Official quote from saints forums

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Blitzer88":31z4dm2o said:
Well if our offense doesn't improve at all that Saints fan could very well be right. Bevell, Russell and the rest of the offense have a lot to figure out for next week.

I agree bro, but we won. Hope the stress level goes down a notch. Our Seahawks continue to win. Be happy and joyous. Just a thought.

McGruff

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":nthdv581 said:
Our QB barely threw for 100 yards against a banged up defense.

Our offense could barely get into the opponent's 40 without being placed there by our own defense.

And we came close to letting them get right back into the end zone after they recovered the onsides kick.

I would say their observation is spot on.

We dropped multiple first down passes.

We dropped two easy interceptions. One of which was caught for a long game.

We had an easy kick recovery bounce off of our best WR's hands.

If you ask me, we are the ones who tried to give them the game, not the other way around.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Sorry 'bout your tude, go shine your "ring" and and take a sip of shuddup!

HawkHack

Reaction score
As frustrating as the game was, we had a lot of breaks go against us ... the shoulda-been Saints fumble; several shoulda-been interceptions (one of which led to a huge gain for them). To overcome those and still win -- hey, I'll take it.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
HawkHack":6pat3iuz said:
As frustrating as the game was, we had a lot of breaks go against us ... the shoulda-been Saints fumble; several shoulda-been interceptions (one of which led to a huge gain for them). To overcome those and still win -- hey, I'll take it.
That and the ET tip for the longest passing play of the game to setup their last TD.

lsheldon

Reaction score
This from the wife beater Alaskasaints on blackandgold.com. And he calls us classless.

If they weren't so classless I'd be onboard, but I'm not… they are CLASSLESS.

If they get to the big show, I hope they LOSE.

Alaska

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Who cares? The Hawks won despite some crazy football gods shit going on. They got a TD off a fluke play that changed the field 60 yards and then the Hawks gave them the middle of the field with no timeouts and essentially gave them a scoring drive. There only relevant score happened because of Brees had 2 Seahawks trying for the ball. Yeah, that was impressive.

I wonder what they weren't impressed with, was it the fact that Big Jimmy had a single catch, the very limited production by Sproles? Or maybe it was the pass to Baldwin that was followed up by a TD run to Lynch when they needed a stop.

Funny, I read one comment about how much better Brees' stats were than last time because the Hawks got up 23-8 and opened the middle up to kill clock.

Boutte

Reaction score
We did spot you a few. A fumble at the twenty, a horrible punt and we're down two scores before we worked up a sweat.

I agree the PF was a cheap shot and of course you're going to see a dirty team everytime a player makes a tough hit because you ate the bounty cheese that Goodell fed you. The Saints are not a dirty team and they never were. During that whole period that we were supposedly trying to injure people we were one of the least penalized for PFs of all teams in the league. None of this is ever going to convince you otherwise because you want to believe what you were told but if you ever want to know the truth it's all out there if you do a little home work.

I could whine about all of the illegal contact that you guys get away with but I prefer to tip my hat to your guys for toughing out a great win. I'm proud of my team for hanging tough against a great team in one of the toughest venues in the league.

Dtowers

Reaction score
LOL illegal contact. You need to open up the rule book.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":16s0cjk1 said:
Who cares? The Hawks won despite some crazy football gods shit going on. They got a TD off a fluke play that changed the field 60 yards and then the Hawks gave them the middle of the field with no timeouts and essentially gave them a scoring drive. There only relevant score happened because of Brees had 2 Seahawks trying for the ball. Yeah, that was impressive.

fail. the saints didn't even score on that drive. their kicker missed a makable field goal. you can't bring that play up if you want to justify the close scoring game.

edited for personal attack.

Polaris

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":28fo41hf said:
loafoftatupu":28fo41hf said:

fail. the saints didn't even score on that drive. their kicker missed a makable field goal. you can't bring that play up if you want to justify the close scoring game.

I'd worry about the Panther in your eye, before you comment about how we handled the Saints in ours. Just a suggestion.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Why are these garbage Niner fans still posting here? They are truly the worst fans in all of sports. They should head back to their little echo chambers like NN and Webzone and focus on the Seahawks while the 49ers play another football team altogether like they always do.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":10m7r8r2 said:
loafoftatupu":10m7r8r2 said:

edited for personal attack.

Ahh.. keep telling yourself how close it was Niner fan. You know it wasn't that close. Up 15 points, with the clock running and hardly any time left? Some extraordinary crap happened to get it there. You have your own game to worry about.

And by the way, how come an 8 point win is a close scoring game in Seattle, but in the Stick a 2 point win is a big win?

Better bring more than that to Seattle, of course there is still a game tomorrow for you huh?

Exittium

Reaction score
AlaskaSaints
Site Donor

Re: The official ***** and moan thread
We are under new ownership? (Seahawks own us, officially)

Mark Ingram now has a "fumbling problem" to go with his injury problem and lack of consistent production.

Jimmy Graham is overrated. Don't pay him. Anyone can catch the balls he catches and anyone can drop the balls he drops.

