Wow, the press conference proves Pete is bat**** crazy

classicaaron

Reaction score
I was in the camp of firing him years ago but this presser just proved it. He has lost touch with all reality. He opens up about second chances and how they are so great and built the team on second chances. Does he realize like next to none of those besides Marshawn have worked out. He even doubled down on the Jamal Adam’s trade being great when it may be the worst trade in franchise history. So shows his future plan is to get more team rejects or washed up players and win that way. I lost count long ago of all the guys they have tried that with and most didn’t even last the year.

Whether you like Russ or not no one in the world could say this team is better off without him when the replacement is Drew Lock. Well Pete truly thinks so. I don’t think that was just marketing talk either. He truly believes Lock can be good basing it off his college years but yet refuses to look at anything that happened in his pro career. He even said they could win a championship if he just controls the ball. Well you need to score some points too, keeping the ball and punting over and over wont do it. But that brings me to the next point cause Pete thinks 6-3 games are somehow going to happen.

Then he spends 30 minutes talking about how his system is so great even though its from the 1920’s and how defense, special teams and running will win it for him. Well why hasn’t it won anything in 10 years. He said his system is what works players don’t matter and its always been that way since footballs been around. Then when questions open up and someone calls him out on it and says why wont he adapt to his players talent he says he does and would never jam a square peg in a round hole. Well Pete did you just forget the whole 30 minutes of trash you spewed before that. Have you forgotten the last 10 years of on field play where you definitely have not adapted to your players.

Hawks are 100% rebuild and will always be until Pete is gone. He is beyond delusion to think they are championship ready.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You rarely want to build something without a plan. It usually works better with a plan.

A rebuild without a plan is indeed crazy.

The problem is that our plan is not to rebuild the team.

Our plan is to pretend we can still win.

So we will be focused on that instead of actually making the team better over time.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I'm about five minutes into the Press Conference, and geez, it's clear Pete hasn't taken his ADHD meds today. Lord O Mighty he is scattered and all over the place. It's difficult to listen too, without taking into consideration all the nonsense coming out of his mouth.

strohmin

Reaction score
Ya I think pete has lost his mind. It's clear that he desperately trying to win another superbowl his way to make up for his last Superbowl. Pete should have done this a few years ago.

Largent.4.Prez

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":2cv1fwp5 said:
I'm about five minutes into the Press Conference, and geez, it's clear Pete hasn't taken his ADHD meds today. Lord O Mighty he is scattered and all over the place. It's difficult to listen too, without taking into consideration all the nonsense coming out of his mouth.

I totally agree with you. I tuned in to hear Pete telling a story about his college coaching days and "NEVER" changing his philosophy. Coach the game is always changing adapt or move on.

xray

Reaction score
And this is news ?

nanomoz

Reaction score
SNDavidson":314bqi6s said:
All the hate on this fan forum man. It's unappealing.

Go follow the yankees and stfu.

The OP's criticisms mostly seem reasonable to me. I sense no hate. Just frustration. Reasonable frustration.

gabel

Reaction score
Wow! Hello darkness my old friend.

I watched the entire news conference and I was impressed. Impressed at the resolve, at the determination. Pete Carroll does nothing but win year after year. Actually no one but Belichick has won more games in the last 10 years. This next year we will learn who is more important Russel Wilson or Pete Carroll.

Pete hasn't changed he has always been a winner.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No. He was a barely .500 coach for 6 years before he had Wilson.

Wilson was a winner. And the team won as long as they had him.

Now that they don't, magically they won't be winning anymore.

And weirdly, Wilson will keep winning at a new location despite all his terrible flaws.

jhball

Reaction score
Yall act like wilson wasnt a young unproven player when we were winning the ship.
Fact is he was carried by the defense and we could run the ball. His biggest contribution was being smart enough at an early age to not turn it over.
I mean what happened at the goal line when pete tried to give him his moment? Shoulda ran the ball.
I realize he did make a few plays and was exciting at times to watch. But he is not a tier one qb no matter how bad he wants to be.
Great qb yes
One of the greats ever…no.
Pete is right. Defense wins championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
jhball":1s6o0idx said:
Yall act like wilson wasnt a young unproven player when we were winning the ship.
Fact is he was carried by the defense and we could run the ball. His biggest contribution was being smart enough at an early age to not turn it over.
I mean what happened at the goal line when pete tried to give him his moment? Shoulda ran the ball.
I realize he did make a few plays and was exciting at times to watch. But he is not a tier one qb no matter how bad he wants to be.
Great qb yes

:lol: :lol:

You realize they had a top defense and run game before Wilson and did not even smell the Sb. As to the rest of your post, yeah the facts and stats say otherwise. Now history lesson, 2012 NFCCG Wilson gives us a lead with 20 seconds to go only yo have the LOB give up the games. More history 2014 Wilsin gave us a 2 score lead with under 9 minutes to go only to have the LOB give the lead back. We never should have needed to score at the end. Also again pC catching record in NFl without Wilsom .400. With Wilson over .600. With Wilson but no LOB .555. Hmm.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
[vimeo][/vimeo]
nanomoz":2lsew2nu said:
SNDavidson":2lsew2nu said:
All the hate on this fan forum man. It's unappealing.

