Wow, the press conference proves Pete is bat**** crazy

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I was in the camp of firing him years ago but this presser just proved it. He has lost touch with all reality. He opens up about second chances and how they are so great and built the team on second chances. Does he realize like next to none of those besides Marshawn have worked out. He even doubled down on the Jamal Adam’s trade being great when it may be the worst trade in franchise history. So shows his future plan is to get more team rejects or washed up players and win that way. I lost count long ago of all the guys they have tried that with and most didn’t even last the year.

Whether you like Russ or not no one in the world could say this team is better off without him when the replacement is Drew Lock. Well Pete truly thinks so. I don’t think that was just marketing talk either. He truly believes Lock can be good basing it off his college years but yet refuses to look at anything that happened in his pro career. He even said they could win a championship if he just controls the ball. Well you need to score some points too, keeping the ball and punting over and over wont do it. But that brings me to the next point cause Pete thinks 6-3 games are somehow going to happen.

Then he spends 30 minutes talking about how his system is so great even though its from the 1920’s and how defense, special teams and running will win it for him. Well why hasn’t it won anything in 10 years. He said his system is what works players don’t matter and its always been that way since footballs been around. Then when questions open up and someone calls him out on it and says why wont he adapt to his players talent he says he does and would never jam a square peg in a round hole. Well Pete did you just forget the whole 30 minutes of trash you spewed before that. Have you forgotten the last 10 years of on field play where you definitely have not adapted to your players.

Hawks are 100% rebuild and will always be until Pete is gone. He is beyond delusion to think they are championship ready.
I think you’re blinded by success. And a little spoiled to be frank. If anyone has been able to adapt and thrive it’s been Pete and his culture. I find it odd that you think his system is archaic when they have a top 10 offense with a McVay scheme and a new set on defensive with Hurtt and his 3/4 when they’ve been a 4/3 cover 3 practically the entire time with Bobby. Wake up guy. Pay attention to what is about to happen…..again

pmedic920

Reaction score
And yet……

When I listen to player interviews ESPECIALLY new players they are constantly saying that they love the “vibe” and atmosphere.

Very few teams have had the amount of success that the Seahawks have had during Pete’s time with us. I guarantee that there are several fan bases that would love to be in our shoes based on what we’ve accomplished.
No coach or coaching staff is going to please every fan at every moment, and I too get frustrated at times…..
…. I also know that it could be way worse, and that the majority of fan bases have much more frustrations than us.

I truly believe that we could go 16–1 this season and someone would want Pete gone because we didn’t win all 17.

There isn’t a team in the NFL that hasn’t made some bad trades/signings, we have very few under Pete/John.

It’s pretty easy to say Pete is bat shit crazy or washed up while pecking on a phone or keyboard and having absolutely no real idea. I’ve tried pretty hard (unsuccessfully) to find a player or coach from his Seahawk tenure that says or believes it. If there are any out they they are very few and far between and buried deep in some obscure interview/quote.

Guess it’s a matter of perspective, my sig states mine very clearly.

“It’s a great time to be a Seahawk fan”
Those of you that disagree must not remember or have been around for the “real” lean times.

Edit: ha, I just noticed the date of the OP.

MY OPINION STANDS

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I still think dotNET board needs a zombie emoji. And yes, I'm the one who revived this zombie. I still think it would be handy to have one.

And maybe a way to attach it to the thread title.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
That was clearly one of his most bizaare moments. Cringe-worth up and down.... but things worked out OK.

GemCity

Reaction score
Hahahaha I got caught up in this so and then noticed the date.
Lmao…same. Was just about to post a “John63 sighting”….and then noticed it was ‘22

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
When you wake up to reaction notis for something you posted a year ago and had almost no recall over almost had me thinking I had a multiple personality disorder and one of my other selves took over through the night like im Harvey freakin Dent.

94Smith

Reaction score
Pete is crazy like a fox. if he can fix the defense were in business.
Thats the only thing that I would question. He is a defensive coordinator and they have been trying to fix the defense since 2018. Great coach though

Atradees

Reaction score
Its rare a coach lasts 10 years unless you get a super qb to make you like a genius like Reid.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think you’re blinded by success. And a little spoiled to be frank. If anyone has been able to adapt and thrive it’s been Pete and his culture. I find it odd that you think his system is archaic when they have a top 10 offense with a McVay scheme and a new set on defensive with Hurtt and his 3/4 when they’ve been a 4/3 cover 3 practically the entire time with Bobby. Wake up guy. Pay attention to what is about to happen…..again
We have a top 10 offense? According to who? We were ranked 13th in total offense in 2022, 20th in 2021, and 17th in 2020. You have to go all the way back to 2019 to find a Seahawk offense ranked in the top 10, and it wasn't the Waldron/McVay system, Brian Schottenheimer was our OC.

