Not Blaming The D

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
However, Geno isn't in the same stratosphere as Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Brees, Brady, Manning etc. Those guys are winners who have won huge games their entire career's and are VERY good QB's. Geno is average, that has been shown time and time again.
Manning....? Remember SB 48, best o v best D?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The first part of this quote I’d just say over emotion about the loss because the saying ‘defense wins championships’ has been proven time and time again. Just look at 48 when we took out one of the NFLs all time best offenses with a spanking as bad as what happened to us Sunday.

Then I read the second part of the statement and it all makes sense. This is just proving your personal bias so it must be true.

I think everyone knows that Geno has had some struggles lately but he still is one of the most accurate passers in the league. Personally I think what we (and Geno specifically) need to succeed is for us to get back to pounding the rock to set up the pass. Even run failures can help set up the pass if you are sticking to the run. Problem is even in success ( see Browns game) we are still choosing passing plays over running plays way too much and way too early.
team sport. Geno needs a running game and a clean pocket to succeed. He is now officially a turnover machine with 8 in the last 4 games. If that trend continues nothing good will happen. You can't win when you average more turnovers than TD's. Right now, thats who Geno is.

kidhawk

Reaction score
One bad game for Manning against and all-time great defense.
Yeah, that clearly makes Geno as good as an all-time great who won 2 SB's and had 5 MVP's.
I don’t think anyone is saying Geno is as good as Manning. The point was made that good quarterbacks will
Adjust to what the defense brings and score points and win games. Bringing up Manning and 48 is just showing that the original point is incorrect in its face. Geno will never be a Manning or a Brady but he’s a good system quarterback. Problem is that right now we aren’t playing in the system that suits his skill set. That would be using the run to set up the pass

scutterhawk

Reaction score
One bad game for Manning against and all-time great defense.
Yeah, that clearly makes Geno as good as an all-time great who won 2 SB's and had 5 MVP's.
Yeah Soul, I don't think that is what he's suggesting, I think he like myself was saying, that if a Quarterback like Peyton Manning can be Manhandled & made to look Pedestrian, what chance in hell does an average/Good QB like Geno Smith to look any better while playing against a Number One Ranked Defense like the Ravens.
Absolutely great Defenses are hard enough for GOOD TO GREAT QB's to deal with...The lesser QB's with struggling O-Lines don't often have a chance in hell against them.

Xxx

Reaction score
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I want him to win, every damn time he plays. I care about the team WINNING. No matter who is under center. Winning is the only thing that matters. Just because I think he's an average QB, that doesn't mean I hate the guy. I love Geno, I just don't think he's clutch. It's my opinion, and you have yours. ✌️
Love? Enh… tolerate… for now