Nonsense, this is a total rebuild

Jville

Reaction score
94Smith":3msroo2a said:
The problem with a roster purge is if the Seahawks have a really bad season next year the fan base is going to be out for blood and ownership will be forced into firing Pete and John

No worries .........

Not gonna happen.

94Smith

Reaction score
Jville":1lp2pzpe said:
94Smith":1lp2pzpe said:
The problem with a roster purge is if the Seahawks have a really bad season next year the fan base is going to be out for blood and ownership will be forced into firing Pete and John

No worries .........

Not gonna happen.

Why is that? You think they won't have a bad season or that ownership will not fire Pete and John if they do. Or do you think the fans won't be calling for their heads.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GemCity":3t5lfxay said:
Fans are playing chess. PC & JS know damn well this is a rebuild. You can’t just come out and say that..
LOLOL Ya, okay, they've emptied the clip of spent, misfired & injury prone rounds, It's time for a 'Reloading'...ALL teams are doing this EVERY YEAR to one degree or another...The Rams "Reloaded'' their Quarterback position by bringing in Stafford and a couple of other Defenders.
Green Bay :240039: had to Pony up $50,000,000 to keep a disgruntled & sniveling Rogers...Pete & John weren't willing to do that to our CAP for a disgruntled Wilson, and why the hell would they?
Oh and Chess? LOLOLOL C'mon man some of y'all don't even know how to use your Rooks LOLOLOL

keasley45

Reaction score
Can someone define for me the difference between a rebuild and a reload, because I see threads with titles like this one and legitimately try to understand the case being made, but can't.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I interpret a rebuild, is more akin to what PC and JS did in 2010. Our roster, save for Hass and a player or two on D, was largely discarded and 'rebuilt from scratch. Literally torn down to zero and almost every position recast. We had no stars.

2022, we have 2 top 10 safeties. A player who looks to be a star at cb (albeit recovering from surgery), three stud LBS in Brooks, Taylor and now Nwosu, and at the least what look to be solid pieces on the o-line.

On offense, Chris Carson was statistically a top 10 to top 5 back, Penny closed out the year as the best in the league, and our top 2 Wrs have been in the conversation league wide about where they rank in terms of top duos. Our TE feature Fant and Dissly (hard to call their potential just average), and our o-line looks like it's a point of emphasis this off-season, so likely will be improved.

And we aren't even finished with free agency or the draft....

The QB position is 200% being rebuilt, but there wasn't a lot to be done about that and given the trade had to be made, the pieces we received in return, in my opinion, position us well to fill some wholes and compete right now with steady, but not spectacular qb play.

This doesn't feel at all to me like a team that's just dead in the water without a paddle or a sail.

I do understand how the performance last year, the varying opinions as to why we sucked, and then the loss of Russ, who given perception, appeared to be the only good thing we had, could make things look hopeless. But if you consider maybe that the reason we were as bad as we were was less talent, and more roadblocks that needed to be removed (coaches, a stubborn philosophy, and an impass at the qb position), it paints a very different picture. I don't even know that I'd call what's happening a reload. It feels more like a shift... for whatever that's worth.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty of teams retain good players, at market to better price, while rebuilding. Or, maybe it was that they were “reloading” and no one knew the difference?

Reloading in our case would translate to we had a solid plan at QB. A definitive starter. Not “everyone deserves a second chance…maybe it’s Drew, maybe it’s Geno. Hey Kaep deserves a chance”. That doesn’t really sound like a reload at the most important position on the field does it? While I agree with players deserving a second chance, I don’t believe for one second that PC and/or JS think this team’s going to do that much more than they did last season. Chess not checkers statement…imo their going to try to follow the philosophy they created earlier on and they’re going to do that via some of that draft magic they had earlier on. Hopefully, not the bad drafting we’ve done in recent years. They’re going to do this while reminding everyone that they’re going to always compete.

If I were an FO, I’d call it a reload all day too. You’ve got to keep interest in the team. Don’t be mistaken though. This team is not going anywhere….yet.

Scout

Reaction score
Can someone define for me the difference between a rebuild and a reload, because I see threads with titles like this one and legitimately try to understand the case being made, but can't.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I interpret a rebuild, is more akin to what PC and JS did in 2010. Our roster, save for Hass and a player or two on D, was largely discarded and 'rebuilt from scratch. Literally torn down to zero and almost every position recast. We had no stars.

2022, we have 2 top 10 safeties. A player who looks to be a star at cb (albeit recovering from surgery), three stud LBS in Brooks, Taylor and now Nwosu, and at the least what look to be solid pieces on the o-line.

On offense, Chris Carson was statistically a top 10 to top 5 back, Penny closed out the year as the best in the league, and our top 2 Wrs have been in the conversation league wide about where they rank in terms of top duos. Our TE feature Fant and Dissly (hard to call their potential just average), and our o-line looks like it's a point of emphasis this off-season, so likely will be improved.

And we aren't even finished with free agency or the draft....

The QB position is 200% being rebuilt, but there wasn't a lot to be done about that and given the trade had to be made, the pieces we received in return, in my opinion, position us well to fill some wholes and compete right now with steady, but not spectacular qb play.

This doesn't feel at all to me like a team that's just dead in the water without a paddle or a sail.

I do understand how the performance last year, the varying opinions as to why we sucked, and then the loss of Russ, who given perception, appeared to be the only good thing we had, could make things look hopeless. But if you consider maybe that the reason we were as bad as we were was less talent, and more roadblocks that needed to be removed (coaches, a stubborn philosophy, and an impass at the qb position), it paints a very different picture. I don't even know that I'd call what's happening a reload. It feels more like a shift... for whatever that's worth.
A rebuild involves tearing down a roster to bring in youth to lower salary cap costs or to free up cap space in the future. Seattle is currently $30 mil under the cap and in 2023 is projected to be $117 mil under the cap.

As you outlined Seattle has talent on offense to compete with any team in the league. The defense does need more talent but it is not far off. But bringing back Jefferson while adding Shelby Harris strengthens the front of the Seattle defense.

The question is what will Seattle choose to do with the current cap space?

Jville

Reaction score
Why is that? You think they won't have a bad season or that ownership will not fire Pete and John if they do. Or do you think the fans won't be calling for their heads.
Good question.

I think Pete and John will carry on and deliver a good entertaining season. There will always be some fans calling for somebody's head regardless of what unfolds. That's just part of the noise.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Anti-Peters will Anti-Pete and the rest of us will watch and wait before passing judgment on what this is a rebuild or a reload. Given the ownership agreeing with the trade of Wilson I don't think Jn'P are in the hottest for next season even if the team finishes last in the NFC-W.

Wilson wanted out, and Wagner wasn't worth what he was being paid. The team moved on from them, this was unfortunate, and a lot hinges on what happens in the draft but the draft offers a lot of hope for the addition of quality young and cheap talent. The team is going to take a great deal of the dead money off the books this offseason and will be in brilliant cap shape for next year.

I'd be a bit surprised if they draft a QB this draft except maybe very late.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Who gives a damn? You have eyes you can see what's going on, who cares? Either you are a fan or you are not?

Latest posts