BASF

Reaction score
We have a top 10 offense? According to who? We were ranked 13th in total offense in 2022, 20th in 2021, and 17th in 2020. You have to go all the way back to 2019 to find a Seahawk offense ranked in the top 10, and it wasn't the Waldron/McVay system, Brian Schottenheimer was our OC.
Yards mean so much less than points:

Which puts us at number nine.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Very few teams have had the amount of success that the Seahawks have had during Pete’s time with us. I guarantee that there are several fan bases that would love to be in our shoes based on what we’ve accomplished.
No coach or coaching staff is going to please every fan at every moment, and I too get frustrated at times…..
…. I also know that it could be way worse, and that the majority of fan bases have much more frustrations than us.

I truly believe that we could go 16–1 this season and someone would want Pete gone because we didn’t win all 17.

There isn’t a team in the NFL that hasn’t made some bad trades/signings, we have very few under Pete/John.

It’s pretty easy to say Pete is bat shit crazy or washed up while pecking on a phone or keyboard and having absolutely no real idea. I’ve tried pretty hard (unsuccessfully) to find a player or coach from his Seahawk tenure that says or believes it. If there are any out they they are very few and far between and buried deep in some obscure interview/quote.

Guess it’s a matter of perspective, my sig states mine very clearly.

“It’s a great time to be a Seahawk fan”
Those of you that disagree must not remember or have been around for the “real” lean times.

Edit: ha, I just noticed the date of the OP.

MY OPINION STANDS

Yards mean so much less than points:

Which puts us at number nine.
Most stat heads use total yardage to rank offenses and defenses, not points. Defense and special teams can score points, but yards are the exclusive possession of the offense/defense. If you're going to use points, then it should be noted as top 10 in scoring offense/defense.

Jville

Reaction score
Most stat heads use total yardage to rank offenses and defenses, not points. Defense and special teams can score points, but yards are the exclusive possession of the offense/defense. If you're going to use points, then it should be noted as top 10 in scoring offense/defense.

I'm looking at the scoring logs and rankings over on NFL.com

Seahawks offense shared the 9th spot in scoring with the Dolphins.

Seahawks defense returned only 1 interception for a TD. Tied for 11th with a whole bunch of other teams. No fumble recoveries returned or safeties.

Seahawks special teams tied for second in field goals made. Tied for 7th in extra points made. No TD kick or punt returns.

But, that was for 2022. Where as the prospects for 2023 look even better.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm looking at the scoring logs and rankings over on NFL.com

Seahawks offense shared the 9th spot in scoring with the Dolphins.

Seahawks defense returned only 1 interception for a TD. Tied for 11th with a whole bunch of other teams. No fumble recoveries returned or safeties.

Seahawks special teams tied for second in field goals made. Tied for 7th in extra points made. No TD kick or punt returns.

But, that was for 2022. Where as the prospects for 2023 look even better.
I appreciate your qualifying your post. Nevertheless, when most professional analysts refer to "top ranked offense" or "top ranked defense," they're usually referring to a ranking based on total yards.

More so than total yards, rankings based on scoring offense/defense can be problematic. If a great defense is giving the ball to an offense in great field position, it can inflate the offense's scoring production. Same goes for an offense that turns the ball over or puts the opposing offense in scoring range. Although it's far from perfect, total yards does a better job of screening out those factors than does scoring. That's why it's more commonly used.

But that's just the stat head in me talking. My eyes tell me that our offense is middle of the road, somewhere between #12 and #24. They are not on the same plane as the Chiefs, Eagles, or Bills, but they're not as bad as the Bears or Texans. Between the two units, they have fewer problems to fix, but there's still lots of room for improvement and can't carry the team without a good deal of support from the defense and special teams.

toffee

Reaction score
Ummm you sir/mdm can keep all the yards and media ranks, I shall be happy to take the points.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ummm you sir/mdm can keep all the yards and media ranks, I shall be happy to take the points.
I'm not the one that started trumpeting a 'media ranking.' I responded to a claim that we had a top 10 media ranked offense.

Jville

Reaction score
Top ten offense in offensive touchdowns. Everything else is just noise.

Indeed ...............

Fans get very emotional and upset watching their favorite team move the ball up and down the field only to come up short at scoring touchdowns. Touchdowns matter. As do the resulting points.