Nonsense, this is a total rebuild

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Most of us have been with the Seahawks a LONG time before PC came along. I really don't appreciate the manipulation and being lied to? This is an undeniable rebuild, our frikin offensive and defensive captains are gone!

What is with this resistance to calling it a rebuild? Is it political correctness gone mad? Why spin anything that is remotely negative and pretend it isn't what it is. Just like with Bobby, this delusional behavior is why we can't believe in the FO and it's disturbingly similar to politics these days. Honesty goes a long way in gaining fans respect.

Just be honest, the team is understandably less valued. I mean, we have laws that prevent car buyers from charging full price for the same exact reason. Stop spinning lies and tell it like it is.

Rebuilds are risky but aren't always bad things.

It sucks adding Seahawk related stuff to my list of all time stupidest things.

nanomoz

Reaction score
My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a consistent vision. It should be a total rebuild. Totally. Some moves indicate that.

Why do you give that contract to a 30-year-old safety, if that's the case? I love Quandre as much as the next Hawk fan, he's been the team's best player.

It's a hard to really buy the vision of this rebuild. They've got $30 million APY invested in safeties. It doesn't make sense to me.

I kind of get the Al Woods deal. He's a good deal. And they probably don't intend on spending a pick on nose tackle. So that makes some sense. They just can't address every hole on the roster in this draft/UDFA class.

Fade

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but it is not a rebuild.

Pete is going to trade for a veteran QB, and try to win with a mediocre roster. They will draft a QB either this year, or next, but he won't start for a while.

But it is an implosion if it makes you feel better. A decade of meh to poor drafting, bad FA classes, losing your Franchise QB, and getting fleeced in multiple blockbuster trades will do that to you.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Just curious, has any NFL management team and coaching staff ever referred to their rebuild years as a rebuild years?

Maybe after the fact, but you just don't come right out and tell your fans to ignore your team for a year or two because they are in rebuild mode, even when it is obvious to all that the team is in full rebuild mode.

OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2r85w7ua said:
Just curious, has any NFL management team and coaching staff ever referred to their rebuild years as a rebuild years?

Maybe after the fact, but you just don't come right out and tell your fans to ignore your team for a year or two because they are in rebuild mode, even when it is obvious to all that the team is in full rebuild mode.

That is a good point, most rebuilds occur after another coach's departure and we don't expect immediate results from a new coach.

PC's got us a SB and his resolve is tenacious but I can't help but have reservations about a 71 year old coach rebuilding his own team.

Hyak

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. They have purged nearly every player over 30 from the roster with today's moves. Rightfully so. Right now, they have only a handful of guys over 30 - Al Woods, Shelby Harris, Gabe Jackson, Jason Myers, and Nick Bellore.

Go young with a mix of some key vets like Lockett and Diggs who can lead the Seahawk way. If I had to guess, they re-sign Geno Smith to compete with Lock and draft a QB either this year or preferably next year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Simple. You don't announce to your 60,000+ Season Ticket Holders you are rebuilding.

You use other terminology. A business slight of hand of sorts. Simple psychology. Retooling, revamping, regrouping...

Never rebuilding.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
A rebuild may include a change of philosophy; I doubt PC is going to change that aspect of his program.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rebuild has a negative connotation that implies tearing the nucleus of a team apart to create an entirely new one.

It's a dumb term to use from the perspective of a tenured front office. It's defeatist.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":2lawlmis said:
Simple. You don't announce to your 60,000+ Season Ticket Holders you are rebuilding.

You use other terminology. A business slight of hand of sorts. Simple psychology. Retooling, revamping, regrouping...

Never rebuilding.

Refrabrication ;)

Fade

Reaction score
Hawknight":1o34l4sn said:
Aros":1o34l4sn said:

Never rebuilding.

Refrabrication ;)

I know this. They can call it whatever they want, but if they don't win games, people are going to be pissed.

If they had called it a rebuild at their presser, the fanbase would still be mad, sure. But they could point to that, and say "Give 'em 1 more year. Let 'em draft a QB first!"

Now they potentially won't have that luxury. By playing it this way, the expectations are higher, and wins are going to be expected. Especially if they acquire a veteran QB.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Retool, rebuild, dumpster fire. Use your favorite terminology.

Just gonna be rough for awhile. Hopefully not 18 years.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don’t know about a rebuild, but certainly a fairly extensive renovation!

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Its moneyball, plain and simple.

They gotta do some jukin and jivin in pressers to hide their intentions for the draft.

Bring in a ton of new faces to support the always compete concept.

Talk everybody up so you can trade away the ones you know you won't make the cut.

Yeah, complete rebuild.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Fade":om4lrrz6 said:

Pete is going to trade for a veteran QB, and try to win with a mediocre roster. They will draft a QB either this year, or next, but he won't start for a while.

But it is an implosion if it makes you feel better. A decade of meh to poor drafting, bad FA classes, losing your Franchise QB, and getting fleeced in multiple blockbuster trades will do that to you.

This is all true and makes me wanna puke. Can anyone tell me why this board isn't in total agreement that Pete should have been fired by now?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
beastalamode":2nkzu62w said:
Fade":2nkzu62w said:

This is all true and makes me wanna puke. Can anyone tell me why this board isn't in total agreement that Pete should have been fired by now?

As has already been mentioned, ONE of the PERTINENT reasons THAT Russ found success in his first 4 seasons with the Seahawks, was because PETE & JOHN recognized the 3rd rounders talent of being a scrambler with a good arm, BUT, it was also because PETE & JOHN went out the year before drafting him and traded for MARSHAWN LYNCH, which when paired with Wilson, gave the Seahawks Offense its IDENTITY........PETE & JOHN DID THAT.
AND, it was ALSO that OLD DUFFER that put together a DEFENSE for the ages = the LOB...Hows that for an "IDENTITY"
Many fans here are pi$$ed that he sent an unappreciative & disgruntled RW on his way to Denver to reestablish his new Market.
Some of y'all Jokers need to just STOP with the "He's Just an Old Has-Been", it makes ya sound DUMB. :141847_bnono:

Elemas

Reaction score
Fans are playing chess. PC & JS know damn well this is a rebuild. You can’t just come out and say that..

94Smith

Reaction score
The problem with a roster purge is if the Seahawks have a really bad season next year the fan base is going to be out for blood and ownership will be forced into firing Pete and John