk fan then you'll know that the statement has some truth to it. Our offense has regressed. Our defense can only do so much for so long. An honest Seahawk fan will also know that if we have to play the Niners next week, we will get shredded. But with this finicky b!tch known as football, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I just hope our offense can miraculously click next week.

Daytomann

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2fipttzu said:
TwistedHusky":2fipttzu said:

Point taken but how will it work for the Patriots against better competition next week??? We are in the same situation.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Daytomann":10cm15ut said:
Point taken but how will it work for the Patriots against better competition next week??? We are in the same situation.

Actually the Patriots are probably going on the road next week...so not really.

sutz

Reaction score
Daytomann":dytbqyu1 said:
KCHawkGirl":dytbqyu1 said:
TwistedHusky":dytbqyu1 said:

Frankly, it's a basic strategy that travels much better than a precision passing game. :229031_shrug:

themunn

Reaction score
Hawks46":9sls3k22 said:
we've almost comletely forgotten what a screen pass is, and our half time offensive adjustments are ridiculously bad. Who would hire him ?

blah blah blah blah
i presume you have forgotten about the attempted screen that was stuffed for a loss, and the other where Wilson didn't bother to pull the trigger and instead ran up the middle for no gain?

If Bevell kept calling them with the same result the narrative would be "he keeps calling these ineffective screens", and they ARE ineffective, because I've yet to see a screen play actually do any serious damage for us. you have to keep calling them to keep defenses honest, but there's no point in using them regularly because they are probably our least effective offensive tool