Go follow the yankees and stfu.

The OP's criticisms mostly seem reasonable to me. I sense no hate. Just frustration. Reasonable frustration.

Fair enough, my google degree says clinical depression, lot of it, and a lot of whining and vitriol. It is in fact me that has the problem with it, I will take a break. I find this place to be very depressing. I'll check in later. Peace folks.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I am against Carroll as coach and have been for some time now but everything in his presser, he is supposed to say.

He is trying to retain his job for the next few years.

He has to defend his decisions and back Drew Lock.

However, it doesn’t mean things will work out for him.

I’m just hopeful the Seahawks show some promise this upcoming year.

Some kind of change was necessary and we shall see for sure what Carroll can do without Wilson and Wilson’s contract.

jhball

Reaction score
John63":3o2sgrkb said:
jhball":3o2sgrkb said:
Great qb yes

You realize they had a top defense and run game before Wilson and did not even smell the Sb. As to the rest of your post, yeah the facts and stats say otherwise. Now history lesson, 2012 NFCCG Wilson gives us a lead with 20 seconds to go only yo have the LOB give up the games. More history 2014 Wilsin gave us a 2 score lead with under 9 minutes to go only to have the LOB give the lead back. We never should have needed to score at the end. Also again pC catching record in NFl without Wilsom .400. With Wilson over .600. With Wilson but no LOB .555. Hmm.
Thanks for the history lesson.
Youre right wilson is perfect.
Im glad you showed me all the facts and stats.

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":tap6syay said:
You realize they had a top defense and run game before Wilson and did not even smell the Sb.

But do you really believe this? Come on, this is a heck of a stretch.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
nwHawk":37x717te said:
John63":37x717te said:
You realize they had a top defense and run game before Wilson and did not even smell the Sb.

But do you really believe this? Come on, this is a heck of a stretch.

Players like Bobby, Bruce, and JR must be easy to forget.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
John63":1a9032vs said:
jhball":1a9032vs said:
Great qb yes

Not in the first half of 2011 season. And that 2011 had a relatively young defense growing into their own that was missing a lot of guys that they would eventually obtain in the next two off-seasons.

To be fair,

In 2012, Seahawks lost Chris Clemons the game before, and he was like 66% of the pass-rush.

In 2014, Every LOB starter was playing with a lingering injury, Kam’s was literally in the walkthrough the night before, besides Maxwell. Lane intercepts only to break his arm yet the D was still battling strong save for Edelman heroics. Then faltered apart once Avril was forced to leave the game due to concussion protocol. Where as Edelman the MVP of the game, IRCC, wasn’t even checked for after coming up wobbly and disoriented. Not to mention Russ wasn’t really doing much until the run game started working plus the insertion of Chris Mathews that threw the Patriots off-guard for less than two quarters plus late game Kearse heroics.

And to be fair, besides two big time throws when needed, the 2013 NFC CG and the 2014 NFC CG were kind of won more so on the strengths of Lynch/Running Scheme and D/ST.

And while we are at it you might be the single most person as to why I really don’t care why Wilson is a Bronco, right now. Thanks because it’s really not worth wrecking my mind over. It’s like the sun finally set and I can see the stars for the first time.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of revisionist history by some here , without actually stating what happened or giving any specifics.

Do you remember how bad this team was before Pete got here? Are those of you who are ****ing all over Petes ability to restart newer fans? Jim Mora year ring a bell? When PC and JS get here and they flipped what , hundreds of players/transactions(?) over the course of a few years while building the team that won 1 and should have won 2 straight Super Bowls.

No matter how you feel about the last few years and no matter how you feel on losing RW, to think that there is no shot of JS and Pete building another team is baffling to me. If anything trading RW releases them and allows them to do whatever they hell they wanna try and I'm all for it.

RW is the one who didn't want to be here anymore. He made that perfectly clear even if he refuses to say so now (which is of course on brand for him)

I never wanted to lose the guy, was baffled with all the shit he was saying last year. But now that he is gone, as far as I'm concerned he is on an enemy team and I just wanna beat him.