Drew Brees aint the QB he used to be, I don't care how many yards he throws for per season. Too many teams have gone to the Super Bowl without Drew Brees as their QB since we have. We are the only team in the NFC without a scrambling QB. Grow some legs, Drew. You haven't earned the pay raise since you got it. First game he EVER played with a glove on his throwing-hand… WHY? I mean, who talked you into THAT?

Sean, please BUTT OUT of offensive play. All you do is create indecision and delay of game calls. We had the ball the last 1:30 of the first half and were hot except that we had NO TIMES OUT REMAINING. Same in the last possession. Sickening. You can't execute a "hurry-up offense" if you are making 3 - 4 substitutions each play.

When was the last time Darren Sproles ran back a punt or a kick? If ever? We need a punt returner who is a threat.

Abandon the screen as a dedicated play. Allow it to happen on a broken play, but it is too predictable. It was cute during the S.B. run, but it's DONE.

We were successful at running the ball right up until we abandoned it.

When it rains, - GO OUTSIDE AND PRACTICE.

So disappointed,

Alaska

HAHAHAHA ..
on a side note I feel bad for his wife, she's prob locked in a meat storage locker now.. with the FBI doing a nation wide man hunt... and with that being said
[youtube]veOl60l28Ck[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
joeseahawks":22cymw83 said:
Can the Vikings, Lions or Browns offer Bevel a job? I have my doubts he will get a job , though. This offense has been embarrassing recently. Too few 3rd down conversions. Too predictable. Too few sustained drives. Struggling to score TDs. It is not about our offensive talent, it is about the play calling and the execution.
A few good things today: We opened lanes and we ran Lynch outside the tackles. That was the good part. The bad part ... RW forgot how to throw the ball to receivers. It was pitiful watching RW throw the ball today. However, I have to admit, he didn't get a chance to get into a rhythm, so few throws ... and I'm sure the weather had something to do with it.

I don't see why anyone would offer him a HC job. Our offense averaged 19 ppg over the stretch run of the season. Typcially we scored more in the 1st half than the 2nd. Our passing game is one massive regression, we've almost comletely forgotten what a screen pass is, and our half time offensive adjustments are ridiculously bad. Who would hire him ?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":1g0mz3p6 said:
"Not really impressed with the hawks... we did everything to give the game away and almost won... I think you guys get shredded next week"

THE BUTTHURT IS STRONG IN THEIR FORUM

Well if they are indeed unimpressed with the Seahawks, they must be ready to tar and feather Breese and Company eh? :lol:

purpleworld

Reaction score
McGruff":1b47175f said:
TwistedHusky":1b47175f said:
Our QB barely threw for 100 yards against a banged up defense.

Our offense could barely get into the opponent's 40 without being placed there by our own defense.

And we came close to letting them get right back into the end zone after they recovered the onsides kick.

I would say their observation is spot on.

We dropped multiple first down passes.

We dropped two easy interceptions. One of which was caught for a long game.

We had an easy kick recovery bounce off of our best WR's hands.

If you ask me, we are the ones who tried to give them the game, not the other way around.

Exactly....we totally DOMINATED them for 3 quarters....and we make the easy plays you note, it isn't even a game in the 4th. We played ultra-conservative on offense in the 2nd half because we were LEADING by 16 points. 30 mile an hour winds, driving rain, a slippery ball and people are wanting the Seahawks to huck the ball downfield and risk interceptions???? Totally crazy!!!! :Dunno: :141847_bnono:

I thought the idea was to WIN the game....not to make style points!!! :229031_confused2: I will enjoy this great win and eagerly look forward to the NFC Championship game next sunday! :beach:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wqsv3m3 said:
And it doesn't matter.

We had how many 1st downs in the 2nd half?

Exactly.

It doesn't matter if we can beat the Saints, we have to be good enough to beat everyone in our way and right now the biggest obstacle in our way is on our own sideline.
Yeah, them and Marshawn Lynch eh? :roll:

el capitan

Reaction score
Hawks46":ukv24kkc said:
joeseahawks":ukv24kkc said:
Can the Vikings, Lions or Browns offer Bevel a job? I have my doubts he will get a job , though. This offense has been embarrassing recently. Too few 3rd down conversions. Too predictable. Too few sustained drives. Struggling to score TDs. It is not about our offensive talent, it is about the play calling and the execution.
A few good things today: We opened lanes and we ran Lynch outside the tackles. That was the good part. The bad part ... RW forgot how to throw the ball to receivers. It was pitiful watching RW throw the ball today. However, I have to admit, he didn't get a chance to get into a rhythm, so few throws ... and I'm sure the weather had something to do with it.

I don't see why anyone would offer him a HC job. Our offense averaged 19 ppg over the stretch run of the season. Typcially we scored more in the 1st half than the 2nd. Our passing game is one massive regression, we've almost comletely forgotten what a screen pass is, and our half time offensive adjustments are ridiculously bad. Who would hire him ?

There is a reason that the Vikings, Lions and Browns suck every year. I wouldn't put it past one of them to look at our 13-3 record and make him their HC.